Bridgestone J40 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

You know, I can't remember if I teed it up when I played it outdoors or not. I'm guessing I didn't or I'd remember it.

Carry distances on the Vector are 190-200 for me, depending on how well I hit it, and then whatever roll comes with that. It's actually going to gap very well with my irons, though I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a few more yards out of it.

Thats a great distance man, thats exactly what I need

Im contemplating going 2 and 4 H for the MC, as right now my 5I is 180ish, and I was using a mashie 7W for 195-200

I certainly think it will offer me more options going that way without costing me a wedge on the back end.

and im also banking on picking up some distance through becoming more flexible and some lessons

Thats a great distance man, thats exactly what I need

Im contemplating going 2 and 4 H for the MC, as right now my 5I is 180ish, and I was using a mashie 7W for 195-200

I certainly think it will offer me more options going that way without costing me a wedge on the back end.

and im also banking on picking up some distance through becoming more flexible and some lessons

That sounds like a very solid plan and exactly what I would do if I had the chance to do it over again.

That sounds like a very solid plan and exactly what I would do if I had the chance to do it over again.

Yeah, I went most of this year with no hybrids, and it hurt me a ton. Used to love them, then started pushing balls right and decided to just drop them out of bag, the mashie 7W has been money more times than not.

And im faily certain Im going with no 4I for the MC which leaves me the ability to carry 2 hybrids without leaving gaps anywhere

Your distances are pretty much what I expect as well, so it sounds like it will work well for you buddy. As easy as the 3h is to hit, I have to wonder about the 2h myself, though I think it would make my 5w obsolete.

If I could count on this club for an accurate and reliable 200 yards, it will be a big deal for me. I think I'll really start using it off the tee more often than I have used hybrids in the past.

Your distances are pretty much what I expect as well, so it sounds like it will work well for you buddy. As easy as the 3h is to hit, I have to wonder about the 2h myself, though I think it would make my 5w obsolete.

If I could count on this club for an accurate and reliable 200 yards, it will be a big deal for me. I think I'll really start using it off the tee more often than I have used hybrids in the past.

Gosh you guys are really making me ponder some J40 hybrid love!

Are you carrying a hybrid now, Gray?

Are you carrying a hybrid now, Gray?

Heck that's all I carry in my bag as fairway woods are about as useless as boobs on a boar hog for me :pig:. I currently have a 3 & 4 hybrid in my bag and pondering a 1h in the 16 degree range.

THe hybrids are going to be a big conversation point today with the fitter. Presently I have two 3h's (found one at the local golf store and then found on one here at a great price), one with a stiff Motore shaft one with a regular Proforce V2. I only got the Proforce cause I had thought for my swing speed I needed a regular flex. I did not notice anything strange till I had them together on the range, the Motors shaft is 1-2 inches shorter than the regular one. I see to hit the shorter shafted club alot better, straighter, longer and I feel more comfortable so I want to see some numbers and let them help me make a decision that has pretty much been made. I never considered length of clubs when I think about getting fit but int he last week or so I am really pondering it for my entire set.

Heck that's all I carry in my bag as fairway woods are about as useless as boobs on a boar hog for me :pig:. I currently have a 3 & 4 hybrid in my bag and pondering a 1h in the 16 degree range.

You crack me up. I think it's a solid little hybrid. The PX shaft is much better than I expected.

THe hybrids are going to be a big conversation point today with the fitter. Presently I have two 3h's (found one at the local golf store and then found on one here at a great price), one with a stiff Motore shaft one with a regular Proforce V2. I only got the Proforce cause I had thought for my swing speed I needed a regular flex. I did not notice anything strange till I had them together on the range, the Motors shaft is 1-2 inches shorter than the regular one. I see to hit the shorter shafted club alot better, straighter, longer and I feel more comfortable so I want to see some numbers and let them help me make a decision that has pretty much been made. I never considered length of clubs when I think about getting fit but int he last week or so I am really pondering it for my entire set.

Sounds like somebody reshafted them or ordered them custom?

That's a good thing to think about Rhino.

Sounds like somebody reshafted them or ordered them custom?

That's a good thing to think about Rhino.

Yea one of the draw backs to scouring through the used bins at the golf store. But I tell you I am really hitting that shorter one very well. I saw I can order my woods and hybrids up to 1" shorter so I just might. Like I always say I will sacrifice some distance for better accuracy, although at least with this hybrid I have, there is no shortage in distance.

The longer I play, the shorter I want my woods and hybrids. I don't blame you at all.

Heck dude pull out ya hack saw and trim that sucker off an inch or two :thumb:

Heck dude pull out ya hack saw and trim that sucker off an inch or two :thumb:

That will be my discussion with the fitter guy today. It really does not make sense that I should even worry about that club ( with the R Flex shaft) cause I hit the other one so well. But I am going to see what he says. I hope to come out of this fitting with a little bit more understanding about shafts and flex and such. I know more now than I did a couple of years ago but unfortunately I am still very lost on the subject.

That will be my discussion with the fitter guy today. It really does not make sense that I should even worry about that club ( with the R Flex shaft) cause I hit the other one so well. But I am going to see what he says. I hope to come out of this fitting with a little bit more understanding about shafts and flex and such. I know more now than I did a couple of years ago but unfortunately I am still very lost on the subject.

You're playing in the big show (Morgan Cup) buddy so you got to have the proper gear in ya bag! Good luck with your fitting :thumb:

Yeah I think Ive only hit the 3H thus far, at a goLf Shop in Myrtle, I think my average was 213, almost as far as I was hitting the 3 W off the deck lol

If those distances are even close, then Id love to be able to get 210-220 from the 2H and 195-205 from the 4H

Yeah I think Ive only hit the 3H thus far, at a goLf Shop in Myrtle, I think my average was 213, almost as far as I was hitting the 3 W off the deck lol

If those distances are even close, then Id love to be able to get 210-220 from the 2H and 195-205 from the 4H

Dang. Now you have me thinking about a 2h.

is that overlap with your F5?

Yea, but I don't know how much longer I'm going to keep it around anyway. I like it fine, but I'm ready to try something new I think.

Honestly, I still really want to hit the Super LS.

Yea, but I don't know how much longer I'm going to keep it around anyway. I like it fine, but I'm ready to try something new I think.

Honestly, I still really want to hit the Super LS.

plus its a new year :)

I like seeing this thread come up and reading about the setup pondering. Just found out that my wife tracked down a 4h for me as a thank you for buying her new floors. Should be interesting to see how it gaps with the 3 and my irons.

I like seeing this thread come up and reading about the setup pondering. Just found out that my wife tracked down a 4h for me as a thank you for buying her new floors. Should be interesting to see how it gaps with the 3 and my irons.

Ive seen better trade offs :)

Will be interested to see how it shapes up distance wise with your F5 too

Ive seen better trade offs :)

Will be interested to see how it shapes up distance wise with your F5 too

Lol no doubt. :D

So far the 3h has settled into my old F7 slot, so that's good I think. Who knows down the road. If I didn't love my F5 I'd have more options. It stays though as its one of my favorite clubs. Could pull the 3h if the gaps are too tight but I've got room to play right now with only carrying three wedges.

Man. So far I really like the J40 hybrid. Maybe one of my best purchases in the last couple years. Perfect look to it and it's really easy to hit hard. Might not be the longest hybrid I've hit, but between indoor and outdoor testing, I am loving what I'm seeing with the ball height and dispersion. Now I'm starting to really like the sound as well.

I really like hearing that. As much as some of the previous Bridgestone staffers have talked about the sound I am really anxious to find out what these sound like.

Very muted and a little high pitched. Almost the opposite of the Mashie, which took a little getting used to. I like it though. It's such a nice hybrid. Dead sexy.

Back