You got a hole in one?

Big Sky77

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello all,
Just thought it would be fun to find the highest handicapper to have made a hole in one! ( not to make fun but to show there is hope for everyone). Right now I'm currently a 20 handi, but last year I was a 30+ and had my first hole in one on a short par 4.

Congrats on the ace. We have an extensive thread dedicated to the elusive hole in one. Again congrats

Not even close for me. I do a cartwheel when I hit a GIR on a par 3.

I got one when I was 11 after golfing for about 8 months. Hit a 6-iron from 105. Haven't sniffed one in the 13 years since.

I could be one of the lowest to NOT have one.

Hello all,
Just thought it would be fun to find the highest handicapper to have made a hole in one! ( not to make fun but to show there is hope for everyone). Right now I'm currently a 20 handi, but last year I was a 30+ and had my first hole in one on a short par 4.

Wow, on a par 4. Thats awesome. Congrats. I'm still chasing the dream.

never had one, furthest i ever holed out was an approach from 60 yards and then of course a few more as we in move closer. Did once put a par3 from 150 about a half inch from the lip but truth is i dont even think about an ace. If it happens it happens. But congratz to all who have one.

Hello all,

Beats mine... which was also on a short Par 4, but as a 22 handicap 3 months after my first game of golf.

I have one. 148yd par 3, pin tucked in the front guarded by a bunker and probably 10 paces on. I hit the tee shot and looked like it landed in the bunker. Never saw it go in. Got up to the green looking for my ball & my buddy told me it's in the cup.

iPhone 5 Tappin

It was a really short par 4, measured at 290 yards. From where we were, we could only see the ball heading for the stick and the people on the next tee box explained to us what they saw, we couldn't belive it!

I've played golf for over 20 years and been down to a +handicap and have never had one :disapointed:
I've come close on so many occasions, I've hit the flag, lipped out, sat right on the edge without falling but never got one to drop. I've also never seen one happen in any group I've played in. I used to actively try and get the ball in the hole but gave that up and nowadays I think to myself, if it happens it'd be cool but I'm not going to beat myself up over it.
Congrats on yours by the way!

I've went up to the green to find my ball on the " dead circle" where the hole was a few days/a week ago.

That's as close as I've ever been. It does tell me it is possible.

Jackal

I have had 3 career Hole in One's...but none since I was in my late teens....I am overdue :D

None here in 37 years of playing. I've hit the pin countless times, taken chunks out of the edge of the hole etc etc but none in the hole. I've been witness to more than I can count, but none the less I'm at ZERO!

I had one when I was 14, think I was playing off about 18 then, I've hit the flag three times this year on par 3s, so hopefully next year I can convert one of them to another one :)

Not even close for me. I do a cartwheel when I hit a GIR on a par 3.

Seriously this. 150 out in the fairway, 50% chance I'm gonna GIR. 150 out on the tee box, 98% chance I'm gonna shank it, top it, hit it fat, hook it into a tree so it comes back and actually ends up behind me, something.

Par 3's are my Kryptonite. I came within 3 feet once for my first birdie on a par 3 but typically, I'm so far off the mark it's pitiful

55th round 28.4 handicap when I got mine.

Not a hole in one, but yesterday off a 168yd par 3 bounced it about a foot high off the pin. After it hit the flag it now became a hope for par.......... from the sand:at-wits-end:

I witnessed one last weekend. My buddy (30 yrs old, 4 HC) got his first one ever. Par 3, 178 out. It was cool to see. Never had one, myself.

Still searching for mine...been playing this game for over 10 years.

I've played over 30 years worth, have been as low as 7 hc twice in my life and have only had one, that didn't even count. Yet, my mother, now 83 years old has had 5, go figure!

I started playing 3 years ago. This was the first summer I played pretty much everyday...easy to become obsessed. I had 1 and half holes in one this summer, playing at probably a 14 handicap (i am below 10 now).

1st one was a 154 pw. The half one came not too long ago. We were playing on a course that closed, but they take one of the hole locations on each green, dig out the dirt, insert a cup (usually an old can on something) and then stick a small tree twig out of the cup. Well, I aced one of these par 3's, got up there and the ball was right in the man made hole. So, I don't count it as a full one, because a real cup wasn't in, but it did go in the cup that was there. So a half seemed fair.

Back