The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
We made the pork tenderloin recipe we posted in the recipe thread. It was good, not great, but very healthy. Next time I would use more syrup and cut the oil out completely as neither of us thought it was needed. Had a side of corn. Whole meal (I had a double serving) was 400 calories and I am quite full. To think how many calories I was consuming to get this way previously.

This one was good, but no where near as good as the chicken slider recipe we posted a couple of days ago. That was absolutely perfect.

We made the pork tenderloin recipe we posted in the recipe thread. It was good, not great, but very healthy. Next time I would use more syrup and cut the oil out completely as neither of us thought it was needed. Had a side of corn. Whole meal (I had a double serving) was 400 calories and I am quite full. To think how many calories I was consuming to get this way previously.

This one was good, but no where near as good as the chicken slider recipe we posted a couple of days ago. That was absolutely perfect.

I agree with everything you said here. However, I want to add that this made our house smell AMAZING! I couldn't wait to eat it. It really grew on me though, and I would definitely eat this again. It has a nice kick to it, it really hits you in the back of the throat.

PBH is awesome. Honey is the only thing I like to mix with PB. Had one last night (well 1/2 one since I'm mostly making my sandwiches with one slice of bread now). I think it comes to 352 Calories with 1 slice of good quality whole wheat bread (100 Cals), 2 Tbsp of PB, and 1 Tbsp of honey. Honey is a good way to spike your blood sugar after a workout to help save your muscles.

Pulled pork tenderloin with bbq sauce, and some rice with veggies, under 400 cals AND I'm stuffed

Found myself hungry tonight and any other time I would have gone for the ice cream or salty snacks. Instead tonight I had a wheat pita pocket with chicken deli slices and half a Tbs of light mayo and 6 turkey pepperoni slices. Large for a snack, but small for the second dinner I would have had in the past.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364518688.514070.jpg

Creamy Tuscan bean and chicken soup for supper. Pretty tasty and healthy too.

White beans, chicken breast, lowfat cream of celery soup, water, spinach, diced tomatoes topped with parmesan cheese and bacon bits.

Typing away using Tapatalk!

I'm starting to notice a bit of a difference after a couple days. Maybe a pound or two. Anyone else?

I am definitely losing weight. The 1st week of working hard on my diet will pay off rather big with my weigh in I have a feeling. From there it will taper off to much less each week, but I like where it is headed.

I am definitely losing weight. The 1st week of working hard on my diet will pay off rather big with my weigh in I have a feeling. From there it will taper off to much less each week, but I like where it is headed.
Nice work!

I'm starting to notice a bit of a difference after a couple days. Maybe a pound or two. Anyone else?

I am shocked, but yes I am losing weight, I am losing about a 1/2 a pound a day so far. I know once my work outs pick up the weight number won't drop as much, but I should start to tighten up hopefully.

8.5 pounds since Monday

For me the real key to start losing more weight is working out, I know changing my diet is going to help, but I really need to get motivated and start my workouts!

Before my cereal dinner yesterday I was skirting the 300lb barrier.

It would drop faster if I would start working out, but that hasn't happened yet.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I'm not really working out, but I'm just playing a lot more sports and being more active. I played hockey for about and hour yesterday and got in a bit of a walk. I'm just eating less and that's helping. I'm considering going on detox next week. That's just fruits and vegetables with only water and herbal tea for one whole week. My friend did it and lost 13 pounds in one week. SharkHat, congrats on 8.5 lbs. in one week. That's about my entire goal.

I weighed this morning and I am down 8 pounds since Monday it is amazing what controlling your portions and eating right will do for your body in a short time. I know it will even out, but I am excited.

I'm avoiding the scale until Monday because I'd rather not get over-confident or discouraged, but I do feel better. Legs, arms, and chest are all sore, and I feel more energetic. So far, so good.

I'm not weighing until Monday either but I can already feel a difference when I get dressed! Just a little but I'll take a little looser over tighter any day!

I'm avoiding the scale until Monday because I'd rather not get over-confident or discouraged, but I do feel better. Legs, arms, and chest are all sore, and I feel more energetic. So far, so good.

Exact same way for me dude. Trying to do one weigh in a week.. Even though its hard

TapaTalk from the iPhone

sharkhat, that's awesome!!!!!!! Nice b-day present there :)

I'm doing OK, think I'm down about a pound and a half since Mondays weigh-in. I'm historically a slow starter with weight loss, then my body gets on a roll and it becomes easier.

I was down 6 lbs from Monday to Wednesday, which was way to much considering I've already been dieting, so I picked up the intake over the last few days, closer to 2000 calories. I'll weigh in today to see what effect that has had.

Some good things happening in here! Keep up the great work everyone

The other night I was going through my diet book again and finally read a section that I haven't read in years that some may alreay know but may help others. I verified it with a physical/sports therapist also.

Basically, if you want to burn bodyfat stick to lower intensity workouts such as walking. Although you will burn fewer calories than doing cardio you will be burning more body fat. The science behind it makes sense but I won't try to explain it since we all know I suck at writing. :)

Kind of hate to say it but it has been bugging me.

Some of the daily calorie goals I've been seeing seem dangerous to me from what my research says.

Risks: impaired bodily functions that can become damaged bodily functions. Also, your body may go into starvation mode causing it to conserve your body fat and start eating at your muscles for energy.

The most extreme minumums I have found are 1700 for men and 1200 for women.

I'll keep my mouth shut about it from here.

Good job everyone half way through day 5.

Kind of hate to say it but it has been bugging me.

Some of the daily calorie goals I've been seeing seem dangerous to me from what my research says.

Risks: impaired bodily functions that can become damaged bodily functions. Also, your body may go into starvation mode causing it to conserve your body fat and start eating at your muscles for energy.

The most extreme minumums I have found are 1700 for men and 1200 for women.

I'll keep my mouth shut about it from here.

Good job everyone half way through day 5.
Caloric intake varies from person to person. Back in January when I started to work on dropping some weight, I consulted the Registered Dietitian I employ and we sat down and figured out what my calorie count should be based off of my BMI. I currently try to only take in 1500 calories on a daily basis when I do not workout, etc. I have been doing this for 3 months now, have dropped 50 lbs, and am physically in the best shape I have been in years. Based on what the RD has told me, as long as you are getting in the needed nutrients, it is safe.

You say 1700 calories for men? That is kind of lumping all men in one category isnt it? Like I said earlier, caloric intake is individualized to the person based on body build.

One reason I like the South Beach diet is that it's neither a calorie counting plan nor a starvation diet. In actuality, I'm probably technically eating more food now (spread out better through the day) than I was during my comfort/depression eating.

The foundation of South Beach is choosing Low Glycemic foods, which convert to blood sugar slowly and maintain steady blood sugar levels. Great for diabetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back