need a little help

colby10

Reaction score
Handicap
Well I went in to our local golf shop to start my fitting and it didnt go well. I tested out the titleist 714 AP line..callaway Apex line and Mizuno jpx 825 pro. Between the clubs the Mizunos are what I will be investing my money as they are an amazing club. But that is besides the point. It didnt matter what club or shaft I used I was hitting a push slice 90 percent of the time on the sim. It was really frigging annoying. I hit balls for over an hour and the guy fitting me told me my hips were flying through the zone so fast that my shoulders werent keeping up and at impact I had an open face almost everytime. So my question is does anybody have any drills to sync my top half and lower half together so at impact I am more square as to being so wide open. Thanks guys.

The best drill I know of and use, trying hitting 100 yard 7i with a full swing. Your tempo will smooth out, you will be able to control the club an your body, plus you will be able to feel the proper positions.

so blue take a 7 iron and complete a full swing at approx 50 percent power? It makes sense..I can see that slowing things down enough to keep the swing in line a lot more.

To answer your question i think slowing down your swing will fix the issue. Your tempo is off and swinging at say 70% will get back to firing the hips and shoulders together.

Based on what you wrote I think you're sliding through the shot and out in front of the ball at impact which keeps the club open. I also think you have a bit of an over the top move vs and inside move into the ball. I'd be sure that that your left hip is pulling off the line away from the ball.

Now my bigger question is how did you choose the iron you did if 90% of your shots were miss hits to the right?

One of my favorite things to do when my hips get a little quick is to hit balls with my feet together, this way you have to sync up or you will completely lose your balance. Not full swings, but 50 or 60% speed and you will get thigs working together.

Tadashi good question. I guess I hit the mizuno much better for distance and they felt better then the rest even though I was pushing shots like 15-20 yards right of the target line. I seemed to miss a lot less with these in terms of solid contact. I know my swing flaw should be corrected b4 putting any stock into a club decision but I just felt they were the best club I hit out of all the rest. And yes I def have to slow the swing down..I tend to swing very hard. They gave me a printed readout of my numbers with the different shaft comparisons I my club head speed with the kbs x and the pro x100 shafts was roughly 90mph and that was with a 6 iron...i dont know if that is high or low or average.

One of my favorite things to do when my hips get a little quick is to hit balls with my feet together, this way you have to sync up or you will completely lose your balance. Not full swings, but 50 or 60% speed and you will get thigs working together.

Sounds like a good drill lmh...will give that a try. TY

IMO, if your handicap is 36+ as indicated above, those aren't the right club heads for you. Maybe the AP1's, but you might want to look into some Super Game Improvement stuff...but certainly not the 825 pro's. Maybe the EZ Line?

I think the slower swing drill will help as stated above. Are you working with a swing coach?

IMO, if your handicap is 36+ as indicated above, those aren't the right club heads for you. Maybe the AP1's, but you might want to look into some Super Game Improvement stuff...but certainly not the 825 pro's. Maybe the EZ Line?

I think the slower swing drill will help as stated above. Are you working with a swing coach?
I believe the system defaults that entry until you enter a value yourself.

Chico I never changed that handicap...I actually didnt even notice it there until u said something..lol. I havnt played golf in over 8 years but I use to play a lot and when I was playing a lot I would shoot in the mid 80's. I dont know what that would of put me at for a handicap. I just have been playing baseball/softball for the last 8 years and couldnt play both as it screwed up one of the swings so baseball/softball it was. Now Im back 100 percent into golf and my golf swing needs some serious critiquing as I have a bunch of swing flaws right now. I have had one lesson a long time ago and it was terrible...the guy was teaching like 5 of us at a time and felt like he didnt give me any help..actually at one point he said I might want to find another game...I was like Im al set with this guy.

Chico I never changed that handicap...I actually didnt even notice it there until u said something..lol. I havnt played golf in over 8 years but I use to play a lot and when I was playing a lot I would shoot in the mid 80's. I dont know what that would of put me at for a handicap. I just have been playing baseball/softball for the last 8 years and couldnt play both as it screwed up one of the swings so baseball/softball it was. Now Im back 100 percent into golf and my golf swing needs some serious critiquing as I have a bunch of swing flaws right now. I have had one lesson a long time ago and it was terrible...the guy was teaching like 5 of us at a time and felt like he didnt give me any help..actually at one point he said I might want to find another game...I was like Im al set with this guy.

ah, ok. You and I are probably in similar boats. I'm back more recently and playing to a 15. I hooked up with a great instructor, so I have that going.

That being said, my search, including this experience: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-fitting-at-Bayonet-Black-Horse-(Monterey-CA), has helped me realize I'm probably best suited for the EZ Forged or AP1 line. If I want to get crazy, I can do ap2's in the scoring irons. I have not hit the apex line, however.

when I went to my very first fitting with my current coach, he basically told me to wait until my swing got somewhat repeatable and then get fitted. I think he was correct. YMMV.

Tadashi good question. I guess I hit the mizuno much better for distance and they felt better then the rest even though I was pushing shots like 15-20 yards right of the target line. I seemed to miss a lot less with these in terms of solid contact. I know my swing flaw should be corrected b4 putting any stock into a club decision but I just felt they were the best club I hit out of all the rest. And yes I def have to slow the swing down..I tend to swing very hard. They gave me a printed readout of my numbers with the different shaft comparisons I my club head speed with the kbs x and the pro x100 shafts was roughly 90mph and that was with a 6 iron...i dont know if that is high or low or average.

Definitely have to go with what feels good but don't be surprised if once you get the clubs your results are different outside.

The feet together is a good drill for weight transfer. It'll build some stability for you. As you do the dril widen your stance after 5 swings a few inches. Do this until you reach a stance that allows you to swing hard but maintain balance

Back