Who uses pebble watch for Golf GPS?

Joshsmit56001

Reaction score
Handicap
I ordered my pebble steel watch last week and I am super excited to use it while on the course. I am a me member of swing by swing pro looper and the pebble watch works in tandem with the swing by swing gps app on my phone and also allows me to track clubs easier. Part if the problem with using my phone with the app was the need to keep taking it out. With the pebble watch, I don't need to now! Who uses their pebble for golf?

Here are their websites in case you have not heard of them.

Getpebble.com
Swingbyswing.com

Thanks,
Josh

I had honestly not heard of the "Pebble" until this. Interesting.

I watched a review on the Pebble and immediately wondered about using it in conjunction with a golf GPS app. It'd be so much more convenient than having to take out my phone and unlock the screen etc. I look forward to hearing updates regarding your new purchase.

I was an original backer of the Pebble on Kickstarter. By the time it finally came in I had lost all interest in the concept and it is still a little light on features as far as I am concerned. I sold it the same day I finally got it in.

Someone will get a smart watch right at some point I hope.

I have never heard of this either. Very intriguing though. Might have to look more into it.

I had one but returned it. You need to have a smart phone for the watch to work, and is only an extension of the phone. I went to a different watch that has gps so I don't need to have my phone w me. That was really my only complaint. Pebble has some good features and the code is open sourced so always new things are coming out.

I've always wanted to get one and use it for that exact feature. But am just waiting for someone to hit the smart watch out of the park. Hopefully an iWatch!!!

I've always wanted to get one and use it for that exact feature. But am just waiting for someone to hit the smart watch out of the park. Hopefully an iWatch!!!

It's a big if with the iWatch. Who knows if that will ever come out.

Here is a video of pebble in use with the swing by swing app.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g9a5u8Uvz2A

I like using the swing by swing app because it gives me tons of info after the round that I can use to improve including visual shots on maps of all of your swings. Really useful to see where you need to improve. I like it better than just a simple GPS watch that basically does one thing for the same price. Like I said though, really a pain to have to take my phone out all the time so I am excited for the ease of use of the watch.

I looked at every smartwatch option out there, trying to convince myself that I need one. A Golf GPS was the biggest thing I had in the "for" column, but the idea that I would need my phone charged and in my pocket to use the watch... not so good. There are plenty of golf GPS watches out there for not much money. They have their own GPS receivers and don't rely on the phone's. I got a black friday deal on a Neo-X and couldn't be happier.

I looked at every smartwatch option out there, trying to convince myself that I need one. A Golf GPS was the biggest thing I had in the "for" column, but the idea that I would need my phone charged and in my pocket to use the watch... not so good. There are plenty of golf GPS watches out there for not much money. They have their own GPS receivers and don't rely on the phone's. I got a black friday deal on a Neo-X and couldn't be happier.

I looked into the Neo-X. How often do you have to charge it? Does it give you front, back, and middle numbers?

I looked into the Neo-X. How often do you have to charge it? Does it give you front, back, and middle numbers?

One charge should last months, until you use it in golf mode, then it might last you a round or two before charging. It does give front, middle and back.

249 seems a bit expensive when you can have a good gps watch for that price

249 seems a bit expensive when you can have a good gps watch for that price

Yea but it is not just a GPS watch. It can do a lot of other things and with the app store coming out as well, the opportunities are endless. If I just wanted it for golf, I would have bought something else. I feel like this watch looks nice enough to be able to wear all the time, it doesn't look like a GPS golf watch. That has been something that has always turned me off about GPS golf watches, you can really only wear them for golf or I think they look ugly as sin.

Yea but it is not just a GPS watch. It can do a lot of other things and with the app store coming out as well, the opportunities are endless. If I just wanted it for golf, I would have bought something else. I feel like this watch looks nice enough to be able to wear all the time, it doesn't look like a GPS golf watch. That has been something that has always turned me off about GPS golf watches, you can really only wear them for golf or I think they look ugly as sin.

yes you are right, I didnt think of the looks and the other functionalities.

did you have a chance to try it out?

yes you are right, I didnt think of the looks and the other functionalities.

did you have a chance to try it out?

Mine is scheduled to ship mid February. I am very excited for it. I wanted to wait for the "iWatch" but who knows when that will happen and how good it will be. For the time being the Pebble watch will be great.

Mine is scheduled to ship mid February. I am very excited for it. I wanted to wait for the "iWatch" but who knows when that will happen and how good it will be. For the time being the Pebble watch will be great.

cool, I just looked a the swing by swing demo and it looks interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9a5u8Uvz2A

did you order the steel one or the cheaper one?

cool, I just looked a the swing by swing demo and it looks interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9a5u8Uvz2A

did you order the steel one or the cheaper one?

I ordered the steel because I wanted a watch that I could wear to work everyday. It is much more stylish than the original pebble. I would have bought the original pebble a long time ago but the look of it was always a turn off because I would not wear it at work as I wear a shirt and tie for my position. I needed something stylish and the pebble steel fit that perfectly. It allows me to be stylish and also have the technology on my wrist which I love.

I ordered the steel because I wanted a watch that I could wear to work everyday. It is much more stylish than the original pebble. I would have bought the original pebble a long time ago but the look of it was always a turn off because I would not wear it at work as I wear a shirt and tie for my position. I needed something stylish and the pebble steel fit that perfectly. It allows me to be stylish and also have the technology on my wrist which I love.

I found the first model here for 105$ shipped on ebay, I should have it this week.

I found the first model here for 105$ shipped on ebay, I should have it this week.

Nice!! You will have to tell me how you like it

Nice!! You will have to tell me how you like it

all right.

I really wanted to buy a golf gps watch, but this is half the price and has all the features I like

I will have to compare the distances with standalone units to see if its good enough.

I might still end up buying the gps watch I want anyways

all right.

I really wanted to buy a golf gps watch, but this is half the price and has all the features I like

I will have to compare the distances with standalone units to see if its good enough.

I might still end up buying the gps watch I want anyways

I have used the swing by swing app on my phone and seems to be pretty close. I am not good enough to need anything exact yet. If it is off by a yard or two, it won't make a difference to my swing. LOL

just got mine (that was quick!) gonna play with it a bit

Pebble's dedicated app store launched today.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/02/03/pebble-app-store/

[h=1]Pebble Debuts New Appstore for Pebble Smart Watches[/h]Monday February 3, 2014 10:18 am PST by Juli Clover
First announced back in December, Pebble today launched a dedicated Pebble appstore featuring an array of apps that can be downloaded onto the company's line of smart watches.

The appstore, which functions similarly to other app repositories from companies like Apple and Google, aggregates all of the third-party apps developed for the Pebble Smart Watch. While apps have existed for the smart watch for quite some time, having a central download location will improve content discovery on the device.

Pebble's dedicated app store launched today.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/02/03/pebble-app-store/

Pebble Debuts New Appstore for Pebble Smart Watches

Monday February 3, 2014 10:18 am PST by Juli Clover
First announced back in December, Pebble today launched a dedicated Pebble appstore featuring an array of apps that can be downloaded onto the company's line of smart watches.

The appstore, which functions similarly to other app repositories from companies like Apple and Google, aggregates all of the third-party apps developed for the Pebble Smart Watch. While apps have existed for the smart watch for quite some time, having a central download location will improve content discovery on the device.

android version coming "soon"

just got mine (that was quick!) gonna play with it a bit

That is awesome you got it so fast. You will have to let me know how you like it!

Back