Trappers Turn WI Dells

Baldcopper

Reaction score
Handicap
Day to day
Just wondering of the 36 holes, which ones are the better combo to play as I only have time for 18.

Thanks,

I would do Lake and Arbor, I'm not a big fan of the canyon course, especial after rain, it takes a long time to dry out. What time of the year are you going?

Definitely the Lake is the best 9 holes out there. I think both the Arbor and the Canyon course stay pretty wet, at least the times I've played there they were and both times were in the middle of stifling heat/drought conditions so maybe they were over-watering to keep the course alive. Personally I didn't care for either of those 9 but if I had to choose I'd take the Arbor over the Canyon. Quite frankly, for the green fees I was expecting a bit more from that course. Actually, if picking a course in Wisconsin Dells I'd recommend Wild Rock over Trappers Turn big time. It is just a great, great golf course. Second choice is I'd drive up the road a bit and play The Castle Course at Northern Bay Resort that has some replica holes from Augusta, Sawgrass, Oakmont, Firestone, Bay Hill, and Oakland Hills. The non-replica holes are good too.

Lake and Canyon IMO. Fun courses. Played em on a family trip two years ago.

Yea, it's a 3 day trip and we are also hitting Wild Rock and the Castle Course.

Definitely the Lake is the best 9 holes out there. I think both the Arbor and the Canyon course stay pretty wet, at least the times I've played there they were and both times were in the middle of stifling heat/drought conditions so maybe they were over-watering to keep the course alive. Personally I didn't care for either of those 9 but if I had to choose I'd take the Arbor over the Canyon. Quite frankly, for the green fees I was expecting a bit more from that course. Actually, if picking a course in Wisconsin Dells I'd recommend Wild Rock over Trappers Turn big time. It is just a great, great golf course. Second choice is I'd drive up the road a bit and play The Castle Course at Northern Bay Resort that has some replica holes from Augusta, Sawgrass, Oakmont, Firestone, Bay Hill, and Oakland Hills. The non-replica holes are good too.

Yea, it's a 3 day trip and we are also hitting Wild Rock and the Castle Course.

Then you are doing it up right. Those are the three that we play each year when we take the kids to the Dells in the summer. Enjoy.

Back