2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could just imagine. Heck when I was at the Ohio Tour stop I felt a few butterflies... And promptly started spraying my driver lol. It's going to be fun to watch. Maybe a camera set up along the first fairway to capture thoughts of how that felt for the viewers out there would be cool

That's a pretty cool idea. I like the way your thinking!

Just now, was messing around with it this morning. Thanks bro!

I would rather be one of the earlier groups as well, otherwise the nervousness continues to build. I'd like to just do it ans get it over with. Plus I want as many people as possible see me crush it down the middle of the fairway :)

I love having a gallery and an audience hahaha

I love having a gallery and an audience hahaha

I think it's why I fell apart on 18 at true blue up one to biggsy. Those guys watching you come in. It's nerve racking.

Amphibians can tapatalk!

I think it's why I fell apart on 18 at true blue up one to biggsy. Those guys watching you come in. It's nerve racking.

Amphibians can tapatalk!

It is just all your friends hoping you succeed. Even if that isn't true or the case, that is how I like to picture it haha

I am not sure how I will address the nerves on the first tee ( or throughout the rounds for that matter ) I know I am going to get myself to the best possible place with my golf game and try to just go have fun. I think alot of it also will come down to who I am playing with/against in each of the rounds.

I am not sure how I will address the nerves on the first tee ( or throughout the rounds for that matter ) I know I am going to get myself to the best possible place with my golf game and try to just go have fun. I think alot of it also will come down to who I am playing with/against in each of the rounds.

While it is a new experience, it is still golf. It is still the game that we all love. It is still around all of your friends. And when you crush one down the middle, everyone claps haha

While it is a new experience, it is still golf. It is still the game that we all love. It is still around all of your friends. And when you crush one down the middle, everyone claps haha

Totally agree, I will be working on the crushing down the middle. MIddle is good, crushing, I am not sure about that one. Unless we are measuring in "internet golfer measurements", then it'll be a good 320!!!

The cameras didn't bother you, in fact I forgot they were even filming several times.....the first tee problem is 30+ people standing there watching you, then GG rattling off your introduction like it's a Comedy Central Roast with everybody giggling at her comments...then you have to bend over put a tee in the ground and make something that resembles a golf swing!

This is going to be something I really look forward to!

Do any of you plan on playing in any competitive situations; local tournaments, golf leagues, etc; to familiarize yourselves with the adrenaline that will come once the MC is underway?

As the amount of rounds I can play seems to be less than last year, I'm going to play a Finnish amateur Tour, AudiTour. It's a nationwide tour with 8 tournaments, and the HCP limit is 12.4. The best guys playing are club pro's, and semi-pro players. No cash prizes, but it's a quite competitive tour, and the level of golf is quite high. I don't have a tour card, so I have to be early in every events sign-up. (Tour cards are given to three categories, with the tour winners, event winners and last years top 25). It's not too expensive to play, usually equal or less than a normal green fee on some courses. Format is stroke play (scratch).

Anybody that can tee off on the 1st tee of the Morgan Cup and NOT feel nerves might want to check into a clinic. It gets easier for many from there, but the 1st tee is filled with nerves.

I will definitely feel the nerves, but the worst thing could happen is that I hit the ball and it goes backwards. But it's ok, you guys will be there to stop it :D

That's a good point Chunky.

To everyone else: would you rather be the first group to tee off in front of EVERYONE, or would you rather feel those jitters a little longer but tee of later in front of fewer people?

I would most definitely be hitting in the first group going out, second favorite would be the last.

I love the 1st tee Saturday AM at the Morgan Cup. There are very few situations you will ever face on the course that are like that. You have 30+ sets of eyes on you, plus the camera. Morgan rattles of names that make you chuckle and think to yourself "This is it, don't mess up." Then all of a sudden you hear your name. You put the peg in the ground, go through your routine, stand over the ball. Think to yourself "Am I ready?" Well you better be. A few seconds later, just like that the moment is over. Feel free to exhale.

For Past MC Participants I have a budgeting question.

Can you give me some insight on rough numbers on what you spent on the trip?
I guess I'm mainly looking for lodging costs per night, because I can pull the course rates for practice rounds of their website.

The budget is a little tighter in 2013 so I'm starting to put money back for July already and would like to have a goal amount to have saved.

Thanks!

I love the 1st tee Saturday AM at the Morgan Cup. There are very few situations you will ever face on the course that are like that. You have 30+ sets of eyes on you, plus the camera. Morgan rattles of names that make you chuckle and think to yourself "This is it, don't mess up." Then all of a sudden you hear your name. You put the peg in the ground, go through your routine, stand over the ball. Think to yourself "Am I ready?" Well you better be. A few seconds later, just like that the moment is over. Feel free to exhale.

Dean, you looked calm in the video lol..... Even the fist bump after you hit looked normal....nothing was rolling down your legs anyway.

I guess I'm mainly looking for lodging costs per night, because I can pull the course rates for practice rounds of their website.

The budget is a little tighter in 2013 so I'm starting to put money back for July already and would like to have a goal amount to have saved.

Thanks!

If memory serves me correct we paid $110 per night so that was devided between the people in the condo. I could be wrong on that now to.

Just get up there, breathe, rip one down the middle and give a little twirl of the club, pick up the tee and don't worry about where it went...someone will tell you.

Just focus on what your doing and not whats going on around you. You'll be just fine buddy

Thanks!

I thought I recalled singles paying $40-$60 per night or so for lodging, could be wrong though

If memory serves me correct we paid $110 per night so that was devided between the people in the condo. I could be wrong on that now to.

Looks like I'm heading there by my self, family will be staying at home. So I'm ready to get some roomies!

That's a good point Chunky.

To everyone else: would you rather be the first group to tee off in front of EVERYONE, or would you rather feel those jitters a little longer but tee of later in front of fewer people?

The way I look at it is in a group that large, SOMEONE has to shank it. If it ends up being me, then so be it. So I really don't worry about the pressure.

Looks like I'm heading there by my self, family will be staying at home. So I'm ready to get some roomies!

You get more time for drinking and eating deep fried hot dogs without the family being there haha

Oh don't forget the late night par 3 course

You get more time for drinking and eating deep fried hot dogs without the family being there haha

Oh don't forget the late night par 3 course

I haven't heard about this one!

I haven't heard about this one!

Some the guys went to a par 3 course near by last year. I wasn't there but i've heard stories about it being great fun

Sounds like a solid plan Castor. They have a local tour for players who are registered at an 8 hcp or lower. I'm hoping to shave a few strokes and play a few tourneys pre MC.

Thanks!

Another thing to keep in mind is we get a special rate for our rounds, I think we paid $55 per round last year with cart, so the rates on the site
Will be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back