Wilson Staff Level 2 Vizor Putter

Shakey

#TheGolfWhisperer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 Index
I was browsing Wilson Staff's FG Tour line last night & came across their new version of the Vizor putter. I've never known anyone who actually owned the 1st model, so I'm somewhat surprised they decided to move forward with the concept.

The idea behind the design makes sense, but the 1st generation was just awkward looking. And that's coming from someone who has somewhat of a fetish for ugly putters. IMO, the new generation does do a better job with aesthetics. W/S even admits that the looks of the putter needed to be better than the original.

It's still not mainstream attractive, but it is better than before. The Sabertoothish center shafted Model 4 is probably the only one I'd consider.
http://www.wilson.com/en-au/golf/putters/2209899/

I saw these on twitter I believe and was intrigued. Would enjoy trying one for sure!

I know I am often in the minority, but I like the 'odd' shaped putters. For some reason I seem to putt better with them.

I actually like the looks of that. It's like they took the TM Spider and made it less ugly and obnoxious haha (in case you can't tell, I really hate that thing). Would definitely give it a roll if given the chance!

I know I am often in the minority, but I like the 'odd' shaped putters. For some reason I seem to putt better with them.
:highfive: I feel the same way. I have no confidence in a conventional blade putter.

:highfive: I feel the same way. I have no confidence in a conventional blade putter.

I just can't hit them. I currently have a mid-mallet putter but in the past it's been the extra large eyesores and I love them! I look forward to trying this putter.

I like this putter, I would definitely give it a roll.

Looks like the Odyssey 2 ball Blade and Sabertooth had a baby!

We are about to get an Academy Sports here in Florence. Looks like they carry the W/S line. Will be nice to get to try these locally.

Completly in the same boat with you there. All the odd shaped and weird putters most say are hideous usually find their way to my house.

Any center-shafted mallet will always have my attention, but it's not available LH.

I just can't hit them. I currently have a mid-mallet putter but in the past it's been the extra large eyesores and I love them! I look forward to trying this putter.
I took the Drone that I just won from THP to the putting green at the range Wed. night. I could sense the other people on the practice green recoiling in horror when I got near them with my newest fugly putter. I guess they were worried it my scare their pretty blade putters.:D

I hope THP gets a Vizor M4 in to review. Would love to hear more about it.

Looks too much like some kind of medical appliance to me, couldn't get past that I don't think.

from the wilson link:

"I-Lock Technology provides a visual reminder when the eyes are over the tarrget line"

their target demographic might be more pirate than golfer.

Back