What would you fill a staff bag with?

wadesworld

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Some lucky MC participants are going to get some staff bags to fill up. Many of us have never had one before.

I'm sure some others have staff bags as well.

It's kind of like buying a bigger house. You're not sure what to do with all that extra space.

As for me, even my stand bag is crammed full of balls, so the only additions I see are extra gloves and perhaps my rain gear, neither of which I carry in my normal stand bag. So I'm probably still going to feel like a bachelor in a 5000-square foot house.

What are you going to fill your staff bag with, or what's in your staff bag that doesn't make the cut for a stand bag?

spare clubs, if i had any spare clubs.

Rain gear, an extra pair of shoes, snacks, drinks, maybe a small medical kit, lots of golf balls, tees, extra gloves, ball markers/divot tools, etc. with that much space and not having to worry about weight, I could think of a lot of stuff to put in a staff bag.

I carried my umbrella in the Staff Bag. Also a jacket. That was all that I normally kept in the bag that I didn't keep in my regular cart bag. Everything else, just more of it.

I do know that I really liked the six way divider. I won't be buying any more 14 way divider bags if I can avoid it.

Balls
GPS
Rangefinder
Extra gloves
Tees
Rain gear
Extra shoes

Obvious Balls, Tees.

Some Rain Gear, Sharpies, Ball Markers, Food and Drinks. And other Miscellaneous stuff.

Good thread wade. Solid question. Can't wait to see some more responses.

Maybe it is just me but mine seemed to fill up fast. I don't tend to travel light when it comes to golf however.

For now ill just say more stuff. But my current bag is overflowing so the extra room will be a welcome addition.

Tapatalking on my iPad 2

My dad and I were just talking about this while watching one of the old tournaments the other day.

I'd have 4-5 gloves. Rain gear depending on the weather. Extra pair of shoes. Maximum allowed balls. (Not sure what it is) Tees, a couple spare divot tools, ball markers, and sharpies. Snacks for sure. Other than that not sure maybe something my caddy wanted? I know I wouldn't be the one lugging that thing around! Lo

I carried my umbrella in the Staff Bag. Also a jacket. That was all that I normally kept in the bag that I didn't keep in my regular cart bag. Everything else, just more of it.

I do know that I really liked the six way divider. I won't be buying any more 14 way divider bags if I can avoid it.
Why do you like th six way divider better?

Why do you like th six way divider better?
Because a lot of the time, I will take three or four clubs with me to places I can't take the cart (other side of the green, or inside the no carts allowed markers) because I don't know what I will need when I get there, and I don't want to have to go back for something else. (I might need a wedge, or I might need something to get under some branches, or anywhere in between)

It's easier for me to put a lot of clubs back in a 6-way divider bag than a 14-way where each club has to go in it's own spot. (Usually I will take clubs all in a row, so I can just drop them into one slot and they are in the right one!

Once I started using my cart bag after the Des Moines Tour Van stop, I realized how much I liked the six-way.

Rain gear, extra gloves, balls, GPS or rangefinder. It's mostly for the rain gear though.

Because a lot of the time, I will take three or four clubs with me to places I can't take the cart (other side of the green, or inside the no carts allowed markers) because I don't know what I will need when I get there, and I don't want to have to go back for something else. (I might need a wedge, or I might need something to get under some branches, or anywhere in between)

It's easier for me to put a lot of clubs back in a 6-way divider bag than a 14-way where each club has to go in it's own spot. (Usually I will take clubs all in a row, so I can just drop them into one slot and they are in the right one!

Once I started using my cart bag after the Des Moines Tour Van stop, I realized how much I liked the six-way.
Yeah that makes since to me. Thanks.

Raingear, extra socks (in case they get wet), 3 or 4 gloves, cold weather gloves, rain gloves, snacks, first aid kit, baggie with sunscreen, bug spray, icy hot, and advil, camera, tripod, Nuun tablets, MIO, GPS, Laser Rangefinder, sharpies, a couple of training aids, extra batteries for camera, and rangefinder, divot tools, sunglasses, balls, tees and a partridge in a pear tree!

By the way there is still room for more.

I just swapped out to a TM Staff Bag and love it. I was using a Sun Mountain C-130 with a 14 slots. I liked the bag alot and it served is purpose but lacked the look I was looking for. I swapped to the staff bag and have fell in love with the 6 way divider. It was simpler and convenient. Def the way to go. My typical bag consists of Balls, various tees, wrench for driver etc:, extra pair socks, mutliple gloves, tape, raingear, cover for bag, little first aid kit with some tylenol and extra pair contacts. Thats bout it..

I travel light so with all the extra space I would put in some more beef jerky and blue diamond almonds

I think a better question for me is, what isn't in my staff bag. If I may ever need it on the course, it's in the bag.

I just swapped out to a TM Staff Bag and love it. I was using a Sun Mountain C-130 with a 14 slots. I liked the bag alot and it served is purpose but lacked the look I was looking for. I swapped to the staff bag and have fell in love with the 6 way divider. It was simpler and convenient. Def the way to go. My typical bag consists of Balls, various tees, wrench for driver etc:, extra pair socks, mutliple gloves, tape, raingear, cover for bag, little first aid kit with some tylenol and extra pair contacts. Thats bout it..

The driver wrench is a good idea. I always seem to lose those suckers, so keeping it in the staff bag should prevent that.

I don't think I put anything extra in mine for the event. Definitely is handy for bringing out extra clubs for testing.

This is what came out of mine. I'm not sure how old those granola bars are :act-up:

IMG_1149.JPG

For now ill just say more stuff. But my current bag is overflowing so the extra room will be a welcome addition.

Raingear, extra socks (in case they get wet), 3 or 4 gloves, cold weather gloves, rain gloves, snacks, first aid kit, baggie with sunscreen, bug spray, icy hot, and advil, camera, tripod, Nuun tablets, MIO, GPS, Laser Rangefinder, sharpies, a couple of training aids, extra batteries for camera, and rangefinder, divot tools, sunglasses, balls, tees and a partridge in a pear tree!
By the way there is still room for more.

I travel light so with all the extra space I would put in some more beef jerky and blue diamond almonds

Blue diamond almonds, for sure! Rain gear would be added, and more food. There was a thread "what's in your bag" or something, and I posted a pic there...this is what I have in my carry bag...and I carry it quite often.

So a staff bag with a lot of space is more than welcome :D

kuvanp.jpg

The same stuff I would put in my other bag. They are large and heavy, so adding stuff just because there is room is brutal. I didnt find myself adding anything because I could. The only place you have added room is the shoe pocket, which I didnt even put my shoes in.

Back