bigtazz53

@bigtazzGOLF
Reaction score
Handicap
13.3 GHIN
Can marks on club face indicate a swing fault?
If so what would mine say?
My usual driver ball flight is a high fade.
After looking at my driver face I began to wonder what was wrong and what to do to fix so my flight is less fade more straight. (the tick marks are from plastic tees)
Thoughts?

du8a7e6a.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989

Last edited:
Ask the Pro section. Please leave this thread clean until GolfTec is able to answer the OP.

BigT - yes is the answer to your question. Impact marks tell a lot about a person particular ball flight or shape. And based on the wear you have you make contact with an open club near the heal. This can result in a high push fade.

there are a few things you do to correct this.
1. Check your ball position at address. Typically the ball should be played off the inside heel of the lead foot

2. Avoid sliding out in front of the ball at impact. In other words, work behind the ball at impact. Getting out in front of the ball will cause you to keep the club face open and hit push fades

3. I would move back away from the ball a smidge. I talking less than 1/2 an inch. Based on the wear I'm seeing you are stand too close to the ball. I good gage to see if you are the proper distance from the ball is to take your address position. Once this is complete, pick the club head up directly behind the ball. That ball should be in the middle of the face. If it's near the heal or toe you should adjust you distance from the ball. Only the club head gets raised, your body must remain in its address position.

Thanks for info, I'll put it to use this weekend.

Tazz
@bigtazzGOLF

2. Avoid sliding out in front of the ball at impact. In other words, work behind the ball at impact. Getting out in front of the ball will cause you to keep the club face open and hit push fades.

Freddie
#2 appears to be my major flaw. Any tips/drills to fix?
Also is it possible my driver shaft is to long? It's the standard length for the R1.

Tazz
@bigtazzGOLF

Freddie
#2 appears to be my major flaw. Any tips/drills to fix?
Also is it possible my driver shaft is to long? It's the standard length for the R1.

Tazz
@bigtazzGOLF
In regards to the length of your driver, choke down an inch and let us know if it makes a difference.

Work on starting the down swing with the left hip. Here is a thread I started late last year that has tons of info. If you need further explanation let me know.

fk

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...6-Swing-the-bottom-from-the-top-of-your-swing

Back