TaylorMade Golf JetSpeed Fairway Wood Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice write up, James.

Interesting to see that the JetSpeed performed similarly to the SLDR FW. It seems like the JetSpeed would be the preferred option so long as you did not require adjustability.

I'm glad that TM lowered the size of the JetSpeed compared to the RBZ2 FW. The latter really seemed like a mini-driver to me. Good to see TM getting back to a more FW-sized head.

I saw these in person for the first time last night. IMO when you address the ball they have a bit of that Burner series look to them and are a lot shallower than I would have expected. They do seem like they would be easy to hit as well. One thing I liked was the stock shaft was a little heavier than usually for this class of wood which brings it to consideration more if matching it side by side with the SLDR. I cannot wait to get a chance to hit one of these

KG

Just Tapping Away

Very nice write up. A lot of great info right there. Really looks like it would be nice off the deck to me. Very interesting and something I"m going to have to try to hit.

Nice write-up, Jman. I like how they are going with a heavier stock shaft as an option, definitely helps me with control and dispersion. Interesting in that this offering is more similar to the SLDR than you expected.

Very thorough review James and great photos!

Glad to see the speed pocket filled with polymer and also the stock shaft nearing 70g, sounds nice and stable. Really sounds like it performed as expected in all aspects, quite long for the right player. I wouldn't mind seeing some rails for performance from the rough though.

If in the market I think I would skimp on the adjustability from the SLDR and give this one a look.

Great write up James. Hmmmm...the 7 wood at 23 degrees intrigues me. Been looking for a FW to replace my 4h.

Good read James! Certainly a club that I'll be pondering over. Too bad the HL versions are RH only, would have been interesting to see what that could have done for my wood game. I'm definitely pondering over a 5 wood. One thing I need to start researching and testin is that what a shorter shaft in a 3/5 wood would do for me. 43,5" is only an 1" shorter than my driver...

Nice write up Jman. With everything on these woods, unless you really needed adjustability, I don't know why anyone would get the SLDR FW now.

Great job James, lots of small changes over the SLDR in this one. I especially like that the speed pocket is filled with polymer to keep debris out, I have a RBZ tour 5W and a SLDR 3W and both will load up pretty good, especially on wet days. Sounds like the shaft/club head pairing is spot on.

Great write-up, James. Sounds like a couple solid improvements to this line; the lower profile head makes me think of the Adams tight lies, which always gave me a ton of confidence hitting off the deck. It is a little weird seeing it without an adjustable hosel, as it seems everything is going that way these days, but I suppose that might save a little on the price point?

Great review. I have not had the chance to hit either yet, but just looking at them side by side, I really like the shallow profile of the Jetspeed line.

Good write up James. I'm glad you mentioned that you should go get fit, especially if you're considering this vs the SLDR. I recently hit both of these side by side, and even at stock settings, I was seeing better results with the SLDR. Regardless, the 5W in the Jetspeed was so easy to hit.

Great review Jman.

I like that the stock shaft has some weight to it, for me it sometimes makes it easier to control and since I seldomly use it off the deck it seems better for me to bomb off the tee. Will have to try this one out.

Great write up James. Hmmmm...the 7 wood at 23 degrees intrigues me. Been looking for a FW to replace my 4h.

Interesting, I carried a 7 wood for years until hybrids came out. Maybe I should give that 1 a look too.

Yet another bang-on writeup from James. Sounds like the Jetspeed will be a winner for quite a few, and I'm sure a few of these will be in Morgan Cup bags.

Very nice write up there James. The look is definitely more pleasing to the eye than last years iterations. I don't really understand why they would go away from the adjustable hosel when they are preaching lofting up, what happens if your ideal launch is around where the 4 wood would lie? Maybe its to differentiate the two models with price too, but I definitely look forward to hitting this line.

Nice work James, I'm still lovin' the Matte Black finish on this line. And the simple crown graphics make it look great at address. I wish this snow would melt so I could take a swing on this!

Nice write up James. This will be on the list for the fairway wood merry-go-round that is my bag this year!

Solid writeup James. I know you briefly touched on it about distance off the deck, but was it any easier to hit off the deck than some of your prior fairway woods you've owned?

Very informative write up James. Being that 3W is my main ponder for 2014 I'm going to have to keep this one in mind to try out. I know you touched on forgiveness, but in terms of distance loss is there a comparison you can provide on how forgiving it is with miss hits?

Good looking club. I love low profile fairway woods. This would fit into the bag just nicely, thank you!

What does the curved slot do? Why is this better than a slot that goes straight behind and all the way across the face?

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

Solid writeup James. I know you briefly touched on it about distance off the deck, but was it any easier to hit off the deck than some of your prior fairway woods you've owned?

On par with other more shallow fairways Wardy, that said for me personally the forward CG is still a factor for how much height I can get it off the deck compared to other, but distance it wins.

Good looking club. I love low profile fairway woods. This would fit into the bag just nicely, thank you!

What does the curved slot do? Why is this better than a slot that goes straight behind and all the way across the face?

Hawk and I talked about this in our SLDR fairway and hybo reviews but its all about where the CG in the club is and getting the largest amount of "flex" off the face as far as impacting and improving ball speeds. The curve IMO gives back some of the cross face forgiveness (a little, its still a demanding club in this and the SLDR fairway) that is taken away from the forward CG. As for going all the way across the face, its all abut weight and what the R&D want to do from a specific MOI, CG, and Ballspeed perspective.

I'm hitting the 17* so well right now. I have an extra spot in my bag and thinking a 23* wood would be a fun option, officially pondering.

Bought the 3W off a fellow THPer and got it out on the course today. Man this thing is a bomber. At least 15 yards longer than the Covert I had before. Hit it twice off the tee and both shots were beautiful slight draws on dogleg holes that left me in perfect spots for a wedge up onto the green. If in the market for a new fairway give this line a chance! Just solid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back