Match Play for Ole Gray

good luck out there OG!

Good Luck, Ole Gray!!!

Just baffle your opponents with OG-speak and rattle their brains like a marble in a milk jug. That'll keep them off balance.

Good luck man..

Good luck OG.

Match play is the most enjoyable format there is.

Good luck OG!

When I read the thread title, I thought it was going to be something else, and that the winner got OG. HAh!

Go get'em OG! Can't wait to see how it goes for you! Just channel your inner Ryder Cup Poults and you should just fine.

Go for it OG!

My Club Pro called today and asked me if I was interested in signing up for our annual Club Match play championship, to be held in March. It's a three week individual tournament using your ghin handicap. This should be fun and I'll will post some preparation thoughts and match results in this thread. Hopefully I will have many results to post and not just one :bulgy-eyes:. I could be paired against high or low handicappers though out the matches however it all comes down to one winner in the end. Club match play champion would be a cool title huh? Wish me luck!

We do the same thing every year here. My first match in the NCGA eClub Match Play Championship (field of 128) is Friday. Once it gets down to the final 4, the semi's and finals are held at the CordeValle resort, site of the PGA Tour Frys.com open.

If you are not familiar with the rule differences governing match play competitions, be sure you learn them. Some VERY important key differences that if you don't know them, can easily cost you holes or an entire match.

Sounds like you will be a club champion soon buddy, I will head up there soon and we will try out a Match Play round, should be good practice.

We do the same thing every year here. My first match in the NCGA eClub Match Play Championship (field of 128) is Friday. Once it gets down to the final 4, the semi's and finals are held at the CordeValle resort, site of the PGA Tour Frys.com open.

If you are not familiar with the rule differences governing match play competitions, be sure you learn them. Some VERY important key differences that if you don't know them, can easily cost you holes or an entire match.

Good luck to you too RR! Whup em good :deadhorse:. I will definitely study up on the match play rules as it could hurt or benefit me :thumb:. Some of the guys that played in our club event last year, said the final 4 usually has a nice size gallery following. :bulgy-eyes:

Sounds like you will be a club champion soon buddy, I will head up there soon and we will try out a Match Play round, should be good practice.

That sounds like fun partner! Heck if I can whup you, my handicap will be looking mighty good come next month :D

Thanks everybody for the support and attaboys!

T0AD -- I will lay down some grayisms on them buddy :clown:lol

Time to introduce those new boys to the woodshed OG. Go beat 'em up.

Good luck OG. Remember, talk alot after every shot and carry a rubber snake. :wink: It keeps 'em off balance!

Time to introduce those new boys to the woodshed OG. Go beat 'em up.

Yea I been teasing them by tossing a bone now & then. If I can some how putt consistently better on our greens that will be the ticket. I already know I can hang with most of the guys I have played with, especially those in the mid to upper handicap range. The only thing the boys from handicap 12 - 18 have on me now, is a huge difference in putts per round. I GOT to get the flat stick on those bent grass greens, honed like a bird dog on a fat quail :thumb:.

Good luck OG. Remember, talk alot after every shot and carry a rubber snake. :wink: It keeps 'em off balance!

Damn, I love the rubber snake idea! KellyBo pulled that on me one day at the goat track and I nearly shat in my pants :bulgy-eyes:

Yeah Bill, bring 'em the woodshed. GL buddy.

I didn't realize the rules were different so I searched the differences on Google. Here's a link for you to study Ole Gray. You might need to learn the regular rules first though. ;)

http://golf.about.com/od/beginners/a/matchplayrules.htm

Good luck OG!

When I read the thread title, I thought it was going to be something else, and that the winner got OG. HAh!

un huh so if I win the championship that means I get to play on your team in the Morgan Cup :blob:.. I wish :D!

I didn't realize the rules were different so I searched the differences on Google. Here's a link for you to study Ole Gray. You might need to learn the regular rules first though. ;)

hahahaha real funny there KB . You know I'm a walking rulebook. I keep all the rules and play a anchored putter :bulgy-eyes:. That reminds me, I really need a new putter like yesterday! Maybe a fitting with a cool looking SB2 SeeMore in my future :golf::D

Damn, I love the rubber snake idea! KellyBo pulled that on me one day at the goat track and I nearly shat in my pants :bulgy-eyes:

Worked for Trevino! :D

Good Luck man!

J.

The "playing in turn" part is very important. I've gotten impatient and played a shot out of turn in match play before and was asked to replay it on more than one occasion. Both with good and bad results. However, it is not an automatic rule. Your opponent must request that you replay the shot. He can watch you shank one out of turn and be pleasantly quiet.

Good luck OG. I just finished my match play season. I love the format.

Work on your short game, a good short game will drive your opponents nuts. It can keep you in any hole. I went 3-1 this year. The match i lost was the only match I had over 30 putts.

OG...OG.....OG !!

Make us old guys proud !!

Good luck, Ole Gray!

Best of luck OG, wear those famous overalls and kick their back sides

Back