This is incredibly intriguing because of the new design. Meaning no generator as it runs on solar/batteries (house only).

Those things are so damn awesome.

This is incredibly intriguing because of the new design. Meaning no generator as it runs on solar/batteries (house only).

Quite the impressive machine. Impressive solar panels, they dont need direct sunlight, just day light to generate 240v of energy. Theoretically, you can have this bad boy parked for the day, run the a/c, TV, etc without ever turning it on or draining your batteries. Not having to deal with generator noise or propane systems would be nice as well.

I wonder how long the charge holds, as in, can you run an a/c or tv overnight off a full charge, and would it affect the battery needed to get the vehicle mobile? I guess, if the battery was dead, you could just hang out until the solar panels juice you up again.

Incredible what they have done with these vehicles since the days of camping with my grandparents in their old RV.

In my research it appears you would get from 8-15 hours off of the charge without having to fire it up for 30 minutes or drive it around the block a few times. That is quite a bit for our kind of use where we would not be out camping. To not worry at all about appliances or using anything makes you really think.

In my research it appears you would get from 8-15 hours off of the charge without having to fire it up for 30 minutes or drive it around the block a few times. That is quite a bit for our kind of use where we would not be out camping. To not worry at all about appliances or using anything makes you really think.
It does, and you answered the other question I had... Which was, does driving it charge the batteries as well? I figured it did.

It does, and you answered the other question I had... Which was, does driving it charge the batteries as well? I figured it did.

It does, and from our research the house batteries have no effect (or is it affect, I never get those right) on the engine batteries so those won't get drained and you can still drive it even if the house batteries died in the middle of the night.

It does, and from our research the house batteries have no effect (or is it affect, I never get those right) on the engine batteries so those won't get drained and you can still drive it even if the house batteries died in the middle of the night.
I was wondering that too, but assumed with the amount of tech they packed in to this, that they would have covered that as well and had them independent from one another.

That is my thought. GG and I have to take a trip down to a dealer that is over by you. We have to get into a regular version (runs a generator) and see how loud (if at all) it is.

Sounds like a no brainer to me :thumb: Just the diesel fuel costs saved per month would justify this cool machine.

Spent some time looking at some Sprinters this morning and came away pretty impressed with Pleasure Way. Interesting to say the least.

Spent some time looking at some Sprinters this morning and came away pretty impressed with Pleasure Way. Interesting to say the least.

Narrowing it down are we?

Trying to. The idea of taking out the tour van to Texas with the fuel expense makes us cringe.
At the fuel range you were getting, it's like tossing a $1 bill out the window every mile.

At the fuel range you were getting, it's like tossing a $1 bill out the window every mile.

it's funny, sad, and true all at once

Took a look at some nice Sprinters today. The Winnebago ERA is growing on me.

Took a look at some nice Sprinters today. The Winnebago ERA is growing on me.

Growing like #1 on the ponder list now?

This video is lengthy, but shows all the features of the 2013 ERA 170A. Looked at this one today.

This video is lengthy, but shows all the features of the 2013 ERA 170A. Looked at this one today.

Video isnt coming up for me? I'll try another browser.

EDIT: It came up when I quoted it.

The Era seems to be a solid option. The seat behind the two captains chairs looks perfect for a couple mascots... :act-up:

The Era seems to be a solid option. The seat behind the two captains chairs looks perfect for a couple mascots... :act-up:

That is what gets us. That seat is so perfect for what we travel with.

Not to mention the lower cost.

This thing is pretty cool. Built on the Sprinter chassis, it is slightly larger than the regular Sprinters in width and about the same size in length.

I like the Pulse, has everything you need amenity wise and looks pretty spacious with the seating available

This thing is pretty cool. Built on the Sprinter chassis, it is slightly larger than the regular Sprinters in width and about the same size in length.

That one looks like a mini-Class A.

Back