Cleaning Winn grips?

fastbasser

Reaction score
Handicap
Is there a preferred way to clean Winn grips. I was advised by one person NOT to use Gripe cleaner on them..

I clean mine with Gripes (have Winn on 3 drivers) and it has been absolutely great.

Thanks JB... With these grips being expensive and worth it, I didn't want to ruin them.. Mine are the Dri Taks.. Best I have ever used!

I clean mine with Gripes (have Winn on 3 drivers) and it has been absolutely great.

JB this brings up a question. Is there any type of grips or compound type people should avoid using Gripes on?

JB this brings up a question. Is there any type of grips or compound type people should avoid using Gripes on?

I honestly don't know. I have tried them with 4-5 styles and they work great. I would say exotic putter grips might be something I would avoid as well as real leather. However for those I would recommend only certain cleaners if anything at all.

I could only think of leather

I know this is going to be a little odd but ever since my son was born I've been using baby wipes to clean everything. once they took the ball washers down for the winter , I used them to clean my golf balls. I just re-gripped all my clubs with Winn DriTac's and I used baby wipes to clean off the solvent that got on the grip & it worked just fine. you can get a lot for cheap also, I just picked up 500 for $8.99

Here is the best way to clean winn grips

[h=3]What is the best way to clean a Winn grip?[/h]To clean a Winn grip, apply a small amount of water to a soft towel, and gently rub the grips. Do not saturate the towel. Never use a brush and soapy water to clean a Winn grip because it may damage the top surface and destroy the tackiness and slip-resistance of the grip. Do NOT immerse Winn grips in water to clean them. This will saturate the underlying layer of the grip and may ruin the grip.

Straight from their FAQ page!!

Thanks for the assist guys!

Wish I could find gripes here

They just got them at Edwin Watts here in Ocala..

I've used Gripes on them a number of times without any issues. The putter grips at least.

Posted via tapatalk.

Rubbing alcohol on a paper towel works for me. Be careful not to over-saturate. Let the grips air dry.

Rubbing alcohol on a paper towel works for me. Be careful not to over-saturate. Let the grips air dry.

I would think that would dry them out faster based on my experience with alcohol

yea no alcohol ....not on the winn grips he is talking about especially!

Back