TaylorMade R1 Driver Preview

This seems to me to be actually pretty smart from a manufacturing standpoint as well.

I really do like that head cover and the fact that you can adjust from 8*-12*. I think that could be a great option to have. That being said, I'm glad other companies are producing that as well because I simply think the crown is ugly.

This seems to me to be actually pretty smart from a manufacturing standpoint as well.

I was thinking about that in the shower today. This type of tech - and what we've seen with other companies - has to make that process a little more streamlined.

I was thinking about that in the shower today. This type of tech - and what we've seen with other companies - has to make that process a little more streamlined.

Not to mention that the less popular lofts won't be left taking up space in store inventories

I really do like that head cover and the fact that you can adjust from 8*-12*. I think that could be a great option to have. That being said, I'm glad other companies are producing that as well because I simply think the crown is ugly.

Agreed completely. I think it's THE next step. I'd love to be able to play 10 on windy Oklahoma days and then crank it to 12 other days. It's all about the sound on this one for me.

This thing is pure sick!!! I love the look! I can not wait to hit this. I think its different looking, which I like. Man...Taylormade needs One-T to have one of these.

This thing is pure sick!!! I love the look! I can not wait to hit this. I think its different looking, which I like. Man...Taylormade needs One-T to have one of these.

I actually agree with the wise and powerful One-T. I'm curious.

I ordered mine yesterday. I got fitted with the r11s fubuki alpha, 60 gram so I ordered the R1 with the same shaft. I don't mind the graphics at all. It seems to be a good alignment tool maybe. If the fubuki works for me in the r11 is it a good bet that it will be a good fit with this driver?

haha...Taylormade needs a Jman and One-T testing.

on a for real note...I am sorry but the graphics are awesome. There is no way that this will bother me before I swing. I am itching. This may make my Titleist 913 ponder go away

I ordered mine yesterday. I got fitted with the r11s fubuki alpha, 60 gram so I ordered the R1 with the same shaft. I don't mind the graphics at all. It seems to be a good alignment tool maybe. If the fubuki works for me in the r11 is it a good bet that it will be a good fit with this driver?
booom, thats awesome. I wish I had the nuggets to just order stuff

The heavier feeling shaft intrigues me, I can't stand the superlight feel of some drivers, I lose all sense of where the club is in my backswing. I prefer a meatier feeling swingweight[/FONT][/COLOR]

I agree with you regarding the shaft ( I am sure there is a joke here some where ). When I switched drivers back in late 2011, I tried the R11 and couldn't stand how light the entire club felt. Started hitting the 910 and haven't looked back. Not a knock on TM as I think they make quality products, just the direction their clubs seemed to be heading in, didn't fit me personally.

haha...Taylormade needs a Jman and One-T testing.

on a for real note...I am sorry but the graphics are awesome. There is no way that this will bother me before I swing. I am itching. This may make my Titleist 913 ponder go away

When they say they have a purpose, I actually believe that now. I actually use the graphics on the Adams hybo's the same way, it gets me square to target.

And I DESPISED crown graphics. What is happening to me????!

When they say they have a purpose, I actually believe that now. I actually use the graphics on the Adams hybo's the same way, it gets me square to target.

And I DESPISED crown graphics. What is happening to me????!
its the result of having a sugar momma.

I was never a fan of graphics on the crown, I always said less is more. but, I think this looks awesome.

I don't hate or love the graphics. The tech in loft/lie/CG is intriguing.

For those of you who have hit it. What were the settings at compared to your current gamer? For those who shots to the right do you think that the softer middle shaft or the stiffer tip was the cause?

Cool presentation box for the R1 just arrived at THP.

8abu3uja.jpg

Now that's sweet.

My only real issue with TM is only one shaft offering stock. I love how Titleist offers 4 stock shafts in the 913. Gives more of a choice without paying threw the roof custom charges.

That's pretty sweet looking.

Part of it is the TM homer in me going back a couple of years, but I want to hit this driver as well. I really like my Razr Fit right now, but I also like testing out new things.

man, that box is awesome. I want this more now

Sweet box. Love this driver so far.

Back