Seriously how have I missed this course??

slodsm

Hybrid hooker
Reaction score
Handicap
20 miles from my house the #1 in tx and #26 in the US of "Courses you can play" from Golf Week. I don't know anyone who's played it here, they don't advertise it on golf18 or golf now and somehow I never knew it existed. Just added to the list of places I've got to go shortly. It looks great in pictures.

http://www.pinedunes.com/

Moved to Golf courses.

Its a fun course in a great setting. We have a group of 20 guys who go down each April for a 3-day Ryder Cup style weekend. Definitely get out and play it, you won't regret it.

Its a fun course in a great setting. We have a group of 20 guys who go down each April for a 3-day Ryder Cup style weekend. Definitely get out and play it, you won't regret it.

Good to hear. I'm going to try to make it out next week when we get the heat wave into the 50's.

This course is way in the middle of nowhere. Kinda of like Twin Lakes outside of Canton.

It is a nice course though. Absolutely no forgiveness if you get in the trees.

Shakey I've not made it to Twin Lakes. My boss plays it fairly often but when we play together we always end up at Land's End on Lake Fork. I love that one too.

looks like a fun course! I'd say wait til summer when you won't be freezing cold though...

Shakey I've not made it to Twin Lakes. My boss plays it fairly often but when we play together we always end up at Land's End on Lake Fork. I love that one too.
Twin Lakes is a great course. It's pretty long & has some awesome & sometimes difficult shots along the lakes. I think it's been rated pretty highly in the local golf rankings in the past.

I lived in Hideaway Lake from 2003 - 2011, so I played most of the courses in that area. For my money though, nothing could touch Hideaway's greens & course layout.

never heard of it, looks sweet tho

DAMN!!!!!
That's a fantastic looking course and not too expensive to play on either.

20 miles from my house the #1 in tx and #26 in the US of "Courses you can play" from Golf Week. I don't know anyone who's played it here, they don't advertise it on golf18 or golf now and somehow I never knew it existed. Just added to the list of places I've got to go shortly. It looks great in pictures.

http://www.pinedunes.com/

Looks real good. The photos remind me of Pine Barrens in Florida. Twin Lakes was a lot of fun too. I was there only once when the wife went to the Canton flea market.

I hadn't heard of this one either but I don't get out to east Texas very often. DFW road trip?

Twin Lakes is a great course. It's pretty long & has some awesome & sometimes difficult shots along the lakes. I think it's been rated pretty highly in the local golf rankings in the past.

I lived in Hideaway Lake from 2003 - 2011, so I played most of the courses in that area. For my money though, nothing could touch Hideaway's greens & course layout.

How did you like the community? I'm looking at a pretty substantial promotion soon, my current home is almost paid off, and I'm debating on buying another home either on a golf course or at Lake Fork (I fish as much as I golf). I want a gated community baddddd so I can have less stress letting my kid play outside alone. Sad, when I was a kid, I left when the sun was up and came home when dinner was ready and no one worried. 30 years, later, there are so many freaks out there (I think they always were, they're just bolder and we're more aware) that I don't want to let my little girl out of my sight.

I've been contemplating Hideaway and Garden Valley. Also given some thought to Oak Hurst.

If I could skip a couple of promotions I'd just go straight to Holly Tree hahaha.

DAMN!!!!!
That's a fantastic looking course and not too expensive to play on either.

My thoughts as well man, 56 bucks for a weekday round on a course I couldn't find a user review of less than 4 stars and most were 5. I'm in.

How did you like the community? I'm looking at a pretty substantial promotion soon, my current home is almost paid off, and I'm debating on buying another home either on a golf course or at Lake Fork (I fish as much as I golf). I want a gated community baddddd so I can have less stress letting my kid play outside alone. Sad, when I was a kid, I left when the sun was up and came home when dinner was ready and no one worried. 30 years, later, there are so many freaks out there (I think they always were, they're just bolder and we're more aware) that I don't want to let my little girl out of my sight.

I've been contemplating Hideaway and Garden Valley. Also given some thought to Oak Hurst.

If I could skip a couple of promotions I'd just go straight to Holly Tree hahaha.
We loved Hideaway. Would have never moved if it were not for a significant location.

There are a few members that never want anything to change, but other than that its great. I had had an awesome group of guys I played with every Saturday @ 9:30. Lots of MGA tourneys. The member/guest is always the 2nd week of June. 3 days of golf heaven IMO. The initial membership is pretty pricey, but most people negotiate for the seller to pay for it when you close on the house. Monthly is around $180, but no minimums. Golf is included except for cart ($13/18 holes).

The pool, lakes & 24 manned security is nice too.

Wow! That definitely looks like a hidden gem. I'll have to make a road trip in the spring for this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the info shakey. Right now they are saying if you buy a new construction home initiation fees are gone as are monthly dues. Everything is covered as long as you own the home. How much is true and how much is bait and switch I do not know.

Hopefully it will be something I can pull off in the next year though. I have to make a decision whether to sell my current home and use that as a down payment so I can keep a mortgage so low it's less than a car payment or rent the house out and have an extra 12k or so a year in income.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info shakey. Right now they are saying if you buy a new construction home initiation fees are gone as are monthly dues. Everything is covered as long as you own the home. How much is true and how much is bait and switch I do not know.

Hopefully it will be something I can pull off in the next year though. I have to make a decision whether to sell my current home and use that as a down payment so I can keep a mortgage so low it's less than a car payment or rent the house out and have an extra 12k or so a year in income.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could see them waving the initiation fee (likely the builder is just including in his price), but no way they're covering the monthly. Not long term anyway.

Who are you working with? Emily Santina works in the Admin offices & can give you the low down. Her husband Scott is the Assistant Pro. He gives great lessons & is fun to play with too.

Back