2014 Taylormade Golf Balls

Pentas are on my top 3 list all time, love those balls and they can be had on the cheap if u can find em

Personally, I like the lethal, and don't mind the name. It performs well for me, so that's all I care about. As long as they improve upon it next year, I'll give that a try too.

^^^^
This

I loved and still do the original Penta, I have two buckets of them in my garage right now. It's interesting to wonder what will come next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still loving the TP3. I still have 7 dozens that I got from varies sales at $16/dozen. It's a great ball.

I have played all the TM balls since the Penta was released. I loved the Penta and still have a few sleeves in the travel bag. The TP3 was an OK ball, but I really liked the TP5 and played it for most of last year. When the Lethal was brought out, I bought a dozen the week of their release and can honestly say that I have over 3 sleeves still in the travel bag. I was not that impressed.
I would love to see TM come out with a new Penta, then I might just enjoy the TM ball again.

They are coming out with a new 5 piece ball as well as a new 4 piece ball. I believe they will both use the TP monicker again in some fashion. I really hope the 4 piece ball is similar to their last 4 piece ball the TP Red. They had a good thing going with the various TP names and models and it was stupid to switch it up with the Lethal name.

TP Red was a great ball as was the TP Black. I still like the TP/3 which from what I can tell is really the TP Black with a new name.
TP/3 and Hex Chrome are my 2 favorite balls right now

They are coming out with a new 5 piece ball as well as a new 4 piece ball. I believe they will both use the TP monicker again in some fashion. I really hope the 4 piece ball is similar to their last 4 piece ball the TP Red. They had a good thing going with the various TP names and models and it was stupid to switch it up with the Lethal name.

I'm confused on why the name is so bad. I honestly never gave the name a second thought. I never bought them because of the price. I very rarely pay over $30 a dozen.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Did he mention wanting it renamed? Or wanting to put something new from TM in play?

Personally, I cant wait for their new balls. The Penta was one of the best balls I had ever gamed, then the Penta 3/5 whatever came out and was miserable, and then the Lethal this year was even worse.

Also, the name sucks.

I could agree with you on the 5. However, in my opinion, the 3 was awesome. It just went straight, and I crushed that thing!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I just heard its gonna be called the LethalPentaTP5

Rocketpentalethalspindistancemegasuperdeepsomuchbetterthananyotherballever

Tapping from my IPhone

Does it do whatever I want and need off the tee? Then I don't caste what it's called or its color.

Exhibit A: Lady Precept

Doesn't matter what it's called. If it doesn't have a SpeedSlot - I'm not interested.

Send me a couple dozen Lethal's, I will put Speedslots in them for you......

Where Lethal's are better is in the paint department. I did like the Penta's. TP5 was just a silly name and a harder feel, and the Lethal was just a silly name.

I like just the TP name though. It is a simple and recognizable brand name for them.

Doesn't matter what it's called. If it doesn't have a SpeedSlot - I'm not interested.

Gonna have 3 different price points on drivers and at least 2 on fairway woods, RBZ line will soon be history.

Does it do whatever I want and need off the tee? Then I don't caste what it's called or its color.

Exhibit A: Lady Precept

To each their own but not how I'm wired. Given the sales results I hear kicked around it looks like I am not the only one. THP seems to uniquely have more folks who lean your way, but I've never been that guy who "would play a toaster on stick if it worked for me" or whatever other likewise all function, with no thought to form approach. Too many other options to have to settle.

I did play the hell out of that Lady Precept.

All good, whatever gets you in the hole the fastest right?

To each their own but not how I'm wired. Given the sales results I hear kicked around it looks like I am not the only one. THP seems to uniquely have more folks who lean your way, but I've never been that guy who "would play a toaster on stick if it worked for me" or whatever other likewise all function, with no thought to form approach. Too many other options to have to settle.

I did play the hell out of that Lady Precept.
Still looking forward to the day when you decide to tee it up with the rest of us Florida THPers.

Hopefully your work schedule can accommodate soon since you are so close.

True dat' MWard. That's why we got so many options these days.

War Eagle-Dude tell me about it. As you know I was all in for the Sarasota Gauntlet, then my wife (she works for The Boston Beer Company) won a trip to the Food & Wine Festival in Orlando while you were locking things down before the official thread popped up (within 48 hours heartbreakingly enough) and I couldn't break her heart by saying no since she had to be in the top 5 out of 260 to win the thing.

Then she switched weekends with another winner and now we are going there this weekend. I sent JB a note saying I was tossing my name in the hat in case there were 3 on the bench waiting for a 4th to form another team or in case someone dropped out. He said teams were locked out so unless someone drops out I'm out on this one. But I'm always game to come for a normal, mere mortals style round of golf too.

I loved the Penta....it was a great ball.

I wish they had never done away with the TP Black...that was a fantastic ball at a great price!

I loved the Penta....it was a great ball.

I wish they had never done away with the TP Black...that was a fantastic ball at a great price!

The TP Red and TP Black had both came and gone before I got into golf so can someone explain to me what it was that has endeared these two balls to so many for so long? I don't understand why Taylormade quit making them considering the huge following they have. Or was it that they got really popular after they went out of production?

The TP Red and TP Black had both came and gone before I got into golf so can someone explain to me what it was that has endeared these two balls to so many for so long? I don't understand why Taylormade quit making them considering the huge following they have. Or was it that they got really popular after they went out of production?

Can't speak to the Red but the black was a great ball. Long and strait off the tee, enough spin to stop on any green, even rock hard ones. For the price, I don't think there was a better ball. $30 a dozen for tour grade balls made them great.

pDSP1-17051467p275w.jpg

This just showed up on the Dick's website. 3 layers, looks like a possible replacement for the Rocketballz Urethane. $40 is a little steep if it is.

Wouldnt have guessed $40 for those

pDSP1-17051467p275w.jpg

This just showed up on the Dick's website. 3 layers, looks like a possible replacement for the Rocketballz Urethane. $40 is a little steep if it is.

Might be a Dick's Special to get rid of excess stock(RBZ Urethane/TP3) those are not on TM website which is what i would expect if it was the new ball I have heard a few names but this is not one of them the names i have heard for the high end ball are (TP & TPX)

Back