2013 Small Business Saturday - #ShopSmall

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
While a ton of attention gets paid to Black Friday and lately to Cyber Monday, a lot of cities across the country are really pushing "Small Business Saturday." Shopping local and small businesses are a great way to support your communities and those places that are locally owned and operated.

If you are out and about this weekend, check out some of your local restaurants and shops and see what they have to offer. A lot of small businesses can't compete with the big box stores discounts if Black Friday, but do an awesome job of having some sales and deals on Small Business Saturday.

While a ton of attention gets paid to Black Friday and lately to Cyber Monday, a lot of cities across the country are really pushing "Small Business Saturday." Shopping local and small businesses are a great way to support your communities and those places that are locally owned and operated.

If you are out and about this weekend, check out some of your local restaurants and shops and see what they have to offer. A lot of small businesses can't compete with the big box stores discounts if Black Friday, but do an awesome job of having some sales and deals on Small Business Saturday.

Absolutely buddy. My wife and I make it a point to show our support every year. Going out to breakfast in the morning then doing some shopping locally tomorrow.

Really really agree with this. Will be sure to hit up the new local toy shop that has really impressed us with their specialized products and great service.

As I get a little older, I find myself trying to shop a lot at he smaller "mom and pop" type stores. Prices may not be as low as the big box stores, but the service generally makes up for the little more you will spend and in this day and age I think a lot more people are looking more at we I e than price compared to several years back. I will be working tomorrow so will not get to do any of the small business Saturday but try to do it as much as possible.

Big thanks to Ryan for posting this, it's always good to make a point to patronize local businesses, it's not always about restaurants, there are hundreds of local retailers that can help you out, sometimes it just takes a bit of time to find them.

Case in point, there is a local mac shop, they sell apple computers and accessories as well as working on them, there isn't an apple store in my town so having them local is awesome, fast forward quite a few years later and best buy is actually putting a location in right next to them, they must have picked the location right!

I love utilizing them for all our company computer needs and when we need something fixed they are always there!

Just grabbed a bunch of t-shirts from Homage, a small but awesome Columbus based shirt company.

Glad to make a small mark on SBS.

Just grabbed a bunch of t-shirts from Homage, a small but awesome Columbus based shirt company.

Glad to make a small mark on SBS.

LOVE Homage. You pick up some "Surf Ohio" t shirts?

We always go out on small business Saturday, it helps that American Express gives you a $10 statement credit if you have registered your card.

I'm trying to buy a bike from a small business I know but he isn't helping me out.

I bought a head cover from a local shop here i n Houston. Back 9 is great and this year outfitted the Solheim Cup participants with custom headcovers. I threw up a 30% off code in the Deal of the Day thread....

Tapping away on my iPhone

Back