Newbie looking for advice!

Tom5106

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello, newbie registered on a good forum!

so here it is , got fitted last year for rocketblades in stiff shaft, never had stiff in anything. Absolutely hated them no height at all and they felt like solid bricks no feel at all.
current handicap is 18( have shot 81) best ever. Sold up the taylormades now playing with Ben hogan apex! Which funny enough hit better they are not the most forgiving .
went to local AG and had a go on the mizuno dna
72 5 2 3 4
came up with dynalite xp r300 or the xp105
is it only mizuno that come in these shafts as standard.? Looking for some new irons but to be honest the ones I liked were the benross tour irons but no custom options, any help guys.?

thanks,!

Welcome to paradise! I personally haven;t heard of benross, but did notice that the shafts you were fittind into from the Mizuno system are a decent amount heavier than the stock (85g) shaft in the Rocketbladez. Perhaps you should also ask some of the more experienced guys on here about other "heavy" shaft options that might fit your profile. Best of luck.

Welcome to THP. You might want to start a new thread in the equipment section since this is mainly an introduction thread. Club advice and questions can get lost very easily in here.

Welcome to THP! Did you hit any Mizuno irons? If you're looking for feel they are well worth the money, or pick up a second hand set that is in good condition? I play Mizuno MP-60's they're a bit older but honestly they are great clubs, the feedback is great.

Welcome to THP! Did you hit any Mizuno irons? If you're looking for feel they are well worth the money, or pick up a second hand set that is in good condition? I play Mizuno MP-60's they're a bit older but honestly they are great clubs, the feedback is great.

Cheers for the reply, after playing the Ben hogan everything else felt chunky might pick up the mizuno jpx 800 as they can be had cheapish or are the 825s the way?

The JPX 800 Pro's have a very square topline, that really puts me off, but that's just my opinion. The JPX 825 Pro's return to the standard topline found on the mizzy irons.
The JPX 800 HD and 825 are in my opinion chunky.

Welcome to THP! You'll find a lot of useful info to help you with those equipment choices. Good luck!

:welcome:

Benross makes some good looking irons. What shaft do you have in the Hogans?

Hello, newbie registered on a good forum!

so here it is , got fitted last year for rocketblades in stiff shaft, never had stiff in anything. Absolutely hated them no height at all and they felt like solid bricks no feel at all.
current handicap is 18( have shot 81) best ever. Sold up the taylormades now playing with Ben hogan apex! Which funny enough hit better they are not the most forgiving .
went to local AG and had a go on the mizuno dna
72 5 2 3 4
came up with dynalite xp r300 or the xp105
is it only mizuno that come in these shafts as standard.? Looking for some new irons but to be honest the ones I liked were the benross tour irons but no custom options, any help guys.?

thanks,!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP. Hope you find a better fitter !

Welcome to THP!

Welcome and good luck with club buying

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. Glad you are here!

JM

Back