Need comfy walking shoes!

Spring182

Reaction score
Handicap
After getting a push cart I walk about 95% of the time now and the Adidas Sambas just arent cutting it anymore. Lately once I get around to 17 & 18 my feet are about done and ready to leave(maybe because it's a flat shoe). I usually like to walk 36 when I have time so I am now in the market for some more comfortable shoes. I would like to stay under $100. What are some thoughts and opinions on shoes to look into for guys that walk alot?

I like a lighter shoe for times when on my feet a lot. The Nike Lunar Controls are extremely comfortable to me for a traditional spiked shoe. However the most comfortable shoe I own is the Callaway Del Mar. They are a casual looking shoe, but have solid support, and are extremely comfy.

I like a lighter shoe for times when on my feet a lot. The Nike Lunar Controls are extremely comfortable to me for a traditional spiked shoe. However the most comfortable shoe I own is the Callaway Del Mar. They are a casual looking shoe, but have solid support, and are extremely comfy.

My home course has a pair of Lunar Controls for $90 that I have had my eye on.

I've had a lot of success with the spikeless Adidas Adicross. Just wore out a pair after about 175 walking rounds in a little under 2 years. New pair will be in play Saturday.

I walk a lot as well. Here are 2 I have that I really like to wear when walking that should fit your budget.

Asics Matchplay 33 - They will certainly fit your budget.http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005J36K8O/ref=twister_B005J36C1O
41Snktfub8L.jpg

Nike Lunar Ascend - http://www.amazon.com/Nike-Lunar-As...id=1391092592&sr=1-4&keywords=Nike+Golf+Shoes

Nike-Lunar-Ascend-Gear-Patrol.jpg

My home course has a pair of Lunar Controls for $90 that I have had my eye on.

Im fortunate in that I have just about every single pair of new shoes that has come out the last few years. Some are more comfortable than others, but if its for walking, you want solid support, an upper section that is twistable and something that does not need to be "broken in". You will know it when you try them on if they are right immediately.

For lightweight I love my Faas Lite Mesh, but for sheer walking comfort even if they have a little more weight, its all about the Cally Del Mar's for me, SO COMFY!

I'm in the market as well... anyone have experience with the Callaway XCage - Vibe yet?

Another vote for the Del Mars. I walk 75% of my rounds and they have been very good to me.

Are you looking specifically for spikeless/spiked? Or just for a comfortable shoe and it doesn't matter whats on the bottom?

I really like the Footjoy Contour Casual. I have bought two pair and usually wear them to work (teacher) because they look so good with pants. I also really like the new Footjoy Dryjoy Casual, but you are looking at $150 that route. I have a pair of Puma FAAS Lites that I just got at GG for $30 (unbelievable price) and I like them, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a walking shoe. They seem to rock a little for me from side to side.

The TW13?? Price has dropped on them. Does anyone have experience with them?

have not worn them to play in. But from guys I know, I'm told they are comfortable, but your feet will get hot. Also some have issues with the tongue rubbing against the ankle

adizeros are marked down from $179 to $79 at Dick's.

There are full threads on just about every kind of shoe out there with tons of feedback on each one.

I didn't see a thread on these so I thought I would update here that I picked up a pair of Nike Air Rival III's. Tried on probably 15 different pairs of shoes and found these and the Nike Air Range to be the most comfy. Went with the Rivals because I didn't care much for the available colors the store had in the others. So here's to a good season walking the course hopefully!!
ypuje9u9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also walk a bunch of rounds and my Kikkor Tennys are by far my most comfortable shoe for walking. Not exactly a traditional looking golf shoe, but when you're walking 3 rounds a week, comfort is most important.

Back