2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be brutally honest cause I know I can with everyone and this is something I want to get off my chest. I have mentioned it to a couple of people but I want it out there and known so others that want to share this event fully with me every step of the way know my thoughts at various points.

My focus for this event in the most simplest terms is to make sure I don't make a fool of myself on the course. I know this is a personal thing with me but let's face it, in a pool with as many great golfers as we have in this event, I am the guy with one of if not the highest handicaps as we begin the countdown and as that guy I will be putting a ton of pressure on myself to get my game and my body to levels I think they need to be and have not been for some time ( the body that is) .

As nervous as I am, I am just as confident that I can do this and become the golfer I know I am. Last year, I watched three people I am proud to call my friends do this same path (TBT, Smalls and SW) and I will use their successes to motivate me along the way. I have an awesome coach who I trust and work with very well, friends who are going to support me and challenge me on and off the golf course to get my game, body and mind in the right place come July, all of which I am most grateful for (especially the competition/practice on the course)

This is something I need, something I want, and something I will achieve.
You will do great, Rhino!

WR I'm in the high handicap boat with you buddy. I'm gonna be plugging away on the same things. You need anyone to chat with give me a ring.

I want to apologize right now for not being that active as of late. My internet went crappo the day before Christmas and an technician won't be able to help us until after we get back from Phoenix. I was really excited to see my Tour Rep's PM. I'm ready for this competition to start. I hope I make a good ambassador for THP.

I have some replying to catch up on in this thread. But my first reply will be a don't even try it WR!!!

Wouldn't do any good and you know it!

Rhino you will do fine buddy although you are like Tim in the fact BOTH of you are on the wrong teams. What gives with that ? :confused2: I'll still be rooting both of you cowboys on because under dawgs are special in my heart. :D

I am going to be brutally honest cause I know I can with everyone and this is something I want to get off my chest. I have mentioned it to a couple of people but I want it out there and known so others that want to share this event fully with me every step of the way know my thoughts at various points.

My focus for this event in the most simplest terms is to make sure I don't make a fool of myself on the course. I know this is a personal thing with me but let's face it, in a pool with as many great golfers as we have in this event, I am the guy with one of if not the highest handicaps as we begin the countdown and as that guy I will be putting a ton of pressure on myself to get my game and my body to levels I think they need to be and have not been for some time ( the body that is) .

As nervous as I am, I am just as confident that I can do this and become the golfer I know I am. Last year, I watched three people I am proud to call my friends do this same path (TBT, Smalls and SW) and I will use their successes to motivate me along the way. I have an awesome coach who I trust and work with very well, friends who are going to support me and challenge me on and off the golf course to get my game, body and mind in the right place come July, all of which I am most grateful for (especially the competition/practice on the course)

Gordon - You are going to do great. If there is anything I can help with, please let me know.

I know I went through a similar journey in 2011 and I can honestly say that it is a lot of fun (and great motivation) to have such a purpose in your golf life.

How many MC participants will be working with a professional on their swing via lessons and instruction?

Really been thinking about this JB, esp. with my recent driving wows. I think I am going to have my club pro watch me hit some this spring to see if there are some tweaks he could have me work on. There are some things I want to be able to do better so there is that as well. Great question at the right time. I don't want a swing overhaul but I do need some things to work on this new year.

White Rhino I wish you the best in your quest to get better and with that nice SoCal weather you have plenty of time to get your game in MC shape.

Rhino my friend, I know you can do anything...as you said there were several of us last year...me, Smalls, SW and don't forget how far Hawk came to....he was in the same boat last year and improved a ton!

The Morgan Cup is a great motivating tool, but don't stress out over it either have fun and enjoy the journey...being treated like a tour player is FUN!

You and I talk alot and I know that you are already making progress..you will be fine and I will be proud to call you my teammate.

And dont worry about embarrassing yourself, I can promise you that all 24 of us hit some really ugly shots last year...just because you didn't see them on video doesn't mean they didn't happen. None of us are pros....so don't worry about that part.

Rhino you're gonna rock it bro. It's not about anyone's handicap it's about going out as a team and playing 3 rounds of good golf and having fun. I know you'll improve by July I expect everyone to improve actually. Should be a fun process for everyone.

I'm right there with you brother! It was very weird to just go through a anniversary/birthday/Christmas and not ask for a single piece of equipment. I can't wait to get my hands on my new gear and see what Cobra/seeMore can do for my game.

Agreed. I had a gift card to use and bought my first pair of Puma sneakers. I can't wait to wear them tomorrow!!!

Tapatalking on my iPhone 5!

Rhino - You can do eeeeeeeeeeeet!

Just start working and enjoy the process. You'll be surprised how it all comes together by next July. It almost seems like you don't notice the improvements, but they'll be there.

Thank you to all who posted supportive comments after my last post. I was not certain if I wanted to put that post up for a few reasons but I finally decided to do so because there might be a hopeful for MC 2014 that might appreciate knowing how others are feeling through the process and maybe it will help them at the same time. While the participants need and want the support of the forum members I think it is equally important that we are there supporting the forum as well. Letting people into my world as I prepare for this event is very important to me and something I felt I was lacking in the last two events. Even though I have several friends in the event, I felt disconnected from them both and now that I have the honor I want to make sure that does not repeat itself with anyone of my friends.

Come July '13, Rhino will be ready!!! I am too stubborn not to be...lol

Rhino you'll do great buddy, just don't give up or get side tracked regardless of any hurdles you might hit on the way!

Thank you to all who posted supportive comments after my last post. I was not certain if I wanted to put that post up for a few reasons but I finally decided to do so because there might be a hopeful for MC 2014 that might appreciate knowing how others are feeling through the process and maybe it will help them at the same time. While the participants need and want the support of the forum members I think it is equally important that we are there supporting the forum as well. Letting people into my world as I prepare for this event is very important to me and something I felt I was lacking in the last two events. Even though I have several friends in the event, I felt disconnected from them both and now that I have the honor I want to make sure that does not repeat itself with anyone of my friends.

Come July '13, Rhino will be ready!!! I am too stubborn not to be...lol
Your on my team WR......you got this!!! :D

You'll do great rhino!

I'm really looking forward to this event. I'm kind of excited. Is anyone else excited? It's kind of a big deal :D

You know what I'm looking forward to that I haven't up until this new PGA tour season? Cheering for Bridgestone guys. Kuchar, Sneds, guys like that who I can see do well with the B on their chest and hat and I can feel the excitement too. This is awesome.

Your on my team WR......you got this!!! :D

Same here WR, Team DotCom knows you're going to bring it. Thank you so much for posting, knowing my teammates are going to be pushing themselves gives me even more motivation to push myself harder!

I was searching for something and out of nowhere came across this. WCBM absolutely has to mark his golf balls like this:

A-BrianWilsonFaceBall-033111-640x360.jpg

I was searching for something and out of nowhere came across this. WCBM absolutely has to mark his golf balls like this:

A-BrianWilsonFaceBall-033111-640x360.jpg

Looks like that took some effort to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back