Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

Well. If that isn't a simple/bland headcover that doesn't distinguish the club in anyway.

Well. If that isn't a simple/bland headcover that doesn't distinguish the club in anyway.

Yea, not flashy for sure. I have a Pat Perez boxing glove headcover I've been using for a few years now.

I like it. Blacks blends in easy. So question for the crowd, or Blugold, the Tour version is a 430cc head correct? And the non-tour has a 460cc?

I like it. Blacks blends in easy. So question for the crowd, or Blugold, the Tour version is a 430cc head correct? And the non-tour has a 460cc?

Correct

Ddec beat me to it. It is not only smaller, but there more weight in the club head and its closer to the face.

There is nothing good about that head cover

Wow not a fan of that HC at all!

Tapping away on my S3

I like the HC, it would go perfectly with the rest of my bag.

The Covert Ponder bug has started again...if the cavity back really does help with dispersion and adjustability helps my crap swing and if there is any extra yardage to squeeze out of a driver then it has to be good, right?

I need to spend some time on Trackman with this and my current gamer. Truth be told, I'm skeptical the Covert would be too significant an improvement, if any at all. Only one way to tell...

I have made my fondness of this driver very known. So, with that in mind...

I don't understand that disdain for the head cover. I have only been holding for 5 serious years. I have never once hit a drive with the head cover still on the club. Also, the club I named "Covert". And as bold as the club is, the head cover is very discreet. Almost...covert...

About the head cover... If what looks like embroidery is; then I have concerns about durability.
I do like how the side graphics are asymmetrical, and I'll buy into the covert theme.

Maybe it's just me, but a headcover really doesn't bother me or affect my opinion about a club. Especially with a driver since I use an aftermarket cover. With that being said, I do not see any durability issues with the headcover at all. Also, from reading most of the comments since this thread started, it seems as tho a lot of folks believe that this driver is supposed to magically change their game to 300 yard drives striped down the center of the fairway. And after hitting some balls with it in a sim for a few minutes and not seeing those numbers, they say it's a horrible driver. Well if there was that "one" driver that did that for everyone than I'm sure we would all game it no matter the brand. It's definitely not a "magic" club for me(at least not yet), but my numbers improved compared to my previous driver and I like everything about it. No it's not fur everyone, but just because it isn't doesn't make it crap.

New Covert Driver advertisement, so funny just watch

[video=youtube;bulLh_-Fal8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bulLh_-Fal8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

that's kind of funny. I like it.

I have a strong urge to hit this. I personally blame Joe for not shutting up about it to me. :alien:

I have a strong urge to hit this. I personally blame Joe for not shutting up about it to me. :alien:

I will fong you.

I will fong you.

GREAT movie. Thank you. Hehe

I do want to go hit it though, I actually really like the red after holding it in person.

GREAT movie. Thank you. Hehe

I do want to go hit it though, I actually really like the red after holding it in person.

It does require some attention. It is a very tidy little package. The red looks good at address. The club just sets up well.

The red did surprise me. I was expecting to hate it and it did not bother me in the least. Won't be above getting it matted though. Blu is absolutely correct though. This club sets up amazing to my eye. I just feel like I can hit the crap out of it

The red did surprise me. I was expecting to hate it and it did not bother me in the least. Won't be above getting it matted though. Blu is absolutely correct though. This club sets up amazing to my eye. I just feel like I can hit the crap out of it

I really liked how it set up for me. I've been telling myself to hold of on a driver since the AMP Cell will be here soon enough, but man I want this thing. I really like the red.

I really liked how it set up for me. I've been telling myself to hold of on a driver since the AMP Cell will be here soon enough, but man I want this thing. I really like the red.

And that price tag of $299 does not help the desire to stay away. So glad that this was not introduced at the $399 price point.

I know what you mean Dean. Kind of silly for me to get this when it will simply be in the garage for the foreseeable future once the J40 gets here. But as Cookie says, for that price, its begging to be purchased. Plus from what I am hearing, if you do want an upgraded shaft, the pricing is very good. For myself, the stock shaft in the Tour model was perfect and is a no charge option for the Performance model. I may hold out until the fall but this will be purchased

And that price tag of $299 does not help the desire to stay away. So glad that this was not introduced at the $399 price point.

tell me about it!

I know what you mean Dean. Kind of silly for me to get this when it will simply be in the garage for the foreseeable future once the J40 gets here. But as Cookie says, for that price, its begging to be purchased. Plus from what I am hearing, if you do want an upgraded shaft, the pricing is very good. For myself, the stock shaft in the Tour model was perfect and is a no charge option for the Performance model. I may hold out until the fall but this will be purchased

I thought you already placed your order?

I thought you already placed your order?

Nope. Was waiting for the official release to see what kind of deals would be had local. I like to purchase local if it is financially feasible. Sometimes trade in bonuses can be quite good.

Nope. Was waiting for the official release to see what kind of deals would be had local. I like to purchase local if it is financially feasible. Sometimes trade in bonuses can be quite good.

There have been some nice trade incentives up here. It doesn't make it any easier to resist

Back