received my Cleveland custom classic, but it has the wrong shaft

Jackal

Reaction score
Handicap
My Cleveland Classic Custom adjustable driver came in. But, it has a 6 tour s shaft. I ordered a jdl 6 xstiff. After hitting about 8 balls, I looked at the shaft.:banghead:

It has good feel and balance, but the softer flex just sprayed the balls left and right.

When my other shaft comes in, I'll let you know how it does.

Also,I will reveal the name of the ebay seller. They are supposed to just send me a new shaft and ill swap them and return the wrong one.

Next week Golf USA is going to let me use their launch monitor to check my swing speed, AoA,ball speed,
Launch angle, etc.

He will show me how to use the system. It is $60 an hour (does that sound about right?)

Thanks,
Jackal

Last edited:
For $60 an hour I hope they give you access to all the shafts and heads they have in stock as well. I actually tested that same setup you are getting a couple weeks ago using a GC2+HMT... It was a nice setup (I swing 105-115 quick transition late release). In the end I went with a combo that was a touch shorter overall but carried the length I wanted. The CC Custom with that shaft is still on my want list once I see it drop under $100 on the bay. Driver I chose is in my sig.

My average launch numbers for the driver I chose were 163 ball speed, 15 degree launch, 2550 rpm back, 282 carry 500 rpm right.

Last edited:
One more quick tip, bring your own balls. Nothing worse than having launch numbers for a ball you don't use!

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

Jackal

Finally got my shaft in today.:banana::banana::banana:

It is a Miyazaki JDL 6 X flex . Out in the pasture I hit 3 balls and they all went far & straight. Maybe 240 yards?????? This is pretty good considering it is 9* degrees out and I was wearing (2) large jackets.

Can't wait until some warmer weather for real testing.

The ball trajectory was high enough to get some good carry but not a balloon shot.

More info to come later,

Jackal

Back