ATLGolfer

#ATLClive75
Reaction score
Handicap
If ever a thread needed to be created in the Food & Drink thread, it's the Doughnut Thread.

I'm a huge doughnut guy. It's probably the best thing ever created. But, I also like local and I like creative. The hope is to have a thread where everyone can share their favorite doughnut places and give a point of reference for THPers who are traveling and in need of an awesome doughnut.

This has the potential of being a really awesome thread.

Last edited:
I am a Krispy Kreme fan. Love them.

There was a place on Man vs. food where they cut doughnuts with a 5 gallon bucket.

Oh boy!

Here we have a place called cops and doughnuts where come retired cops bought a doughnut shop.

They have a custard longjohn frosted with 3 strips of BACON on it.

Let me repeat that..... THEY HAVE A DOUGHNUT WITH BACON ON IT!!!!

dy4ure3e.jpg

I am a Krispy Kreme fan. Love them.
My wife and I always get Krispy Kreme when we go to Kansas City or St. Louis nothing like a fresh doughnut, but the ones in the gas station are not near as good. We have a local shop that has excellent specialty doughnuts, but there cake doughnuts are horrible. I also found a place in Nashville that had the best doughnut I ever have had it was by the airport, but can't remember the name.

Doughnuts might be my biggest diet weakness. Chocolate covered anything is great, and pudding filled is even better!

Krispy Kreme glazed donuts. This is what I get, whenever I get donuts, which isn't too often!

krispy.kreme.biz.jpg

I love some Krispy Kreme. Dunkin' Doughnuts, too.

But, my favorite place is probably Sublime Doughnuts in Atlanta. Their stuff is just ridiculous.

There are actually several really good places in Atlanta for doughnuts. I'll try to put them in the thread as I go to each place. The thread makes for a perfect excuse to go.

There was a place on Man vs. food where they cut doughnuts with a 5 gallon bucket.

Oh boy!

Here we have a place called cops and doughnuts where come retired cops bought a doughnut shop.

They have a custard longjohn frosted with 3 strips go BACON on it.

Let me repeat that..... THEY HAVE A DOUGHNUT WITH BACON ON IT!!!!

dy4ure3e.jpg

Where have I seen this before? Oh yeah! Haha

I love Tim Hortons doughnuts and the old ma and pops stores around here (love supporting local). Gotta have chocolate though

We have a local spot here call Shipley's....fresh glazed donuts in the AM are awesome. I have always been a Dunkin Donut guy. Their cinnamon or powdered sugar donuts holes are awesome with coffee. Thanks ATL I think I know where breakfast will be tomorrow AM.

Leonard's Bakery in Honolulu makes the best things everr though. Malasadas! And their store is right down the street from where my grandparents lived. We went there almost every day when we visited in 1970!

If you go to Oahu, you GOTTA go here!

Leonards1.jpg

malasadaslide05-890x398.jpg

dsc04742.jpg

ahhhh I love doughnuts. I miss some of the random little places we had in Oxnard when I lived down in Cali. Some great little spots. Look forward to seeing about spots you guys like.

Theres a local mom and pop shop near me been around since my parents were little kids, i won't eat dunkin donuts or krispy creme because i grew up on homemade fresh ones i love boston creme from there and they make peanutbutter whip creme center with chocolate on top which are the BOMB! i'm a donut junkie i can eat a dozen without a problem i'd love to try that Voodoo donut freddie posted they look freaking good!

I love glazed and especially the warm ones

I'm partial to Krispy Kreme Glazed. There is a local place here in Orlando that has pretty awesome doughnuts. One of the guys from the office brought them in and they just melt in your mouth. That good!!

Strangely, I have never had a Krispy Kreme ever.

I do love a good apple fritter or even just a proper cake doughnut.

Tatonut in Ocean Springs, MS is the best donut I've ever had. They use potato flakes in their donuts & they are amazing.

When get over to Shreveport for work I always bring donuts back! Yum!!! Locally, there is a franchise called Daylight Donuts. They're the best around here! But, I'll eat maple frosted and double-chocolate cake donuts ANYWHERE!!!

We had Daylight for the first time down in Gulf Shores, AL a few years ago, and they were awesome...fast forward two years later and they opened one here in town. My boys absolutely favorite place, and the do have a lot of tasty options.

We have a local bakery that I like better, but they are so fresh that they are stale the second day.

If your ever in this part of New York...this is a must...wow!

http://doughnutplant.com/

Just make sure you get there in the AM...lines can form early and once they are sold out of the day's makings they close....YES, they can do that they are so good!

1480569_10200460602396711_739563904_n.jpg

Timbits = best. Especially if you can find the rare cinnamon dusted ones.

We have a local spot here call Shipley's....fresh glazed donuts in the AM are awesome. I have always been a Dunkin Donut guy. Their cinnamon or powdered sugar donuts holes are awesome with coffee. Thanks ATL I think I know where breakfast will be tomorrow AM.
Shipley's here too. Most locals call it the favorite. Not me, though. The donuts are ALWAYS wet with oil/grease! Yuck!

Back