What shot will most likely blow up your round?

Either missing a drive with a quick hook to the left, or the dreaded sh***. I have no confidence in my game after either of those shots.

Ary I can agree about the sh**** dude. Really mess with my head

Of course it's penalty shots for me. I miss equally left and right so it's hard to play a 2 way miss. However, I'm gonna say it's a 3 putt that ruins my round. Makes me mad and my swing goes to hell. My round is screwed unless I hit a really good shot to forget about it.

I gotta say if I miss a couple of short putts early, things can start getting ugly. There's nothing worse than standing over a 3 foot putt with zero confidence. Missing greens entirely from the fairway inside of 110 yards is another.

The double cross. I know I am going to have some bad shots, but when you aim for a fade that turns into a hook, it ain't good.

Driver OB, or a pull hook flub driver.

Drives me nuts!

Good Luck #DreamTeam! #beatzoocrew
#Imwithharry
First official '15 Morgan Cup hopeful!

For me it's the easy approach from a little bit longer grass, where I (stupidly) decide now would be a good time to play my 58° wedge.... I'll slide the club face right under the ball sending it nowhere, that's usually followed by clubbing up and overshooting the green in order to compensate.

For me its when my short game dissappears.....if I blade or thin a couple of chips or chunk a couple I just lose all confidence in it and never seem to recover....it gets aggrivating being 10 yards off the green in regulation and walking away with doubles and triples.

For me it's when I shank one with a wedge. I instantly become absolutely horrified and lose any and all confidence over the ball with any club. I lean heavily on my wedge game and when it goes to crap I might as well just stay home.

I would have to say any miss left, it just doesn't happen very often and then it messes with my fragile psyche.

For me it's a short pitch/chip (15 yds & in) from a tight lie....I tend to thin the shot and destroying my confidence for that hole. I usually let it go by the next hole, but the damage is done.

iPhone 5 Tappin

For me it's always a tee shot out of bounds that starts a blow up. Especially on a par 5. This last weekend it was getting in a bunker that was basically just a bit of loose dirt on hard mud, not sure how to play a shot on that sort of ground yet so it took me a bit to get out.

Pulling an iron far left on a par 3! Ticks me off b/c irons are usually reliable.
And sometimes OB right with driver.

Push fading my driver. I have a love/hate relationship with her. When she behaves I dont miss the fairway with a straight to baby fade shot. When she gets ornery I cant put it in play.

So if on hole one I pull driver and it is right going right I should just keep it in the bag.

I start off each and every round with the excitement and confidence that the upcoming 18 holes are going to be joyous if not magical. A round of a lifetime. That round where birdies are frequent and pars are easy.

Then reality usually sets in.

What shot is the most daunting? It just depends on the day.

i think of golf in four phases: driving, iron play, hybrids, and short game. I can usually count on two phases working. It is those darn other two phases that cause my bad shots!!

Either an OB tee ball on a tough hole, or if I mishit a club that is usually a money club (hybrids, short irons). If I start hitting my best clubs poorly, for some reason it just throws me for a loop, even if I'm hitting other stuff well, just because it forces me to change my game plan entirely.

My blow up is usually drive that is dead pull right OB. My home course has two holes bordered by a street to the left. When I'm shakey off the tee, I'll inevitably pull, hook or the dreaded pull+hook combo of goodness and bounce one down the street, and cringe waiting for the screech of tires.

It has been tee shots but lately two chipping around the greens and out of bunkers has been killing my scores.

All of them, lol. I don't have a particular shot that ruins a round. I am very bad at compounding mistakes. One big number is normally enough to mess up my score.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Pull/hook Driver into the lumber yard

2 shots seemingly always get me:

1) Any par 5 where I'm either protecting a score (slow the swing down and hook it) or really go at it (upper body gets left behind and face is wide open). Anything in between is no problem lol

2) Any closing hole (16-18) where there is a windy par 3 over water, all carry. I have a knack for always having honors on that hole and am the guinea pig. More times than not, I guess wrong.

Getting stuck with the driver and hitting the 50+ yard push fade. It is a nightmare when I can feel it on the way down and it is too late to stop or reroute.

one swing/shot does not blow up my round, but it seems after each round I can pinpoint 2-3 bad swings & they are usually from lack of concentration/just stepping up & hitting

The voices in my head.....

And a blocked tee shot.

Snap hook. When that happens, I'll always tend to overcompensate and end up with a weak slice. Just throws me out of rhythm the whole round.

Back