Shattered iPhone screen

cg13

Addict
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 13.3
Dropped my iPhone in new York screens shattered but operable.

Anyone heard any good excuses I can sell them to get them to replace it?

It's really bad tho- not just one spider but the whole screen.

If it is still working, then it is most likely just the outer screen. You can look online and fix it yourself pretty cheap, or take it back to apple for about $100.

Do you have apple care? I you do, they will do a one time replacement. if you do not have Apple care, and your phone is less than a year old, bu it and wait a few weeks then take in for replacement.

Can you not take it to a third party phone shop? Over here a replacement iPhone screen is no more than £25 fitted

If apple won't fix it search google/craigslist you can get it fixed for much much cheaper

Tap tap taparoo

Another reason I'm glad I waited until Verizon released the iPhone. I was able to get insurance.

Taaaaap-a-talk....tap tap taaap-a-talk....give it a little tap-a-rooonie...

Another reason I'm glad I waited until Verizon released the iPhone. I was able to get insurance.

Amen. Bought it first thing although I try to take care of it as good as I can you just never know what might happen.

I always thought that since these were forged by the hands of jeebus himself, that if cracked, the automatically fixed themselves.

I always thought that since these were forged by the hands of jeebus himself, that if cracked, the automatically fixed themselves.

Nah, only Cameron Christ has that ability. Jobs Jeebus's tears repel computer viruses.

AT&T offers insurance on the heysoos phone now. Or will very shortly.

Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved

LOL...

I'm not an Apple fan at all but since having a phone break sucks here's my 2cents.

Go on ebay and get a screen replacement. Then go on google and look up videos on how to do it. It is not very difficult.

This is assuming of course it's only the screen that is the problem. If the phone still works and so does some of the touch then you should be good.

Another option I didnt see posted. Did you purchase with an amex? If so, you can utilize their purchase protection program. It's a benefit on most of their cards (including Costco AMEX, which is free)!

Obviously if Apple takes care of you that would be best. Gluck!

CG...I did the very same thing. AT&T wouldn't help and the apple store wanted $180.00 plus my phone for a day. Found a local guy near a local college campus that fixed it while I waited for $99.00. Then I went out and purchased an otter box defender case!!!

Back