Top 5 Drivers of 2013

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay boys and girls, the year has turned and lots of great equipment was put out last year. So we want to hear from you. Give us your list of 5 best drivers of 2013.

Criteria
Please rank in order
Must have been a 2013 product

Otherwise, have fun with it and let us know your thoughts.

My Top 5

1. FT Optiforce 440: Really suits my eye, goof launch and spin rates for me. Solid sound and feel once I found the right shaft.
2. Razr Fit Xtreme: Very low spin and I like the sound of impact. I was able to control trajectory very easily
3. Amp Cell Pro: Surprised me with the performance, the adjustment system was easy to use and effective.
4. Covert Tour: Lowest spinning driver I tried last year, wasn't crazy about the swoosh on the crown, but it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.
5. X Hot Pro: Just gave me really good numbers, wasn't the longest, but it was very straight and found a lot of fairways.

1: Callaway Razr fit Xtreme
2: Titleist 913 D2
3: Callaway Optiforce 440
4: X Hot pro
5: Cobra Amp Cell Pro

My Top 5

1. Taylormade SLDR
2. FT Optiforce 440
3. Ping G25
4. X Hot Pro
5. Cleveland Classic XL Custom

Criteria is based on which one I've done the best hitting, with distance being the top, accuracy being next and then sound and feel last.

1. Callaway Optiforce 440 - Lethal, Accurate and feels great at impact.
T2 Cobra Amp Cell - Was long and very accurate for me.
T2 Callaway Razr Fit Extreme - Long, Strong and held it's accuracy well for me.
4. Titleist 913 - I quite enjoyed the feel of this driver but didn't hit it enough to get hard numbers.

I am operating under the assumption that clubs for the 2014 lines that were released in late 2013 don't count. Based solely on drivers I actually hit:

1. Cobra Amp Cell
2. Ping G25
3. Callaway X Hot
4. Titleist 913 D2
5. Yonex i E-Zone

Last edited:
1. AMP Cell - LE Green
2. AMP Cell - Blue
3. AMP Cell - Red
4. AMP Cell - Silver
5. AMP Cell - Orange

So in love with this driver. Find the right shaft and it is money.

1) Callaway Optiforce - Game changer for me, forgiveness, length, and a DAMN good stock shaft too. Not to mention the new Opti-Fit is easy and effective. Expected nothing going in but came away shocked, under the radar performer as the year closed and the rumblings of Bertha came along.

2) Cobra AMP Cell - The improvements on the E9 face were epic, the most cross face forgiving driver of the year, shaft tinkering was necessary to unlock distance though. Sleeper of the year, if you got people to TRY it, they were shocked time and again.

3) Callaway XHOT Pro - Best sounding/feeling driver put out in YEARS and the benchmark to what all drivers should sound like. Decent cross face forgiveness and good distance.

4) Cleveland Classic Custom - A nice step from the Classic, unique murdered out look, LONG for me, decently forgiving for my miss, and a unique sound.

5) Callaway RFE - Aesthetically blissful. Great sound/feel, long, lower spinning, not the most forgiving across the face for me. Needed some shaft help too for me.

1) Covert Tour
2) SLDR
3) 913d3
4) RAZR Fit Xtreme
5) I-EZONE

Top 5 Drivers of 2013

Based on what I hit in 2013. I hope these are 2013 clubs.

Callaway RFE

Callaway Optiforce 440

Whatever Fister model was tested on THP

Cobra Amp Cell (must be blue)

TM R1

Edit: I need to add the Yonex I-EZone to this list. It would be #4, followed by Cobra and knocking R1 out of the top 5.

1. FT Optiforce 440 - I had the chance to swing Big Times a week or two ago and really loved the feel. And after watching him stripe the ball during two rounds playing with him, I was extremely impressed. Would definitely like to spend some time with this one.
2. R1 - I have take a few swings with this one on the course. Felt fantastic. Really would like to have been able to spend some time with this and got it dialed in to see what kind of performance I could have got from it. Have been watching Cookie have some great results with this one all year.
3. Razr Fit Xtreme - Have not had any experience with this one. Just have seen many great reviews on this one. Sounds like a winner for a lot of THP'rs.
4. Amp Cell Pro - Have not had any experience with this one. Just have seen many great reviews on this one. Sounds like a winner for a lot of THP'rs.
5. Stage 2 - I have had this on the course for a very limit amount of time to demo. Really think the face on this is extreme hot. Would love to have spent more time with this one. It definitely produced some serious ball speed off the face.

Based on what I hit in 2013. I hope these are 2013 clubs.

Callaway RFE

Callaway Optiforce 440

Whatever Fister model was tested on THP

Cobra Amp Cell (must be blue)

TM R1

Edit: I need to add the Yonex I-EZone to this list. It would be #4, followed by Cobra and knocking R1 out of the top 5.

The Barely Know Her Model 1 was a lot of fun.

I spent a few months looking for a new driver and tested a bunch of them. Here's my list:

1. R1. Likely the biggest game changer club I've owned. Very forgiving, easy to hit far and lots of adjustability.

2. 913D2. Improvements on the 910 were minor but effective. Great feel and sound at impact.

3. X Hot. I really liked the Razr X and the X Hot felt like a Porsche version of it. Very easy distance here.

4. Cleveland Custom Classic XL. I could hit this straight all day, just not as far as I wanted. Still, I'll take straight over far any day.

5. Covert. I could swing away and hard with this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1. Callaway x hot pro
2. Titleist 913 D3
3. TM rbz stage 2 driver
4. Callaway RAZR Fit xtreme
5. Nike Covert Tour

My top 5:

1. Cleveland Classic XL/XL Custom
2. Cobra Amp Cell
3. Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
4. Callaway XHot Pro
5. TaylorMade R1

1. Taylormade R1 (As much as it pains me to say)
2. Cobra Amp Cell
3. Callaway RFE
4. Ping G25
5. Callaway X Hot

Cobra Amp Cell x 5 for me

My top 5 based on what I tried out

1. AMP Cell - like others have said before this is a forgiveness distance beast! Find the right shaft & the ball jumps.
2. Callaway Optiforce- this was neck & neck with Cobra. I could easily game this if not for the comfort level I found with the AC
3. Callaway XHot- Great driver with forgiveness, but not as much as AC
4. Nike Covert- could not get past the sound at impact, but a good offering
5. Taylormade- R1 never hit it, but many here praise it so figured it deserves the top 5

1) R1
2) RFE
3) AMP cell
4) Classic XL

That's all I spent a decent amount of time with that were 2013 offerings.

My opinion:

1) Titleist 913 D2
2) Callaway Optiforce 440
3) Yonex i E-Zone
4) TaylorMade SLDR
5) Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme

1. Taylormade R1
2. Cobra Amp Cell Pro
3. Titleist 913 D3
4. Cleveland XL Custom
5. Ping G25

1. Callaway Xhot
2. Cobra amp cell
3. Cleveland classic x
4. Titleist 913 D2
5. Nike covert

1:Cobra Amp Cell
2:ping G25
3:Callaway Xhot
4:Taylormade SLDR
5:Cleveland Classic XL

1) Callaway Optiforce - Game changer for me, forgiveness, length, and a DAMN good stock shaft too. Not to mention the new Opti-Fit is easy and effective. Expected nothing going in but came away shocked, under the radar performer as the year closed and the rumblings of Bertha came along.

2) Cobra AMP Cell - The improvements on the E9 face were epic, the most cross face forgiving driver of the year, shaft tinkering was necessary to unlock distance though. Sleeper of the year, if you got people to TRY it, they were shocked time and again.

3) Callaway XHOT Pro - Best sounding/feeling driver put out in YEARS and the benchmark to what all drivers should sound like. Decent cross face forgiveness and good distance.

4) Cleveland Classic Custom - A nice step from the Classic, unique murdered out look, LONG for me, decently forgiving for my miss, and a unique sound.

5) Callaway RFE - Aesthetically blissful. Great sound/feel, long, lower spinning, not the most forgiving across the face for me. Needed some shaft help too for me.

Couldn't agree more with your thoughts about the x hot.

1. Taylormade SLDR - Still regret not buying this when I had a chance, thing is a beast for me.
2. Ping G25 - Most forgiving driver I've ever hit.
3. Cobra Amp Cell - Best all rounder in terms of fitting an extremely wide range of golfers, including myself.
4. Callaway Xhot - The one out of the bunch I wish I spent more time with. Just long.
5. Nike Covert - I never actually hit this one though, this is simply because it's the first driver Nike has released in awhile that created a stir and had people talking.

Back