Hyundai Tournament of Champions (Spoilers)

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
The PGA tour is finally back. I know it's a smaller field event, but I love watching this event every year, it's a great opportunity to relive some of the great wins from the year prior and what a beautiful course on TV.

I'm calling it now, Rickie Fowler wins!!!

The PGA tour is finally back. I know it's a smaller field event, but I love watching this event every year, it's a great opportunity to relive some of the great wins from the year prior and what a beautiful course on TV.

I'm calling it now, Rickie Fowler wins!!!

I have everything but the ProAm set to record already ... I'm still debating if I want to record it too.

Heard an interview on this tournament yesterday. Apparently they're going to have much better TV coverage this year (like 46 cameras instead of 25).

Love the tournament and coverage as well......really fun to watch when you've played the course too!

Love the tournament and coverage as well......really fun to watch when you've played the course too!

Oh sure... rub it in Nate!

Read a pretty good article on this tourney the other day. First time in a long time that it will be on network TV. Also, TGC is unvieling some new graphic for driver distance. Landing Zone(?) or something like that.

On the Range should be pretty good tonight with all the new gear in play! Alex Micelli will be all a-lisp about it!

I have always enjoyed watching this one as well. It's a shame that TW and Mickelson don't start their season out with this one (most of the time) but stilll a great field and REAL GOLF is finally back. It seems like it's been a long time!

PS- Tommy Two Gloves for the win!!

Definitely excited to watch - I first got into watching this event in 2010 ever since I always look forward to it. The aerial footage from the little plane flying around Kapalua was amazing last year and I'm sure it will be even better this year...plus, I'm intrigued by this long drive measurement feature GC will have on #18, supposed to be something similar to the yellow 1st down line on TV that will show how far the longest drives travel. I also love the Monday night finish leading right up to the BCS Champ. game!

The 18th hole is fun to watch. Love golf on TV in primetime.

I'll take Keegan Bradley to start off 2013 with a win. Remember, this is a Friday start with a Monday finish for this tournament.

Here are all of the first round tee times, with the times LOCAL to the site of the tournament.

10:35 AM: Rickie Fowler, Jason Dufner
10:45 AM: Matt Kuchar, Webb Simpson
10:55 AM: Keegan Bradley, John Huh
11:05 AM: Ian Poulter, Jonas Blixt
11:15 AM: Marc Leishman, Ted Potter, Jr.
11:25 AM: Kyle Stanley, Scott Stallings
11:35 AM: George McNeill, Ryan Moore
11:45 AM: Ben Curtis, Mark Wilson
11:55 AM: Johnson Wagner, J.J. Henry
12:05 PM: Carl Pettersson, Scott Piercy
12:15 PM: Zach Johnson, Hunter Mahan
12:25 PM: Charlie Beljan, Tommy Gainey
12:35 PM: Bill Haas, Nick Watney
12:45 PM: Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson
12:55 PM: Brandt Snedeker, Steve Stricker

Read a pretty good article on this tourney the other day. First time in a long time that it will be on network TV. Also, TGC is unvieling some new graphic for driver distance. Landing Zone(?) or something like that.

Yes saw this sounds pretty cool, from a tweet from a callaway guy (Harry Arnett) sounds like they are sponsoring it. Getting that X hot message across? Also as Wadesworld said there are a ton more cameras and production trucks. Should be solid GC coverage.

Excited to see the Pro Am. I really enjoy Golf Channel's coverage of the ProAms as they offer some great insight into the pros thought processes on how they play certain shots or their mindset in certain situations.

I predict War Dufner Eagle destroys the field and wins at 24 under.

I predict War Dufner Eagle destroys the field and wins at 24 under.

I hope your right. He was one of my 4 in the GC fantasy game. Others were Sticker, Poulter, and Blixt

based on a golfweek article linked in another thread, I think it's called "driving grid". It supposed to work like that football first down line or something.

I like Dustin Johnson this week

based on a golfweek article linked in another thread, I think it's called "driving grid". It supposed to work like that football first down line or something.

I like Dustin Johnson this week

That's it. Not sure where Landing Zone came from lol.

I hope your right. He was one of my 4 in the GC fantasy game. Others were Sticker, Poulter, and Blixt

I have Snedeker, Kuchar, DJ and Poulter. I am pulling for Kuchar for the win.

Is there a THP Golf Channel Fantasy league or anything?

I'll take Keegan Bradley to start off 2013 with a win. Remember, this is a Friday start with a Monday finish for this tournament.

Here are all of the first round tee times, with the times LOCAL to the site of the tournament.

10:35 AM: Rickie Fowler, Jason Dufner
10:45 AM: Matt Kuchar, Webb Simpson
10:55 AM: Keegan Bradley, John Huh
11:05 AM: Ian Poulter, Jonas Blixt
11:15 AM: Marc Leishman, Ted Potter, Jr.
11:25 AM: Kyle Stanley, Scott Stallings
11:35 AM: George McNeill, Ryan Moore
11:45 AM: Ben Curtis, Mark Wilson
11:55 AM: Johnson Wagner, J.J. Henry
12:05 PM: Carl Pettersson, Scott Piercy
12:15 PM: Zach Johnson, Hunter Mahan
12:25 PM: Charlie Beljan, Tommy Gainey
12:35 PM: Bill Haas, Nick Watney
12:45 PM: Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson
12:55 PM: Brandt Snedeker, Steve Stricker

I would bet on Bradley or Bubba to come out on top with the start of the season.....I love golf as I feel it has such a short off season and I am still awaiting the NHL to start....fingers crossed on that for any other Hockey Fans on here!!

I have Snedeker, Kuchar, DJ and Poulter. I am pulling for Kuchar for the win.

You made me rethink mine. I traded Stricker for DJ and Blixt for Tommy G

I'm thinking Dufner to start the year with a win. Can't wait for this!

Back