How many shots do you have in your bag?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
I was listening to the Waste Management Open on PGA Tour radio and they were describing the shots the guys were hitting. It got me thinking if I could have e hit that shot or would I have been forced to hit another shot. I then started taking stock in the number of different shots I have in my bag.

From tee to green I wonder what the average is for an average player. Pros have a lot but not all, how many do you have?

Full shot, pitch, chip, and putt. Haha.

Er. This could be a weird number.

After alot of thinking, I'd say somewhere around 35.

Depends on the day. But I would say I have probably 4-5 that I could hit on command and some others that are more special situation shots that have a percentage of success.

Good question though. Interested to see some of the answers in here.

85 on average? Haha

Probably 4 or 5, low, high, left, right, and straight.

I guess I should call them out:

Draw, fade, straight, high draw, power fade, low running fade and draw, stinger, knock down, punch, lob, pitch, chip, bump and run, low checker, dead hand, ice cream scoop. Any others?

Oh geez.....I have straight and "pray".
So that's two shots I have.

Draw, fade, straight, high draw, power fade, low running fade and draw, stinger, knock down, punch, lob, pitch, chip, bump and run, low checker, dead hand, ice cream scoop. Any others?

I don't even know what half of those are. I'm getting more comfortable hitting different shots lately, still a long way to go

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Oh I thought you meant with each club. Like 1 with my driver 2 with my 3 wood Maybe 4 shots with my 58, etc.

If we're just doing stock shots, probably 12 or so.

What about the ground hook wedge shot?

I actually never thought of how many shots there were in golf that are needed

whats an ice cream scoop?

Open the blade on a tight lie. Ball will go maybe 5 feet. A scoop essentially. At least, that's what I think it is.

I have 2 shots.
1) Good
2) WTH was that?!?!?!

Set the hands in front of the wedge head and hold the angle through the entire swing. The club face is open and you don't release after impact. The ball comes out soft, great for short sides shots.

What I think = all of them

What I really have = 6.

Set the hands in front of the wedge head and hold the angle through the entire swing. The club face is open and you don't release after impact. The ball comes out soft, great for short sides shots.

sounds like my chip shot but with a full swing.... might have to try this out.

From the tee or on longer approach shots; not many, maybe 2-3.

With the wedges and around the greens I get pretty creative.

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

sounds like my chip shot but with a full swing.... might have to try this out.

I play my chips back in my stance with a square club face to keep it low. This is middle with open face.

I have no clue. But I can say that right now I can hit the ball with a slight draw, straight, or fade with the driver on demand. Oh and I can top the ball really well also.

I have the Draw, fade, knock down, punch, chip, bump and run, pitch and all the various misses when I don't execute them.

I have a lot of shots, but intentionally....fade or straight off the tee with a forlorn hope draw. Straight with the irons and occasionally working draws. Chip, pitch, bump and run.

Other than that, they're accidents.

3 intentional, accidental and hopeful.

Basicly they are all spray and prey.

Back