Daytona Beach 12/30-1/2

milehighgolfer

Hacking at Altitude
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I chose Daytona for my "get out of the cold" solo trip this year. The dates are in the title and everyone is welcome to join me during my stay. I'm staying at the Plaza Ocean Club which is stumble distance to all the watering holes along the main drag there. I will be playing Hammock Beach Ocean Course and LPGA International just dont know when yet. Need suggestions for a third course that is within 30 minutes drive. Might go see the Space Center if I have time as it has always been on my to do list.

I will update this thread details fill in.

Hope to see some other THPers in a few weeks.

You are one month ahead of me or I would love to join you for a round. You should really like LPGA courses. Unfortunately haven't gotten to play Hammock, yet.
As for other courses, you will be quite close (short jump down I-4) to a nice, reasonably priced (and not typical FL layout) course named Victoria Hills.
enjoy your trip

Try the Conservatory course at Hammock Dunes, it's well off the water, but a interesting and varied Tom Watson design with only a few homes in sight. They've maintained it well even though the development has failed, and has a spectacular clubhouse.

Try the Conservatory course at Hammock Dunes, it's well off the water, but a interesting and varied Tom Watson design with only a few homes in sight. They've maintained it well even though the development has failed, and has a spectacular clubhouse.

This might explain the drop in green fees. I was looking at it as an option as it is the harder of the two courses according to the reviews. Depends how my game is that week.

This might explain the drop in green fees. I was looking at it as an option as it is the harder of the two courses according to the reviews. Depends how my game is that week.
Where are you booking through? Thought you had to stay at the resort to play either Ocean or Conservatory.

What day are you playing LPGA? Could possibly join, will be in Orlando on 31st and was going to play that day for sure.

Where are you booking through? Thought you had to stay at the resort to play either Ocean or Conservatory.

Apparently not anymore. I'm guessing that they need outside daily money to make it work. It's been listed on GolfNow at a good rate. It is to early to book still but I will let you know when it is available. It would be good to play with another THPer.
The 31st is when I was hoping to play as I am sure to be hungover on the 1st. :party:

Apparently not anymore. I'm guessing that they need outside daily money to make it work. It's been listed on GolfNow at a good rate. It is to early to book still but I will let you know when it is available. It would be good to play with another THPer.
The 31st is when I was hoping to play as I am sure to be hungover on the 1st. :party:
They used to be on there but went away earlier this year. Looks like they are on the THP tee times too!
Hopefully the hot deal will be earlier in the day, 1pm would be hard to finish all 18.

I'd be down for LPGA on the 31st or 1st.

I could be "sick"'on the 31st to play LPGA. Hills course. The other one is not as good. The hills (Legends) course is great.

Hey guys. I'll be in the vicinity around this time. My wife & I are heading down Xmas day, heading to Tampa (first), then towards Jax (on the 29th). I'll check here for updates, as we get closer.

I could be "sick"'on the 31st to play LPGA. Hills course. The other one is not as good. The hills (Legends) course is great.

I love Arthur Hills courses. Hills for sure and maybe a replay on the other course for 36 holes.

Daytona Beach 12/30-1/2

I love Arthur Hills courses. Hills for sure and maybe a replay on the other course for 36 holes.

I could maybe swing 36 if we can start early enough. Then again, it's an hour plus drive to get there in the first place...

Back