How would you want to win?

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Sitting here watching the tournament today and it appears at the moment that Scott Stallings sitting in the clubhouse will take the victory.

So, it made me think...

If you were to be on tour, and had a shot at winning, which fashion would you like to win it in?

Sitting in the clubhouse after playing lights out in the final round and letting others try to catch you? Grinding it out in the final pairing? Or have it on cruise control in the final group to an easy victory?

Either or or.

Sitting in the clubhouse would be anti-climactic though. No crowd cheering you and all that.

Good question dude! If I had my choice I'd say from a couple back, maybe 1 group in front of the leader. Leader and I battling back and forth all day, he knows I'm going low because the roars of the crowd are constantly reminding him. On the 18th he's standing in the fairway watching as I line up the go-ahead putt and I DRAIN it! He can't answer and I win the tourney!

Either or or.

Sitting in the clubhouse would be anti-climactic though. No crowd cheering you and all that.

Very true.

Give me a roar while I walk up to the 18th Green!

For the sake of coversation, I'd like to grind it out in the final group on Sunday. Nothing like performing in the clutch, preferably in the same group as the guy you are battling.

I don't think I'd be picky. If I did what was needed to win and was the leader in the club house,it's up to the rest to catch me.

I would take a win anyway I could get it. Haha

If I had my choice though, I would love to be in the final pairing and stuff it on 18 to a huge roar. Tap in the short putt and raise my hands in victory.

I have to admit, I'd love to be sitting in the clubhouse with the victory. I get too nervous anymore.

Cruising. You still get a big ol' roar coming down the 18th, and you get to enjoy it a bit.

Enjoying the final round in cruise control would be nice, as well.

I'll take what I can get.

I imagine there would be a rush like none other to pull off something magical on the 18th to win in the final group...compared to the other options I'd take that one

I would take it anyway I could get it, but I imagine there is nothing like playing in the last group & having a Putt to win it & rolling it in

I would love to be in the final group with the lead and cruise to the victory!!!

I would take a win anyway I could get it. But I think coming from behind to win would be the best.

Either way - a great score was posted. If it was a major I'd take my chances sitting in the clubhouse with a 2 or 3 shot lead.

A win, is a win, is a win, so I'd take it however I could. With that said however, back in my T&F days, there was nothing like walking down a competitor over the last quarter mile. Then again, it was also a great feeling crushing the competition from the sound of the starting gun. Yeah, a win, is a win, is a win.

I'd take a win any way I could get it. :D

Much rather be on the course and win it in the end. I hate waiting! Sitting in the clubhouse is too much waiting.

Good question dude! If I had my choice I'd say from a couple back, maybe 1 group in front of the leader. Leader and I battling back and forth all day, he knows I'm going low because the roars of the crowd are constantly reminding him. On the 18th he's standing in the fairway watching as I line up the go-ahead putt and I DRAIN it! He can't answer and I win the tourney!

Basically took the words straight from my mouth. Second to last group and just catch fire forcing the two guys in the final pairing to match or the win is mine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Of the choices I'd go with cruise control..no stress coming in and I'd get to enjoy the crowd's reaction coming up the 18th fairway.

A win is a win, but I think it would be neat to be in the final group, being the last to putt and needing to sink it to win. Drain it, and everyone goes wild.

Going into the last round with a sizeable lead & shooting lights out to crush the hopes of anyone thinking about making a run at you.

Going into the last round with a sizeable lead & shooting lights out to crush the hopes of anyone thinking about making a run at you.

This. And I want to walk up 18 without a care in the world to those cheers and knowing I can three jack and win.

As long as I finish above MWard, then I don't care when. I would actually like to finish ahead of him, and watch his face and crushed sole when he realizes that I shot lower than he did.

This has happened BTW...

Back