Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, a local titleist staffer is selling his whole set for $1000, he's selling a limited edition Scotty Cameron Newport, gun metal blue finish, for $150 or best offer, and a rare silver Scotty Cameron terryluim for $300

Looks intriguing

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, a local titleist staffer is selling his whole set for $1000, he's selling a limited edition Scotty Cameron Newport, gun metal blue finish, for $150 or best offer, and a rare silver Scotty Cameron terryluim for $300

Looks intriguing

Any pics of that blue putter? I'm drooling at the thought.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

would you seriously stop screwing with me like that?

Ponder over. Just bought it!

Ha, all kidding aside, I am more of a Bushnell V3 type of guy so I will leave that puppy alone. Hope a THPer in the area can help you out man!

Any pics of that blue putter? I'm drooling at the thought.

The pictures are kind of bad

That's all he gives on this one
yvydu4u9.jpg

u9e6upar.jpg

e5u7e7ab.jpg

Really A Razr X white? Is that at a Dicks Sporting Goods, JN?

Nope, Golf Galaxy.

And they lied to me on the phone about having the XL Custom in LH. Neither did Golfsmith, but the guys I know at GS actually tried to contract their Cleveland rep right then and there for an answer. I don't think I will be going to that golf galaxy anymore.

Why did I do the covert Nike challenge thing. I want a covert with the fujikura fuel. I don't put a ton of stock in LM numbers but my average carry was 268 with the fuel shaft. I won't get it, but color me very very impressed

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Really A Razr X white? Is that at a Dicks Sporting Goods, JN?

They are exclusive to Golf Galaxy and Dicks. My buddy is a GM at GG and said he has no idea what Callaway is doing and they are desperate to keep up with TaylorMade in terms of marketing.

Dude, I like that a lot actually, reminds me of Ian Poulter lol

They are crazy loud up close... Pretty sure they need to be owned haha!

They are crazy loud up close... Pretty sure they need to be owned haha!

Heck yeah, are they for you?

They are exclusive to Golf Galaxy and Dicks. My buddy is a GM at GG and said he has no idea what Callaway is doing and they are desperate to keep up with TaylorMade in terms of marketing.

Yes! Your buddy is the first one I've ever heard of who agrees with me.

Why did I do the covert Nike challenge thing. I want a covert with the fujikura fuel. I don't put a ton of stock in LM numbers but my average carry was 268 with the fuel shaft. I won't get it, but color me very very impressed

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I did it yesterday and put up some crazy good numbers, too. Then I played today and hit 11 of 12 fairways with the Amp Cell.

Yes! Your buddy is the first one I've ever heard of who agrees with me.

Heck, look at their marketing with the Xhot fairway woods. It's nearly identical to the RBZ.

Heck yeah, are they for you?

I love them, but the plaid techs are interesting in sizing.. For some reason they only offer them in 32' long so I have to get them modified to extend them an inch at the bottom.

I love them, but the plaid techs are interesting in sizing.. For some reason they only offer them in 32' long so I have to get them modified to extend them an inch at the bottom.

Ah dang that sucks!

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Taylormade must be pretty darn flattered right now.

So besides my disappointment in not being able to hit ANY of the new Cleveland stuff today, I did hit my Classic vs. the Covert Tour, G25, XHot, and AMP Cell. I was not swinging the driver well today, lots of misses with every club, but I recorded some good hits with every club as well. Firstly, I'm not sure why I was hitting nothing but low bullets with the Covert...but I was. Just wasn't getting along with it today. The G25 was LOUD but pretty long, however I just couldn't get past the sound/feel of the club. Loved the murdered out look, and the performance was certainly there...and plenty forgiving.

The XHot and AMP Cell felt the best of the bunch (other than my Classic) and on my good swings I was getting between 255-265 yards with both. The XHot's PX shaft felt VERY nice, a bit nicer than the stock Fuel shaft in the Cell for me in terms of feel. Dispersion wise, it seemed like the Cell was a bit tighter for me today, but I still feel like I need to hit them more to truly get a sense of that. So I was getting around 10 more yards on average with these two drivers vs my Classic....so not groundbreaking distance gains.

So my 2013 driver pondering continues, with the XHot, Cell, and XL Custom (yet to be hit) at the top of my list...but my Classic is seemingly keeping up with the big boys at this moment.

So besides my disappointment in not being able to hit ANY of the new Cleveland stuff today, I did hit my Classic vs. the Covert Tour, G25, XHot, and AMP Cell. I was not swinging the driver well today, lots of misses with every club, but I recorded some good hits with every club as well. Firstly, I'm not sure why I was hitting nothing but low bullets with the Covert...but I was. Just wasn't getting along with it today. The G25 was LOUD but pretty long, however I just couldn't get past the sound/feel of the club. Loved the murdered out look, and the performance was certainly there...and plenty forgiving.

The XHot and AMP Cell felt the best of the bunch (other than my Classic) and on my good swings I was getting between 255-265 yards with both. The XHot's PX shaft felt VERY nice, a bit nicer than the stock Fuel shaft in the Cell for me in terms of feel. Dispersion wise, it seemed like the Cell was a bit tighter for me today, but I still feel like I need to hit them more to truly get a sense of that. So I was getting around 10 more yards on average with these two drivers vs my Classic....so not groundbreaking distance gains.

So my 2013 driver pondering continues, with the XHot, Cell, and XL Custom (yet to be hit) at the top of my list...but my Classic is seemingly keeping up with the big boys at this moment.

At this point maybe you should keep on looking and just play with your classic, especially if you say you didn't see any ground breaking distance gains.

Hopefully you get to try out the XL custom! Maybe a Cleveland demo day will roll in to your area soon

At this point maybe you should keep on looking and just play with your classic, especially if you say you didn't see any ground breaking distance gains.

Hopefully you get to try out the XL custom! Maybe a Cleveland demo day will roll in to your area soon

Yeah, my Classic is safe as of right now. I do want to try the XL with the B Asha, XL Custom with the JDL...but I have NO idea when the shop will get the LH demo heads in. The guy who I know at Golfsmith said that he'd see if he could get an ETA for me tomorrow (when I pick up my FL 3W as its getting reshafted).

The sad thing is that all of their Cleveland demos....hybrids, irons, woods, drivers...have not been hit yet. It's as if people just ignore Cleveland at that store. The drivers and FWs were still wrapped in plastic.

Finally, my months old opinion that Callaway is 100% riding Taylormade is agreed upon by some.

Razr X White? Really?

Funny...I did that as well on Saturday. Was absolutely crushing it! Couple of sample packs of Nike balls and was up front with the Nike guy telling him I had already filled the bag this year. So he just put me through the app and had it adjust the head for me. Was rather impressed with the recommendations. Wanted to start out at the 8.5 setting...the app then recommended 10.5draw after the first series of numbers. Pretty interesting app they have to help fit the correct setting to your swing for sure.

Yeah, my Classic is safe as of right now. I do want to try the XL with the B Asha, XL Custom with the JDL...but I have NO idea when the shop will get the LH demo heads in. The guy who I know at Golfsmith said that he'd see if he could get an ETA for me tomorrow (when I pick up my FL 3W as its getting reshafted).

Bah, better to just wait for Cleveland to roll through for a demo day event, I will by trying out some drivers when they come back this April, they usually have a bunch of club/ shaft combos

Finally, my months old opinion that Callaway is 100% riding Taylormade is agreed upon by some.

Razr X White? Really?

One white driver that is hardly even being advertised is not 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back