2014 Taylormade Golf Balls

hitmanharleyk

Swing Easy, Hit it Hard!
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 3.6
Anyone heard anything about what they are offering?

I was told they are doing away with the Lethal name, said it wasn't well thought out and that the really didn't like it associated with one of their products. They are coming out with a TP and a TP-X which probably is no more that a rebadged Rocketballz Urethane and the Lethal. The company likes the TP name because of the success they have had with it in the past.

I actually like the RBZ U and the Lethal balls, but I spin the heck out of the RBZ U with wedges.

The thread I have been waiting for. I cannot wait to put the replacement for the Lethal in play.

The thread I have been waiting for. I cannot wait to put the replacement for the Lethal in play.

why do you need the lethal to be renamed?

Well I know one thing if for sure, when info is released, THP will have it in spades

why do you need the lethal to be renamed?

Did he mention wanting it renamed? Or wanting to put something new from TM in play?

Personally, I cant wait for their new balls. The Penta was one of the best balls I had ever gamed, then the Penta 3/5 whatever came out and was miserable, and then the Lethal this year was even worse.

Also, the name sucks.

I was surprised how much I didn't care for the TP5.

I am an avid TM fan. My whole bag is TM but the Lethal name was a very poor marketing choice and I for one refused to buy the product because of it.

Did he mention wanting it renamed? Or wanting to put something new from TM in play?

Personally, I cant wait for their new balls. The Penta was one of the best balls I had ever gamed, then the Penta 3/5 whatever came out and was miserable, and then the Lethal this year was even worse.

Also, the name sucks.

PentaTP was one of my favorite balls they ever made. The TP5 didn't bother me too much since it was better for me than the 3.

Also, the name sucks.
I loved the penta, ALOT

I am an avid TM fan. My whole bag is TM but the Lethal name was a very poor marketing choice and I for one refused to buy the product because of it.
I am fond of the ball (PB/78) but didn't buy them because of the price more than the nsme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Also, the name sucks.

his sig says he's waiting for it to be renamed so he can play it. so, yes, he did say that.

Others have already answered it for me more or less. I think the Lethal name is the nadir of TM's naming douchebaggery and that is saying something.

I have liked each generation of TP better than the last and only played TP balls the vast majority of my rounds for about a 2 year span because of that. But the Lethal name was so bad I switched.

his sig says he's waiting for it to be renamed so he can play it. so, yes, he did say that.
Easy there killa, don't get agro..War is off his meds for the evening

Others have already answered it for me more or less. I think the Lethal name is the nadir of TM's naming douchebaggery and that is saying something.

I have liked each generation of TP better than the last and only played TP balls the vast majority of my rounds for about a 2 year span because of that. But the Lethal name was so bad I switched.

Couldn't you just put a line through the name and voila, you now have a possible TP5?

Personally, I like the lethal, and don't mind the name. It performs well for me, so that's all I care about. As long as they improve upon it next year, I'll give that a try too.

I'm curious to see what comes out. I too really liked the Pentas. Hope the name is better as well, but with their recent naming schemes I'm not holding my breath.

I just heard its gonna be called the LethalPentaTP5

Be interesting to see what they bring out. I tried a lethal for the first time last week and actually quite liked it, into the wind it was good.

I liked the TP3 for a majority of this year, I will be interested to see what they come up with. I wasn't a huge fan of the Lethal.

Couldn't you just put a line through the name and voila, you now have a possible TP5?

No because then I would be supporting what I am against. Vote with your dollars.

When the new stuff comes out I'll happily buy a boatload of discounted Lethals.

I honestly hated the TP5 for some reason but then tried the lethal and it hasn't left my bag. I'm not sure how much they could improve the lethal for my game but I'm certainly interested

I LOVED the Penta; The TP5 was okay. I haven't played the Lethal enough to really know. I look forward to trying the new improved TM product. Maybe as part of my deal for the MC!!!! ( So hoping!)

I never played a TM offering in the ball market untill I tried the Lethal a couple of months ago and I liked the feel of it compared to the 2013 Pro-v1x. With that said, the 2013 Pro-v1x was head and shoulders better for my game than any of their ealier models, I'm also a little anti-Titleist because I feel they drive the price up in the ball market.
I also hate to spend $45 plus a dozen on golf balls so I'm always looking for something in the $25 range and I'm yet to find one that works. Like I said in the opening post the RBZ-U felt good like a premium ball but spun alot, I wonder how many shots this could cost me during a round. Second hole I played with it I hit a wedge into a short par 3, I fixed a ball mark 4 feet right of the pin and then walked 25 feet back to the front of the green to putt. I purchased a dozen at Walmart for $27 and will continue to play them to see if I continue to spin them this way, plus alot of back spin means there is potential for more side spin and like all of us I don't want that either.

I just heard its gonna be called the LethalPentaTP5

Doesn't matter what it's called. If it doesn't have a SpeedSlot - I'm not interested.

Back