What's your Grip?

buckets

Reaction score
Handicap
I've seen so many different grips in my short time in golf...
Everyone share your grip secrets and even pics of your club grip
ra3yhavy.jpg

These are the three most common grips
Mine is none of these my pinky is instead placed Under the two fingers of the top hand

I don't interlock my right pinky with my left pointer finger like many players I see...
Simply rest the pinky finger between pointer finger and middle finger, but it is covered by the two fingers not twined between

I do this because my hands are small and when I lock the pinky finger between the two others I tend to grip the club too tightly
I will post a pic later :D

Share your grip and why :cool:

and then my Dad said, "well aren't you just buckets of fish guts"

I'm an interlocker because that's how my dad showed me.

When I first started playing, and didn't know better, I just assumed the 10 finger grip was the best way to go (pic on right), then I started watching golf and reading instruction, and went with Tiger's grip (in the middle pic). I played that way for several years until one business trip I went to the range after a meeting, and forgot my glove. Using the interlock for 2 straight large buckets of balls I developed a bad blister. Switched to overlap (pic on the left) after that and have never looked back.

I'm an interlock grip buy, because I have small hands...lol. Seriously though, for me, it connects my hand and makes them "locked" and more as one so there is not real, major twisting. Then, to add a little extra, I'm also a neutral grip guy.

I use a baseball grip, never felt very comfortable with the interlock.
My instructor says that it isn't a problem for me, so he suggested I keep it.

Overlap from day one.

I use a baseball grip, never felt very comfortable with the interlock.
My instructor says that it isn't a problem for me, so he suggested I keep it.

I am the same way. But I never had an instructor so not sure what they would say to me.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I'm an overlapper. I started as a kid with the baseball grip but once I for into the game more, I started experimenting with the other 2 grips and settled on the overlap. Nothing against the interlock, I just don't think the interlock allows my hands to work together properly.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

When I first started I used a 10 finger grip. But now I use the overlap grip. I've tried using an interlock grip, but is very uncomfortable to me.

This is closest on the good ole web to what I do... When I get home I'll take a pic to share my grip

y7abe5ur.jpg

I used to have a baseball grip but I now use an interlocking grip like the center picture. Changing grips has helped me not strangle the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to have a baseball grip but I now use an interlocking grip like the center picture. Changing grips has helped me not strangle the club.

Same for me... If I use a baseball grip I squeeze the life out of the poor thing :(

When I first started playing I used the 10 finger grip and played it for a while. I tried the interlock grip after a friend mentioned it to me back in the 90's and it felt comfortable from day one and have used it ever since.

I started with the interlock grip when I was a kid and still use it now. I tried to overlap for a bit, but felt like lost control of the club through impact.

I started with the interlock and used it for about 20 years. I've changed to the Vardon Overlap which I've kept for the past 35 years. My hands are large, and I find the overlap is more comfortable for me.

Used to use the 10 finger grip, then a friend showed me the interlock. It was weird at first but now it feels so natural that occasionally I find myself gripping a baseball bat with the interlock.

I like it because I feel that it keeps my hands connected as one unit.

I am an overlapper, I think my hands are of small for the interlock, it didn't work very well.

I cant do anything but the interlock. I dont feel right with my hand on the club otherwise.

I started with the interlock, but realized I was doing it incorrectly by trying to get the webbing of my hands to touch, making my right hand far too underneath the grip. Even when I stopped doing that, my hands wanted to keep going to that position. So I moved to the overlap, and after about 5 swings it felt like I had been doing that since Day 1.

I've always used an interlock... Never tried anything else.

I have always used an interlocking grip, which I have been told it can be tend to be strong at times.

Started with the interlocking grip--moved to the overlap and then to the two finger overlap--it and my Cleveland XL Custom have managed to take the slice out of my game.

Interlock, but have been dabbling with overlap and even double overlap recently. I started complaining to my pro that I was about to chop off my right hand because it obviously was trying to ruin my golf swing, so he suggested the overlap and double. I went out and had a great round. I guess I'm in flux at this point.

Overlap.

Back