Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sux to see the news on Rondo. Not a fan of his, but enjoy watching him play.

Just announced during the Heat/Celtics game, Rajon Rondo has a torn ACL.

Rondo out kills the Celts. Wow.

DWade is just killing this game for the Heat right now. He can't get it to go down and keeps shooting.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8887106/rajon-rondo-boston-celtics-torn-acl-undergo-surgery

Here's a link for the Rondo injury. Boston playing a great game today but this injury pretty much dooms their season.

Depression setting in quickly for me. This kills the Celtics for the rest of this season and part of next season, and also means the end of the Garnett/Pierce era. The team wasn't doing well this year, but I still had a little hope that they would scrape into the playoffs and then do some damage. But now as some people are already discussing, they need to investigate what they can get in trade value for everyone on the roster, including KG and Pierce. I think that the owners wouldn't want to trade Pierce because they want him to end his career as a Celtic, but it has to be considered. I wouldn't be surprised if KG gets traded to a contender this year at the trade deadline, then retires after this year.

Depression setting in quickly for me. This kills the Celtics for the rest of this season and part of next season, and also means the end of the Garnett/Pierce era. The team wasn't doing well this year, but I still had a little hope that they would scrape into the playoffs and then do some damage. But now as some people are already discussing, they need to investigate what they can get in trade value for everyone on the roster, including KG and Pierce. I think that the owners wouldn't want to trade Pierce because they want him to end his career as a Celtic, but it has to be considered. I wouldn't be surprised if KG gets traded to a contender this year at the trade deadline, then retires after this year.

Definitely trade KG, but not Pierce. PP should finish his career as a Celtic, and I don't think there's many contenders that would want him. He's not playing that well of offense this year and is a complete liability on D. I just don't see him moving. KG would be useful to a contender though.

Tough to see Rondo go down but the Wolves have had guys dropping like flies all year. I hope that they trade KG and get something good in return but only if they trade him to a non playoff team, I have grown tired of his antics.

Sux to see the news on Rondo. Not a fan of his, but enjoy watching him play.
Same here, seems like a great young talent, you hate to see good players go down like that.

Kobe with double-digit assists in his last 3 games. And it's working. It's hilarious, yet it's another example of why Kobe is so great.

Kobe with double-digit assists in his last 3 games. And it's working. It's hilarious, yet it's another example of why Kobe is so great.

I heard them say on PTI that 2 of his last 3 games, he has had more assists than shots. In his last 1200 games before that, he only did that once! I found it hilarious. I am not a huge Kobe fan, but I love to watch him play. This only adds another exciting element to his game. He's got the best footwork since the Dream, IMO.

I heard them say on PTI that 2 of his last 3 games, he has had more assists than shots. In his last 1200 games before that, he only did that once! I found it hilarious. I am not a huge Kobe fan, but I love to watch him play. This only adds another exciting element to his game. He's got the best footwork since the Dream, IMO.

Agreed. This just shows that he really can do anything he is asked. He just likes to score lol. I wonder if he will keep this up and be a distributor for the rest of the season. I think the Lakers would dominate if in the 1st 3 quarters he was a distributor and in the 4th was old Kobe. They could still make the playoffs.

How bout them Blazers?? That game was insane last night.

They're looking solid. You guys have a gem in Lillard. He's big time.

I'm excited for the Heat-Nets game tonight.

Loving the Nets-Heat game so far. The Nets are actually playing good ball but they haven't been able to get the ball in the hoop.

Loving the Nets-Heat game so far. The Nets are actually playing good ball but they haven't been able to get the ball in the hoop.

Something tells me Reggie Evans probably shouldn't of ran his mouth. LeBron looks locked in.

Something tells me Reggie Evans probably shouldn't of ran his mouth. LeBron looks locked in.

Yeah they've been playing well but Lebron is just owning them.

Birdman!!! Nets are in trouble, Dam!! Hehe

Hell yeah! Go Nets! Tied it up.

Wade pisses me off. He freaks out every time he gets touched even a little bit. So annoying.

Hell yeah! Go Nets! Tied it up.

Wade pisses me off. He freaks out every time he gets touched even a little bit. So annoying.

Not so fast my friend! 36-14 Heat in the 3rd. Nets turn to make a run? I wanna see more Birdman.

Huge 3rd quarter for the Heat, outscore the Nets by 22. I said it at the beginning, Reggie Evans probably shouldn't of opened his mouth. The Heat don't always show up but when you question the legitimacy of their Championship I just knew that was going to get their attention. And when the Heat are focused they're the best team in the NBA.

Not so fast my friend! 36-14 Heat in the 3rd. Nets turn to make a run? I wanna see more Birdman.

Yeah that didn't last long. Haha.

They're looking solid. You guys have a gem in Lillard. He's big time.

I'm excited for the Heat-Nets game tonight.

Yea Lillard is my new favorite player. The guy is a stud and just seems like a cool cat. Now we just need a bench.

There are some dang good teams this year. I've enjoyed the season thus far.

Yea Lillard is my new favorite player. The guy is a stud and just seems like a cool cat. Now we just need a bench.

There are some dang good teams this year. I've enjoyed the season thus far.

Yup. And obviously Aldridge is a stud. The Blazers took the loss of Roy in stride. And I guess you could count the wasted pick on Oden in there too. Haha. Still a very solid team.

Yup. And obviously Aldridge is a stud. The Blazers took the loss of Roy in stride. And I guess you could count the wasted pick on Oden in there too. Haha. Still a very solid team.

Yea we have had some terrible luck, but all teams have. At least we got a couple good years from Roy; Oden was the biggest bust ever. Oden/Durant will forever be compared to Bowie/Jordan with how good of a player we could have had.

How about the Grizzlies trading away Rudy Gay? I can't say I agree with that move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back