Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly dude! 588 TTs were slightly a bit heavier in the head than what I saw in the DPCs, so I think that a slightly heavier shaft will pair well with it. But, at the same time, the stock shafts in these was nothing to turn my nose up on at all. Solid performance out of those today, even with the crazy wind we were in on the back 9.

You got me curious man.. D1 swingweight in the DPCs to D3 in the MT/TT's... Very interesting.

Just gotta find the right flex! S+'s in CT's may be it dude. Just a random thought.

If the Tour X doesn't put me in the flight/spin ratio that I'm looking for, I'm betting you're dead on. C-Tapers are beast. S+ goodness.

You got me curious man.. D1 swingweight in the DPCs to D3 in the MT/TT's... Very interesting.
I didnt know what to expect coming in to them, and I have long said that it would take an awesome set of irons to knock the DPCs out of the bag...well, I may have found them.

I really want a new driver.. And new irons.. I was hitting those cally x-forged mb's so well..

Dang you War. I'm pondering Cleveland 588 TTs. I need to hit them, NOW! I really thought I was set on getting the CBs for the MC but I'm honestly up in the air now. I like it. A little fitting/demoing will make my decision for me.

Dang you War. I'm pondering Cleveland 588 TTs. I need to hit them, NOW! I really thought I was set on getting the CBs for the MC but I'm honestly up in the air now. I like it. A little fitting/demoing will make my decision for me.

You considering a combo or set on a single type of irons buddy? I know you've had experience with combos before..

You considering a combo or set on a single type of irons buddy? I know you've had experience with combos before..

Honestly I was planning on just going with 4-PW 588 CBs. As much as I would LOVE a combo set with the MBs, I don't think I'd gain anything with the MBs that the CBs can't do. And obviously the CBs would be a little more forgiving, or should be. But I'm liking the sounds of the TTs so far, I just need to get them in my hands to see them and hit them.

Honestly I was planning on just going with 4-PW 588 CBs. As much as I would LOVE a combo set with the MBs, I don't think I'd gain anything with the MBs that the CBs can't do. And obviously the CBs would be a little more forgiving, or should be. But I'm liking the sounds of the TTs so far, I just need to get them in my hands to see them and hit them.
What are you thinking Dan?

After having played the 2.0's all summer, I'm ready to get away from ultra forgiving irons and back into an iron I can count on... I believe I've got a pretty repetitive swing and I found the 2.0's to be really, really unreliable in terms of playing my stock draw.

With that in mind, I had discussed going MB/CB combo, but I think at this point it's pretty much CB all the way. Seeing those 588TCs on twitter definitely got my interest way up, but I think the smart thing to do here is go with my gut and play the awesome CBs. Seems like the MT/TT lines are going to be well represented, which is great and what I want to see (us covering all their offerings). Maybe the MB PW/9 might sneak into my bag.. Who knows.

I agree with you in terms of gaining things in the MB/CB range.. I can't think the impact would be THAT great. Also agree that in hand opinion is MUCH more valuable.

Seems like we're thinking along the same lines Dan. While I'm up in the air, my gut says CBs, so it's going to take something special in the TTs to sway me. I don't ever want to regret my choice.

Seems like we're thinking along the same lines Dan. While I'm up in the air, my gut says CBs, so it's going to take something special in the TTs to sway me. I don't ever want to regret my choice.

Nice dude.. Any shafts leading the charge right now? Are you getting fitted?

Nice dude.. Any shafts leading the charge right now? Are you getting fitted?

Yea I'm going to get fitted, not sure when quite yet. I've got KBS Tours in my irons now (Pro Combos) and love them. Thats what I'd go with if I had to place the order now. The fitting will determine everything though. How about you? What shafts are you thinking and are you getting fitted?

Yea I'm going to get fitted, not sure when quite yet. I've got KBS Tours in my irons now (Pro Combos) and love them. Thats what I'd go with if I had to place the order now. The fitting will determine everything though. How about you? What shafts are you thinking and are you getting fitted?

Definitely.. Whichever place locally here has a Cleveland cart and Trackman, I'm on it.. Might even do the entire bag.

I've been playing X100's, stock Burner 2.0s (yeah, huh..), and recently acquired some KBS Tours in X. Pretty excited to check them out, but I think as it stands the C-Tapers are the front runners (in S+) due to their online fitting and having hit the X in the Adams CMBs. Pretty excited to see spin numbers and distances on trackman with a bunch of them.

That's awesome man. The C-tapers in S+ are most likely out of my league but they sure sound nice. I'm definitely doing a full bag fitting. I'm loving the Kusala Black in the Classic but would love to get some numbers and find a shaft that is ideal for me.

That's awesome man. The C-tapers in S+ are most likely out of my league but they sure sound nice. I'm definitely doing a full bag fitting. I'm loving the Kusala Black in the Classic but would love to get some numbers and find a shaft that is ideal for me.

C-Tapers excite me.. Less fluid but the reduced spin seems incredibly ideal.

I can't wait to see what shafts you try out.. While the Kusala is an amazing shaft line, the JDL and B.Asha are not to be ignored!

I cannot get the thought of X-Forged's w/ C-Tapers, and an RBZ2 9* w/ a Kai'li 80 out of my head. I need help.

C takers don't sound appealing to me at all. Lower and less spin? Not for me!

TTing

my ball flight goes further up than it does long. just ask Tequila4Kapp.

C takers don't sound appealing to me at all. Lower and less spin? Not for me!

haha you must loathe DG shafts..

I see it more like lower flight and ideal spin. To each their own for sure.

But I'm actually thinking about going with aero techs

TTing

Boom! Me too. It will be the Aerotechs or fingers are crossed that the new Recoils are offered. They have UST driver shafts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back