Freddie Need Help with My Swing

coers

@andrewcoers
Reaction score
Groveland,IL Central Illinois/Just south of Peoria
Handicap
Here's a video of my current swing. Looks to me that I am bringing my body back instead of rotating more. Let me know what you think. Thanks

I am not Freddie by any means but one thing I noticed straight off because I struggle with the same thing, is that you drop your head considerably. Try to stabilize that more. I will defer to Freddie for the rest.

Thanks for the reply Ricky, and tips on trying to keep the head from more stabilize?
I am not Freddie by any means but one thing I noticed straight off because I struggle with the same thing, is that you drop your head considerably. Try to stabilize that more. I will defer to Freddie for the rest.

Was going to say the same thing...my Achilles heel as well

Thanks for the reply Ricky, and tips on trying to keep the head from more stabilize?

The only real tip I got was to just focus on it while swinging maybe at like 50%. No ball or actual contact just keep doing it over and over and over until it is ingrained in you. I still struggle with it but when I focus on it, the results are immediate. The problem is that by dipping your head it's extra motion so while your body is doing one thing your head and shoulders are a step behind so then you (me) rush your hands through the zone. I hope that makes sense.

way to keep that left arm straight!!

Freddie Need Help with My Swing

I had to play Shakira 'my hips don't lie' watching that move....lol

3ehasaby.jpg

I like your set up, it's solid. Good foot spacing, nice and talk with good leg flex. Your shoulders should turn level to your waist tilt. Your left shoulder dips immediately upon take away, pull your head down.

hyna5eva.jpg

You've turned the shoulders 90* and transferred your weight but that left shoulder has dipped so low? Changing your swing plan. At this point your swing has become an exercise in timing.

3ygujy3e.jpg

This is pretty solid position except that shoulder had to pull up in order to make space for the club. But you have good left hip clearance. And solid impact position

za5ymeme.jpg

Love that you kept your head down well into your finish. You're a little on top of the ball, but that is a result of your shoulder dropping upon take away. If you turn more level I do feel this swing would be lethal. Great speed through the ball, good angles and solid finish.

[video=youtube_share;zy-dIBw0Y6I]http://youtu.be/zy-dIBw0Y6I[/video]

Last edited:
Thanks Freddie for looking at the video of my swing. I figured maybe you would mention about my dog in the background instead of shakira, but hey I'll take shakira lol... And I will begin to work on that shoulder and try and keep it from dropping down. And just for you to know I always have issue's topping with long clubs and sometimes hitting well before the ball. I will work on this freddie and try my best to improve and post a video in a month. THANKS!!!

I had to play Shakira 'my hips don't lie' watching that move....lol

3ehasaby.jpg

I like your set up, it's solid. Good foot spacing, nice and talk with good leg flex. Your shoulders should turn level to your waist tilt. Your left shoulder dips immediately upon take away, pull your head down.

hyna5eva.jpg

You've turned the shoulders 90* and transferred your weight but that left shoulder has dipped so low? Changing your swing plan. At this point your swing has become an exercise in timing.

3ygujy3e.jpg

This is pretty solid position except that shoulder had to pull up in order to make space for the club. But you have good left hip clearance. And solid impact position

za5ymeme.jpg

Love that you kept your head down well into your finish. You're a little on top of the ball, but that is a result of your shoulder dropping upon take away. If you turn more level I do feel this swing would be lethal. Great speed through the ball, good angles and solid finish.

[video=youtube_share;zy-dIBw0Y6I]http://youtu.be/zy-dIBw0Y6I[/video]

Freddie, correct me if I'm wrong but that right heel lifts up to the point where he's almost on tip toes before impact? Ideally, should he not be pushing off toward to target instead of standing up?

Thanks Freddie for looking at the video of my swing. I figured maybe you would mention about my dog in the background instead of shakira, but hey I'll take shakira lol... And I will begin to work on that shoulder and try and keep it from dropping down. And just for you to know I always have issue's topping with long clubs and sometimes hitting well before the ball. I will work on this freddie and try my best to improve and post a video in a month. THANKS!!!
Standing tall prior to impact will cause the tops and or fat shots. Level turns will change your angle of attack. Be sure to hold the angle created by the club and the left arm.

Freddie, correct me if I'm wrong but that right heel lifts up to the point where he's almost on tip toes before impact? Ideally, should he not be pushing off toward to target instead of standing up?

image_zps8952299c.jpg

Right toe coming off the ground prior to the right knee driving into the ball

image_zpsef6395d4.jpg

Right toe coming up but knee driving toward the ball. If the right foot raises with the knee driving it's not ideal. Some have made a career out of just getting to the right toe and others from driving from the inside of the right foot.

So are you saying my right foot is good or I need to pay attention to it?

So are you saying my right foot is good or I need to pay attention to it?

If like to see what happens with a level shoulder turn. I think it will fix a great deal. I still want you to get the weight on the instep of the right foot

Sounds good, will work on it and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.
If like to see what happens with a level shoulder turn. I think it will fix a great deal. I still want you to get the weight on the instep of the right foot

Hey Freddie got an update of my swing if you can take a look at it and let me know what you think. Thanks!!! [video=youtube;o-_Q3kf9btc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-_Q3kf9btc[/video]

Your hands are behind the ball at address and remain that way through the swing. They,should always be in front of the ball. A straight line from you left shoulder down to the club head. You also have you head down a bit to long as it's slowing your shift from right to left. Once the ball is gone the head should come up. It should all be natural, it looks better but forced

Thanks for looking at this for me Freddie. Will work on my hand position now and get that fixed. Also yeah I got some work on my head and my body trying to keep it natural, I think this has always been a issue with me.
Your hands are behind the ball at address and remain that way through the swing. They,should always be in front of the ball. A straight line from you left shoulder down to the club head. You also have you head down a bit to long as it's slowing your shift from right to left. Once the ball is gone the head should come up. It should all be natural, it looks better but forced

Freddie this is my updated swing what do you think?

Last edited:
Noiw when you say fast hands, what are meaning and what is the benefit for that?
Some fast hands young man,, nice fast hands. That is a great benefit in this game

Coers, the adjustments you've made in this thread from your original video are really impressive buddy. That big dip is a tough thing to talk your body out of, and you've done it in style.

Very nicely done, and Freddie, your guidance pays off for yet another THPer. Awesome work guys. #TeamAlbatross

Your shoulders should turn level to your waist tilt. Your left shoulder dips immediately upon take away, pull your head down.

This quote really hit home with me as I have been getting way too steep on the ball lately and could see my shoulder turn being way too vertical after reading this advice. Today was the 1st time I've been out since reading it, and it was my main focus as I was swinging. My ball striking was so improved today, it wasn't even funny, thanks for the great tip Freddie!

Sorry to threadjack your thread Andrew, but I was so happy with what I saw today I had to comment.

This quote really hit home with me as I have been getting way too steep on the ball lately and could see my shoulder turn being way too vertical after reading this advice. Today was the 1st time I've been out since reading it, and it was my main focus as I was swinging. My ball striking was so improved today, it wasn't even funny, thanks for the great tip Freddie!

Sorry to threadjack your thread Andrew, but I was so happy with what I saw today I had to comment.

No thread jack. These tips I give are for everyone. If it improves your game I'm happy it helped. Keep it up and let us know how it continues

a6u8ahy4.jpg

Nice!!

4yvyqyhy.jpg

Really nice hip clearance!

You have really been working and it shows. You have a similar swing to Adam Scott. He is a bit more upright but you are close. Go pul some video of his swing and mimic his delivery into the ball. You are releasing a tad early but it really does look great.

Back