Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

So good looking. Congrats on the purchase.

Just got this bad boy last week! Love the way it hits and it reduced the spin quite a bit compared to my R9.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Looks amazing!!!

Don't be too scared! I have had spin issues with many drivers, but did not have any issues when it came down to the Cell.

Are you worried about ballooning?

Yes and side spin. I am a very high spin player. My misses can get huge if I'm not careful.

Just got this bad boy last week! Love the way it hits and it reduced the spin quite a bit compared to my R9.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Gorgeous club! Enjoy!

Nice thoughts dude. I will take this into account when I order mine. The spin does scare me alittle right now.

Me too man. Today after hitting a ZL with a X stiff shaft and getting 14° launch angles with 1900 spin I was happy...I still love the idea of an AMP Cell Pro, but now...I hesitate...it's a driver, it's suppose to be long, if it's safe & long...better. I might not need to shape my shots with the driver...straight is enough...

Me too man. Today after hitting a ZL with a X stiff shaft and getting 14° launch angles with 1900 spin I was happy...I still love the idea of an AMP Cell Pro, but now...I hesitate...it's a driver, it's suppose to be long, if it's safe & long...better. I might not need to shape my shots with the driver...straight is enough...

Me too. This is exactly where I am. Those numbers are nuts. I need to hit the ZL. And soon.

seeing all these pics and seeing them in person doesn't make the color decision process any easier.
they all look awesome.

Anyone know when the Pro version is going to hit the stores? I really enjoyed played a 445cc head last year and can't wait to hit them side by side. I also think a pop-up protector is going to be a must this year. Gotta keep these beauties looking good.

seeing all these pics and seeing them in person doesn't make the color decision process any easier.
they all look awesome.

1 of each! It's the only way to go

Looking forward to some in hand pictures TH34!

Anyone know when the Pro version is going to hit the stores? I really enjoyed played a 445cc head last year and can't wait to hit them side by side. I also think a pop-up protector is going to be a must this year. Gotta keep these beauties looking good.
They should have already hit the stores. They did last weekend here in Atlanta. Picked one up on tuesday

They should have already hit the stores. They did last weekend here in Atlanta. Picked one up on tuesday

Cool, did you get a chance to hit them side by side. Why did you go pro over the regular version?

Cool, did you get a chance to hit them side by side. Why did you go pro over the regular version?
I actually didn't hit the regular and the pro side by side. I hit the pro side by side with the R1 TP. I just loved how the Kuro Kage shaft felt and how straight the amp cell pro was. I actually returned the R1 that I bought a couple weeks ago, since the PGA Superstore allows you to return something within 30 days. Saved a $100 on something that was performing better for me. The R1 was more of an impulse buy and I don't usually do that especially when I really wanted to test this out too but it wasn't in stores yet. So I felt a little silly returning it but I'm happy with my orange pro. My wife even said I was ridiculous and have a problem. That may be so. A King Cobra Ti offset was my first non-wood driver, so I feel like I am returning to my golfing beginnings with this Cobra.

I recorded 10 shots with the R1 and then 10 shots with the Amp Cell Pro, both set at 9.5° (my favored setting).
First the R1.
image_zps65148604.jpg
[/IMG]

This is with the Amp Cell Pro.
image_zpsb681d0b9.jpg
[/IMG]
As you can see, better numbers across the board with the Amp Cell Pro and I was loving how the shaft was loading and exploding on the ball. And it was more than just the suspect numbers of a simulator it was a feel thing. I just loved the way it felt for the vast majority of shots with it, where as I only loved the way the R1 felt if I pured it.

Those are nice numbers. Thanks for posting those comparison screens

These are gorgeous drivers! Love the blue and the orange ones myself. I saw them at a local Golfsmith recently. Beautiful.

These are gorgeous drivers! Love the blue and the orange ones myself. I saw them at a local Golfsmith recently. Beautiful.

the orange is a lot better than I thought it would be.

Terrific info. Thanks for posting that. Quite a stark contrast between the two.

1 of each! It's the only way to go

i meant just driver alone! i love that Barbados Red, but now that Silver looks so slick!
i guess i will let that come down to standard vs. Pro model, since i wouldn't go with the Orange in the Pro.

i meant just driver alone! i love that Barbados Red, but now that Silver looks so slick!
i guess i will let that come down to standard vs. Pro model, since i wouldn't go with the Orange in the Pro.

the red is great looking. I think that was made for you

the red is great looking. I think that was made for you

could be....
i need to start pondering up shaft options for woods. haven't even given it a thought yet.

Not to throw more at you Ty but is sounds like the blue and red are so popular that the pro version will have them as options as well.

Not to throw more at you Ty but is sounds like the blue and red are so popular that the pro version will have them as options as well.

I have heard that the pro version will be available at some point in Blue.

bonus!

The amp cell pro is nice in any color. Such a solid club as is the rest of the amp line.

Back