Anyone know about Sub 70?

mrmcgovs

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone heard of and more importantly own any apparel from Sub 70? I just heard of them today and checked out their website. Their sale prices are really reasonable and was interested in buying a pair of slacks or two but wanted to see if anyone had some first hand knowledge.

www.sub70usa.com

Thanks for the help in advance.

I've looked at their stuff before. It's not bad stuff, but for the price, I think there's much better stuff on the market.

Awesome thanks. I tried to search but nothing came up. Appreciate it.

Awesome thanks. I tried to search but nothing came up. Appreciate it.

Doing searches on Google helps. Type in "the hackers paradise + whatever you're looking for"

Interesting, I hadn't heard of them before. I'm browsing their site now.

Pretty good sale they have going on, just ordered a shirt. For $22.50 it was worth a shot.

They definitely have some good prices. I have been searching for pants in my size all over the place (30x32) and keep coming up empty. Sub70 had some for $28.50 so I ordered a grey pair and a black pair. Looking forward to seeing how they fit!

They definitely have some good prices. I have been searching for pants in my size all over the place (30x32) and keep coming up empty. Sub70 had some for $28.50 so I ordered a grey pair and a black pair. Looking forward to seeing how they fit!

Will be interested in seeing your thoughts on these Cookie, I wanted to order some of their pants as I like some of their patterns, but have resisted due to possible QC or durablity issues.

Cool, I'm interested to see what you think.

Will definitely let you guys know. Should be here mid next week at the latest.

Ordered two pair as well, one in their Issac line and one in their new Noah Grey Mini Plaid. Will let you all know how they are.

Ordered two pair as well, one in their Issac line and one in their new Noah Grey Mini Plaid. Will let you all know how they are.

I have a lot of their stuff. Regular prices don't line up with the quality, but with 70% off it's hard to complain. I will say that you should order a size bigger in shirts and waist size, their stuff fits tight!

Just check out there site.... got some good looking appearl in their sale & clearence section.

Well, I just had a package arrive from Sub70, but have a little story to share first.

1/2: Prompted by this thread and being one of the only retailers I could find 30x32 golf pants in stock, I placed an order for a grey and black pair.
1/9: Still have received nothing about order being shipped, etc so I email them for an update. Get a reply within an hour apologizing and saying they would look into it.
1/10: Allow 24 hours to pass and still nothing. Email again and get a reply a few hours later from Chris (co-owner) asking if he could call me that afternoon to discuss. I immediately reply and say sure.
1/11: Did not get a call on the 10th, so I email again. About 4 hours pass by and Chris calls me informing that they no longer have the grey pair in stock and they have experienced some system issues post New Years day. He asks if they can swap a 2013 line pair at no cost to me, I said that was fine. Informed him that I learned of them through THP and was planning on providing some feedback about their apparel to my fellow forum members. He asked if he could also send me a shirt as he was curious what I thought of the fit and that I could either call or email him with my thoughts.

Have not tried anything on yet but here is what arrived. The black pants are different styles & material but I would be lying if I did not admit that I thought I would still be getting 2 different pant colors based on my original order (perhaps a grey from the 2013 line since they were out of the 2012 styles). Oh well, not that big of a deal as I enjoy wearing black. Shirt is pretty nice, and it is one of my favorite colors. All in all, 2 pairs of golf pants in a tough to find size and a nice shirt for $67 shipped.

More to come as I get this gear on the course!

AA834A5C-30C6-4A26-963C-982BBAEACCFB-17839-000007FBC5ABA4B6.jpg

Thanks for the update. I really hope these are good quality because it seems like there are some problems with the customer service department.
I am glad that you've got a shirt to go along with that, but having problems and giving away merchandise to cover it doesn't seem like a solid business plan. That being said, maybe this doesn't happen very often and you are just the "lucky" one to experience the problems first hand.

Thanks for the update. I really hope these are good quality because it seems like there are some problems with the customer service department.
I am glad that you've got a shirt to go along with that, but having problems and giving away merchandise to cover it doesn't seem like a solid business plan. That being said, maybe this doesn't happen very often and you are just the "lucky" one to experience the problems first hand.

Got to say I agree with that. While nice of them to send a shirt to try out, sounds as if they are lacking a little in the customer support side. Maybe an isolated incident. I think a couple of other ordered from there as well, be interesting see how their customer experience went.

Sadly the brand has been having some of these issues going on 4 years now based on reader response to us. We had quality issues at the beginning big time with them. Then they short term seemed to fix that. Long term, still not sure. I like the guys behind the brand. They are good dudes we have known for near 5 years now, but that does not change the issues that are still plaguing them and they are the same issues that have been there since the beginning.

I got my order after about five days if I remember correctly, no tracking email ever showed up. I wish I would have ordered two sizes bigger on the shirt, I usually wear a medium in the major brands, Adidas, Nike, etc. so I ordered a large figuring it would be perfect. Not so much, it is pretty tight, especially in the arms which is tough to do. I don't know if I could wear it for golf.

On a side note I added a hat to my order because it was only $5 and it seems pretty nice. I got it for work because they had navy blue so I will see how it performs.

Sadly the brand has been having some of these issues going on 4 years now based on reader response to us. We had quality issues at the beginning big time with them. Then they short term seemed to fix that. Long term, still not sure. I like the guys behind the brand. They are good dudes we have known for near 5 years now, but that does not change the issues that are still plaguing them and they are the same issues that have been there since the beginning.

I don't understand business that have that many problems. That's a long time to be experiencing the same issues. I hope the cloths are if a decent quality after all cookie went through

I agree with what has been said about the customer service. I put my story above while trying to leave out my personal feelings about it. In today's tough market, quality customer service goes a long ways.

Regarding the quality of the product, from what I can tell so far everything looks good. Now, I have not tried all of the other brands in this price range (Lindenberg, TM, Sligo, etc) so I am basing my thoughts against Adidas, Puma, Callaway, etc.

They are definitely a "Euro" fit without a doubt but this is the first brand that fits ME really well. I am a thin guy and tend to have a bunch of bagginess in the shirt or pants and that is not the case with this brand.

Below is a photo of me trying it on last night. I am 5'9" - 5'10" and low 150's on the scale. Pants are 30x32 and shirt is a medium.

423E1F92-00D3-4485-B1A9-EC6DB80ED844-18160-00000849D7D61897.jpg

I've got a couple of sub 70 pieces and I'm a big fan. I think I read a review here that said quality was sub standard. Not a view I share based on my experiences. I have a pair of their Claude tartans which are quite frankly awesome. My regular partners still comment on them when I stick em on. I like their Stoney belts too, but they've stopped making them for some reason. One thing I will say about the trousers is they size up a little on the large side in the waist.

Tapped via tapatalk

Back