TaylorMade RocketBallz RBZ Stage 2 Fairway Woods & Rescues Preview Thread

Reading up on these clubs this morning, I like the changes that they have made to the Stage 2, making them a lower profile than the original RBZ which should make them easier to hit off of the deck. I have an RBZ Tour 3 wood that is a bomber off of the tee but really hard to hit off of the deck. The T3HL is really intriguing to me in this version. All of that said, the price is stupid high and I would probably wait a good bit of the year until the price came down or I could get a used club. I do want to hit this off of the deck at some point though.

I had a chance to hit the hybrid.
Not a fan of the racing stripes on it.
Nice setup, a heavy feel to it, ball feels hot off of the face. My miss was out to the right, but you have to take it for what it is worth as that is always my miss. I do want to try the 3 wood sometime in the near future.

That's one thing I noticed about the original RBZ hybrid and didn't like. I'll have to see if this one makes me feel the same.

They yellow is better than the green for me.

The original RBZ Fairway is the best 3 wood i've ever played. Can't imagine how they could possibly improve it. Won't be swapping mine out of a new one any time soon, but these look like fantastic sticks.

The R1 doesn't intrest me, but these do. I hate the crown graphics, but I have a feeling the performance will be there to offset that.

I got a chance to put a few swings on this hybrid over the weekend, as well. Having long been a fan of TM hybrids, this one certainly did it for me. It looks round, but seemed to have more of a square look to it in person. Reminded me of my older, TM Rescue Mid shape, and one that I really liked. I saw a nice high ball flight out of it, and distance was on par with what I expect out of a 3h. I liked to looks, the grey/yellow scheme wasnt as loud in person as it looks in the pictures.

I'll for sure be trying the demos of these when my home club gets them. Love the original RBZ fwys and hybrids in my bag. Won't likely be in the market to buy for at least a year or so.

I'm liking the fairway woods but being that I have the OG RBZ's these will not be on my list.

I'll be in the market for a new hybrid this year, and these sound great. The lower profile sounds exactly like what I'm looking for and the crown actually looks cool to me, especially if it helps with alignment.

I must be the only person to have not hit the original RBZ. I probably need to remedy that ASAP. After hearing everyone rave about it this past year, it is on my list for sure.

This club intrigues me, especially after the individual success I had with the Stage 1.

I like the colors of it. Not sold on the crown graphics, but I could get over that if this thing performed. Hope the FW doesn't launch as low as the RBZ did for me.

I must be the only person to have not hit the original RBZ. I probably need to remedy that ASAP. After hearing everyone rave about it this past year, it is on my list for sure.

Your not. I have still yet to hit a rbz fairway or hybrid. Awesome reviews just haven't found one to snag.

I don't believe the hype on this one. I bomb my R9 3w, crush my new R11s 3w and could never hit the RBZ 3w to save my life. I would have to see the data comparing the 3 clubs from the robot testing to buy into the 10 more yds further then the RBZ and 27 more yds over ther R9 claim. I want to see how much further it is for the average players ball speed, if it is any further at all.

I'll give these a demo but the graphics are putting me off.

color me beautiful but I love the crown. Its different and the colors appeal to me

The crown graphics arent as terrible as the R1, but it still screams "LOOK AT ME". I have never hit a Taylor Made club I loved, so I guess I am not the target market.

As for 10 yards in addition to 17? At what point does this all become laughable?

I'm not liking the crown at all. Way too busy for my liking.

You are not the only one. Though, I did get an RBZ hybrid for Christmas that I plan to put to the test as soon as the weather cooperates.

Reading up on these clubs this morning, I like the changes that they have made to the Stage 2, making them a lower profile than the original RBZ which should make them easier to hit off of the deck. I have an RBZ Tour 3 wood that is a bomber off of the tee but really hard to hit off of the deck. The T3HL is really intriguing to me in this version. All of that said, the price is stupid high and I would probably wait a good bit of the year until the price came down or I could get a used club. I do want to hit this off of the deck at some point though.

This was my only complaint with the original RBZ. Wasn't impossible but it took quite a bit of getting used to and caused some trepidation when standing over the ball. If this thing is only as long as last years, yet easier to hit off the deck, I think they have a winner. Cost on these is always ridiculous though. $250 with an OEM shaft... Really?

I will most likly get the Tour 3W as i can not hit my current 3W of the deck but i can bomb it of the tee

Does anyone know the standard lofts on the hybrids as well as the tour hybrids for these?
I should have said rescues as TM likes that nomenclature

Does anyone know the standard lofts on the hybrids as well as the tour hybrids for these?

19/22/25/28 on the standard and 16.5/18.5/20.5/23.5 on the tour & tour TP. All of the clubs are live on the TM website.

I havent also but may sell my burner 2.0 3w to fund an original RBZ as they will be cheap as chips once this bad boy goes to market.

From a non-golfer point of view, I think the graphics look kinda cool.... But as a golfer, I just don't want to be looking at all that distracting artwork at address. IMO

I absolutely love my RBZ Tour 3, not sure how they can improve on it much, but the talk of it being easier to hit off the deck is intriguing...

The look of the club would take some getting used to, but I'd game it if it was the best for my game. Looking forward to the Outing now for sure!

Back