Looks good Jman! What kind of oil cloth are you using? I've been known to wipe my Betti down with a silica cloth.

Pondering some wedge stamping and filling. My pops has some 1/8" stamps that are just begging to be used. Question is what to write. I'm thinking of just going with initials, but haven't decided.

Very nice. Is that a Testers paint?

Looks good Jman! What kind of oil cloth are you using? I've been known to wipe my Betti down with a silica cloth.

On topic, pondering some wedge stamping and filling. My pops has some 1/8" stamps that are just begging to be used. Question is what to write. I'm thinking of just going with initials, but haven't decided.

Yep, silicone cloth that is for my damascus Lajosi and black-ox TP Mills. It works well on the M9 to polish it up because its not a PVD finish. I'll shoot a pic tonight. Looks way better now cleaned up.

Very nice. Is that a Testers paint?
Its actually some airbrush paint that I found. clearcoated it last night, looks great, especially with the lime SuperStroke ultra's I put on them!

Jman I'm jealous. I've been thinking about filling the Red with Lime Green on my SeeMore as well. I have the RBZ bag and will be switching to the white and lime super stroke as well! Looks awesome.

Great jobs on the putters Bradley and Jman!

LtEvO TaPpEd

My two this weekend, removed the paint in the RST's and replaced with THP colors. Its actually a pearlescent lime green, so the swirls look different in the pic's. Also, this was pre-cleanup on the M9 PR, after going over it with my oil cloth its puuuuuuuuurtty.

DSC_0697_zps60965e0a.jpg

DSC_0696_zps5368a686.jpg

Way cool Jman, very nice

Those look great Jman.

I'm having very little luck with acetone removing paintfill..

I've heard that paint removing gel is a viable option so I'm going to track some of that down and give it a shot.

I've heard that paint removing gel is a viable option so I'm going to track some of that down and give it a shot.

Acetone helps once you've cracked into the original paint. I would recommend a metal pick. You can find them at a Harbor Freight store, they come in a set of 5 I believe and are angled differently for tough to reach jobs. I tried pins, tooth picks, steel nails but none compare to an actual metal pick for pulling original paint. Hope that helps.

I use the gel myself. Got it from Lowes, I venture it will last way beyond my golf playing days haha

Acetone helps once you've cracked into the original paint. I would recommend a metal pick. You can find them at a Harbor Freight store, they come in a set of 5 I believe and are angled differently for tough to reach jobs. I tried pins, tooth picks, steel nails but none compare to an actual metal pick for pulling original paint. Hope that helps.

I'm looking for a faster/easier process than picking.. I am hoping the gel is the solution, else maybe paintfill isn't for me haha!

I use the gel myself. Got it from Lowes, I venture it will last way beyond my golf playing days haha

What is the brand?

Crown Tuff-Strip

So they didn't have that stuff at Home Depot here, and I'd heard good things about Citristrip so I picked up a small(er) container of it. About 12 bucks.

It's a goo that you let sit on your clubs and it breaks down the paint.. Been on for a couple hours now (they say anywhere from 15 mins to 24 hours) so I'm going to give it the full 24 on my 58* xFT to see if any of the following happen:

1 - Ruins finish
2 - Makes paint easily come off
3 - Causes any other strange thing to happen

I'll be sure to weigh in afterwards. There is optimism that it'll work well though.. I've checked on it a couple times with a safety pin and the paint is definitely breaking up.

My two this weekend, removed the paint in the RST's and replaced with THP colors. Its actually a pearlescent lime green, so the swirls look different in the pic's. Also, this was pre-cleanup on the M9 PR, after going over it with my oil cloth its puuuuuuuuurtty.

DSC_0697_zps60965e0a.jpg

DSC_0696_zps5368a686.jpg

Wow just wow!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I've used my wife's pink gloss nail polish and it still looks great after a full season.

So they didn't have that stuff at Home Depot here, and I'd heard good things about Citristrip so I picked up a small(er) container of it. About 12 bucks.

It's a goo that you let sit on your clubs and it breaks down the paint.. Been on for a couple hours now (they say anywhere from 15 mins to 24 hours) so I'm going to give it the full 24 on my 58* xFT to see if any of the following happen:

1 - Ruins finish

I'll be sure to weigh in afterwards. There is optimism that it'll work well though.. I've checked on it a couple times with a safety pin and the paint is definitely breaking up.

That is what I used on my old ATV's...took about 3 hours and it came right off.

No damage to the finish of the club; however, be absolutely sure your protective source under the club is secure. Took the laminate and top layer of wood off my table (size of a dime...one drop)! Yes....I know, what was I doing it on the table for! Good question!!

May have to try the stuff Jman used if it works faster.

I use Tal-Strip and it takes all the paint off without damaging the finish. Works in like 20 minutes, most of the time a lot less.

I use Tal-Strip and it takes all the paint off without damaging the finish. Works in like 20 minutes, most of the time a lot less.

Yup, what I'm using is pretty much the same. 15-20 minutes and its good to go.

So I tried the acetone option on the TaylorMade xFT and it was a weak effort. Nothing doing. Went and got some Citristrip and let it sit for a couple hours. Cleared half+ off. Added a second coat and gave it a run a couple hours after that, and it's all good to go now!

Weird though.. I next dropped some citrustrip onto my j33 3 iron and let it sit for about an hour. Went to wipe it off to get digging with a pin and the paint basically fell off with it! Very awesome.

I think I have a winner in Citrustrip. It works extremely well and actually kind of smells good!

1 - Ruins finish

In results...

1 - Nope!
2 - YES!
3 - Nope!

Citrustrip is a winner!

20130206_233342.jpg

That stuff I need to try! It took hours with acetone last time I cleaned a wedge.

Castor, it's awesome buddy. Worked like a charm for me.

Here's the final product on the 3 iron I was messing with.. Probably need to clean the B up a little bit, but I'm impressed with how decent it came out.

20130207_082518.jpg

Looks good dan!

Looks good dan!

I appreciate that buddy -- Spent most of my evening with them between pulls and paint strip/fill but it was a blast. Getting a surprising amount of joy out of doing all this.

I also have been reminded just how much I love the look of these j33 irons.

I appreciate that buddy -- Spent most of my evening with them between pulls and paint strip/fill but it was a blast. Getting a surprising amount of joy out of doing all this.

I also have been reminded just how much I love the look of these j33 irons.

Inspirational to see all to great work! I have a set that I won't be playing much if ever. But it's one I can't let go of. I think it's time to try my hand at it. Those J33's look sweet

Back