Military spouse of the year

Paladin

Otter be golfing
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My wife's been nominated to be the 2014 Army spouse of the year. The first step is for her to become the Fort Huachuca spouse of the year, which is a simple majority vote (I believe there are two other nominees). First off, it's an honor to help her do what she does to support the military family and community. She currently works as a Department of Labor contractor teaching the Army Career Alumni Program's job skills workshop. She works with "transitioning" (getting out) service members on completing a resume and provides other insights as they transition to the civilian workforce. As the US Army prepares to reduce it's force by a good amount over the next few years (reductions of nearly 80,000 Soldiers), her assistance in providing these skills will prove ever more valuable. She's been a tireless builder of support for wherever we've called home for the past 7 years, and has done it just because she likes helping people.

Anyhow, you can read her bio and vote for her on the 21st of January by going here: http://msoy.militaryspouse.com/vote/#view/19954/1771427 If there's another branch, or post, or someone you know, give them a vote instead. I really don't think there's such a thing as an unworthy candidate among them. Yes, this is me shamelessly shilling for my wife. But when I realize how much she's done as a military spouse, and how good she's often made me look, I wonder why I don't do it more often. Thanks, everyone.

EDIT: http://militaryspouse.com/articles/msoy14_basesoys?pageNum=6 Rebecca was selected as the Fort Huachuca Spouse of the Year! Thanks to everyone who voted! Next up is Army Spouse of the Year. She'll be interviewed and have to submit some articles and other writing advocating why she should be selected. For now, though, happy wife, happy life!

Last edited:
That is an awesome honor and great what she is doing for the returning service members.

That's cool, congrats to her either way!

Just to make sure I'm voting for the right person: It's Rebecca Alwine, correct? Good luck - we're behind you!

Just to make sure I'm voting for the right person: It's Rebecca Alwine, correct? Good luck - we're behind you!
That's her. Perty, ain't she?

That's her. Perty, ain't she?

Yup. Ya done good! OK, starting tomorrow Rececca Alwine gets my vote. Is it a one-time deal?

Get those votes in! You can click on the link in the OP, which will take you straight to her page and bring up the "vote" button. Easy-peasy! Thanks again, everyone!

I voted for her.

That's awesome even to be nominated.

Voted. Good luck, and thanks to you and your wife for what you guys do.

I voted for her! Well done to your wife, and to you on supporting her!

Done. Glad to help and thank you and your wife for the sacrifices you make to allow us the freedoms we enjoy!

Very cool, she's got my vote!

Voted for her. Congrats to her for being nominated and good luck to her as well.

Done! Mission Accomplished!

Done; Military wives go though more than most can ever imagine, glad to see yours being recognized for the work she's doing to help.

Rebecca and I want to thank you guys for your votes and the support the THP community have shown us and the military in general. I know there are plenty of military guys on the site, from various services, and this site has been an absolute blessing for me, personally, and I see how much support is shown to the other guys. I won't claim to speak for them, but thank you.

Anyhow, they don't release the winners until tomorrow, but I'll update you guys on how it all goes down.

Back