Draw vs Fade- What is your Go-To shot?

Draw. As long as I don't swing too hard.

This brings up an interesting point/question: So many of us players are looking for more distance. We want to hit our drivers further. We want to hit that 5 iron further. We come on here and post about not hitting it as long as we want. The draw, in theory, produces a longer ball flight.

Should players looking to hit the ball further start working on hitting a draw?

I guess the preferred game would be draw off the tee, fade on approach.

What is this "Draw" some of you are speaking of????:act-up:

Draw with my irons and a fade with my hybrid, FW and driver. I'll hit both shapes with all clubs but my "go to" is as stated.

stock shot is straight when im swinging well. i dont try to work the ball at all i aim for the center of the fairway/green if it fades or draws a little i cant really predict.

I guess the preferred game would be draw off the tee, fade on approach.

I think that's probably correct, although being able to control the roll from your driver is also nice.

My go-to shot is whatever is working for me that day. If I'm drawing it, that's what I'm playing.

Typically, it's a draw.

I just try to hit it straight, but when it's pure, I would say it has a slight fade to it.

Typically it's a fade for me. I try to hit mine straight though. Really anything that I can get to end up in fairway or on the green.

What's a draw?

I hit an uncontrolled screaming line drive "draw" that never gets higher than 10 feet off the ground.

I couldn't make the ball move left to right if you paid me.

Mine has to be a draw. For some reason, I can purposefully hit a draw. Anytime I hit a fade, it is an accident, I couldn't hit one on purpose, if my life depended on it.

I guess I would say draw, but in all honesty, last year I played it straight the majority of the time. Just got into habit a holding off that draw and ended up just hitting it straight.

Lots of fades off the tee. Wedges and small irons I always play a low draw. I don't play a very high ball often at all.

Draw. Would love to have a reliable fade to go to, but I've just never been that good at it.

My go to shot is straight. If I had to pick a shot that's easier to hit, it is without a doubt the fade. I can make a small adjustment for a fade, whereas to get it to turn over I have to strengthen my grip (think Zach Johnson strong) and really exaggerate the hook.

I try to play the straight ball but on well struck balls it normally a slight fade. I don't try and shape shots ever

I get in trouble when I even remotely attempt to work the ball right to left. I try hit it as straight as I can at a certain target. My natural ball flight is left to right so I guess I'm in the fade/cut group.

Fade....All Day, Everyday

Mine is a low draw, but if I had my choice, I'd love to be able to groove a tiny butter cut!

I play for a fade off the tee with driver. Iron shots play for a straight shot but am much more comfortable hitting a high draw when needed over a fade.

It would be a fade for me.

When everything is going good I have a draw working and its purrrdy

Butter-cut fade baby !

Back