USA Men's Soccer National Team

TheCrest4

#UrbanLumberJack
Reaction score
Handicap
So the Men's team starts it 2014 World Cup Qualifying schedule today at 4pm in Honduras.

I am very excited for this to get going I think what Klinsmann has done in his short stint as coach has been great. He is helping to change the culture of the team here in the USA but for the rest of the world also. I know that soccer in this country has a long way to go but I am confident that he is pushing this team in the right direction.

I am hoping for a win today.

I'm a big national team fan. Hope they get started on a good note today.

I do hate that the game isn't more accessible on TV today though (BeIN Sports).

I'm a big national team fan. Hope they get started on a good note today.

I do hate that the game isn't more accessible on TV today though (BeIN Sports).

Awesome! Glad to hear it. Me too man tough place to play but they can get a result I am sure.

I know I saw that about the TV coverage, I had no idea what that channel is or if I have it. Probably just going to watch the game cast.

Awesome! Glad to hear it. Me too man tough place to play but they can get a result I am sure.

I know I saw that about the TV coverage, I had no idea what that channel is or if I have it. Probably just going to watch the game cast.

If you have directv with the sports pack its channel 620.

If you have directv with the sports pack its channel 620.

BeIN is buying a lot of the US televison rights for global leagues, but I couldn't make myself spend another $15 a month for a few WCQs right now.

Particularly since I would miss the first half today at least due to the early start time.

BeIN is buying a lot of the US televison rights for global leagues, but I couldn't make myself spend another $15 a month for a few WCQs right now.

Particularly since I would miss the first half today at least due to the early start time.

Got ya. I have Verizon FIOS so I will probably be out of luck.

Yeah I am going to miss the first half also work getting in the way. Haha

ya.

I've always had the sports pack for fsc and gol (now bein) since I watch a lot of serie a and some epl.

I hope they win, my wife is a huge hockey fan, but I just can't get into it until the WC!!!

Good to have Omar Gonzales and Timmy Chandler officially cap-tied to the US now.

Well it was a 2 to 1 loss for Team USA Today. I was really hoping that they could get at least a draw but oh well.

Really wish I could have watched the game.

Wow just saw the highlights and now I am glad I didn't watch. The bicycle kick was amazing even though it was against the USA.

I think I started a thread about this a while back. I'm a big USMNT fan.

I think I started a thread about this a while back. I'm a big USMNT fan.

Damn I did some searching earlier and didn't see anything but I easily could have missed it.

Did you see the highlights?

Damn I did some searching earlier and didn't see anything but I easily could have missed it.

Did you see the highlights?

No I haven't yet. I'll watch them a bit later. Sad we lost though. Should have at least escaped with a draw.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is mostly going to be MLS guys.

Not Dempsey, Donovan, Howard, Guzan, Bradley, or Edu. Right?

I almost threw my remote through the TV after the 2nd Honduras goal. My high school soccer team defended better when I played than the US team did on that goal, it was pathetic.

JT723, this game had most of the European-based US players on there. Dempsey, Bradley, and Howard all played. Donovan did not play because he's trying to figure out whether he wants to still keep playing international soccer or not.

They'll turn it around. Honduras is a good squad and it was at Honduras. Alot of matches yet to be played.

No I haven't yet. I'll watch them a bit later. Sad we lost though. Should have at least escaped with a draw.

Yeah I agree a draw would have been nice. Oh well what can ya do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is mostly going to be MLS guys.

Not Dempsey, Donovan, Howard, Guzan, Bradley, or Edu. Right?

No, this is going to be as close to full strength as is available at any given game. Dempsey, Howard, and Bradley were playing today. Donovan isn't sure if he wants to play or retire.

Sorry Ary, I didn't read your reply before I mimicked it

Watching the US defense makes me cringe. I played better defense when I played in HS and college.

I didn't see the game, but was the defense just a case of really having to experience together, particularly since this game offered no real camp time prior to the game (compared to double international date weeks). Thought it was kind of bizarre to start Cameron and Gonzales together when they haven't played together much if at all.

I didn't see the game, but was the defense just a case of really having to experience together, particularly since this game offered no real camp time prior to the game (compared to double international date weeks). Thought it was kind of bizarre to start Cameron and Gonzales together when they haven't played together much if at all.

I don't even know if I could say that as an excuse...it was just like they didn't care

Thanks for starting this thread b/c this is my favorite sports team of all time. Today's game was pathetic and after watching the last two games, I am not very confident that we qualify for the World Cup, which would be the first time since 1986 that we did not qualify. I wish Brek was fully recovered b/c he is a playmaker and always seems provide a spark when we need one.

Thanks for starting this thread b/c this is my favorite sports team of all time. Today's game was pathetic and after watching the last two games, I am not very confident that we qualify for the World Cup, which would be the first time since 1986 that we did not qualify. I wish Brek was fully recovered b/c he is a playmaker and always seems provide a spark when we need one.

I think it is way too early to count out the team qualifying. There are many games to play in a long period, they have almost a month and a half before the next match. The coaches have quite a bit of time to get things sorted out and really get the best roster on the field for this team.

I hope that Donovan figures out what he wants to do because he can help this team if his head is in it.

Back