2013 THP Invitational Series #1 - Texas - Sponsored By Callaway Golf

Grapevine Muni is one of 3 courses I have played in Dallas. I enjoyed it a lot. Great value course.

G'vine is a great track.

What about Riverside...off of 360? Same side of airport as Tangle Ridge.

I need to check the conditions at Riverside to see if its worth the rate. About the same cost as Grapevine but I think Grapevine is a better course - definitely more difficult with much tougher green complexes.

I need to check the conditions at Riverside to see if its worth the rate. About the same cost as Grapevine but I think Grapevine is a better course - definitely more difficult with much tougher green complexes.
Agree... Grapevine > Riverside

Would Arlington be a good area to look for a hotel?

Likely scenario would be GG and myself rolling into the area on Friday. While we will definitely be doing dinner and drinks with everybody on Saturday night, if you are in the area, we could possibly do a little dinner on Friday as well. Similar to how it was done for those that were in Iowa.

Decatur Illinois

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Works for me. Does the leave Friday and come back after golf on Sunday schedule work for you?

I checked the Homewood Suites rates, and it looks like a suite with 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa is $99 a night.

Last edited:
Cookie, I think Grapevine GC is an excellent spot for the Sunday round. It would be a little different than Tangle Ridge and as we both know a very challenging course. Many people in this area think it's a hidden gem in the DFW area. It backs up to the Cowboys Golf Club and is about $100 cheaper!

$100 cheaper got my attention...

Works for me. Does the leave Friday and come back after golf on Sunday schedule work for you?

I checked the Homewood Suites rates, and it looks like a suite with 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa is $99 a night.

Thatd work I'll have to let u know for certain

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

My reservation is confirmed with GG and my vacation requests for that Friday and Monday are submitted.

Would Arlington be a good area to look for a hotel?

North Arlington would be ok, I have also added some hotel recommendations to the first post in this thread.

North Arlington would be ok, I have also added some hotel recommendations to the first post in this thread.
Around the 6 flags area is a good middle ground. Close to 30 and 360 hwys and Cooper and Collins St. have some good restaurants there. You can stop in to see Jerry's place as well.

Around the 6 flags area is a good middle ground. Close to 30 and 360 hwys and Cooper and Collins St. have some good restaurants there. You can stop in to see Jerry's place as well.

A very cool experience.. The guided tour was pretty awesome

This is where I am probably going to stay. Looking at the Hilton Six Flags. Probably get a room with two queen beds so the second bed would be free to a needy golfer. :) Well - it might cost you a drink.

I'm now booked into the Hilton Six Flags in Arlington. There's room for someone to crash with me as stated in the previous post and I'll have a car so that'll also get you to and from the course and dinner on Saturday. I will probably not attend a Friday dinner as I am most likely meeting a friend that night and due to my flight time I won't be able to play Sunday.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

So in the event that Jesse is unable to make the trip who wants to by my co pilot? Anyone along I-29 is right on the way. Omaha would be a super easy pick up place, KC would work too. Anyone?

So in the event that Jesse is unable to make the trip who wants to by my co pilot? Anyone along I-29 is right on the way. Omaha would be a super easy pick up place, KC would work too. Anyone?
Is there some doubt about JJ now?

Is there some doubt about JJ now?
It's not looking great at this time. He has some very solid reasons and I won't hammer on him for it.

I will say that it sounds like he's coming to the Casa de JakeNation this weekend for some Slammin' Sammy and football. He might just change his mind after 10 or 12 beers with me! Haha.

It's not looking great at this time. He has some very solid reasons and I won't hammer on him for it.

I will say that it sounds like he's coming to the Casa de JakeNation this weekend for some Slammin' Sammy and football. He might just change his mind after 10 or 12 beers with me! Haha.
Now color me intrigued, how did you end up with some Slammin' Sammy in the midwest???

Hey Jeff, turn on channel 9 man.

I got a yes from the wife.

Lol. Sweet. My better half approved a long time ago. Just need to clear it with work and we are Texas bound in March!

This is great, STL Tour Stop representing at the 2013 Invitational kickoff.

Shark - Dont forget to always look for your ball in the fairway first. :banghead:

This is great, STL Tour Stop representing at the 2013 Invitational kickoff.

Shark - Dont forget to always look for your ball in the fairway first. :banghead:

Three freaking feet from the cart tire, I know... I know.

You should catch a ride with Jake so I can redeem myself (or possibly contribute further to your burr collection)

Shark, the rates you found look great to me. I don't mind crashing on a couch, I do it damn near every night. We would just need to organize a rendezvous point in Columbia or something. Work shouldn't be a problem getting off from.

Agree... Grapevine > Riverside

Very true. Just pointing that course out due to easier logistics for those staying in hotels.

We could always point everyone to the GSW $$$game...no pops. :devil:

Very true. Just pointing that course out due to easier logistics for those staying in hotels.

We could always point everyone to the GSW $$$game...no pops. :devil:
LOL....yea, I've heard about those games! I really liked that course by the way.

Back