THP Ultimate Club Testing w/ TaylorMade Golf

1st post updated with pairings and foursomes for Saturday and Sunday.

As a "veteran" of THP Ultimate Club Testings, let me just say the equipment is maybe 25% of the experience. Especially for you guys who haven't been to big THP events, this is going to blow your mind. Don't worry about what you're testing or not testing, the rounds and the hanging out in between is what is going to have the biggest impression on you. Sure what we saw from Callaway was awesome, and knowing no one outside of Callaway has more hands on time with it than us is cool, but I think of having been able to see old friends again and having made new ones first and foremost. Well, that and Freddie pulling his shorts up to his chest.

Were any of you less enthusiastic about the THP events before you were getting clubs? Its just a bonus, and well worth the price of admission as it is.

Completely agree. After playing in a THP event early in the year, I have been waiting for an opportunity to play in another THP event. Knowing that Taylormmade is involved is incredible. But you had me when it was other THPers involved. Doesn't get any better right there.

I feel like a started a firestorm of some degree and I sure didn't mean to. Apologies again to anyone that thought my post was out of line or appeared ungrateful. Feeling really bad that I even posted the question now. Sometimes things typed just don't come across as intended and this was one of those cases. T0AD can vouch for my excitement and appreciation for this event, THP, TaylorMade, Championsgate and everyone that had a hand it this.

Okay guys. Here goes. The event on the first post was to be about the driver. You were to get a full fitting as well as the driver to review. That changed (as we have said in the thread). Rather than have you test out a driver that everybody already has and we could tell there were some feelings towards, we pushed hard to get this set up for early release irons.

We tried our best to be as upfront as possible that it would be standard OTR due to availability. Now I am hearing that people want to test drivers and get fit. So I have been on the phone all morning making calls and we will have a fitter there (one of the best in the country) along with TaylorMade to work with you guys.

The Fitter will be there to work with you. Your irons will still be standard off the rack. You can be fit for the driver if you choose. You will however not be testing that driver. While we might have some tricks up our sleeves with a few contests, we can tell you that you will not be getting both the fitted driver and the set of irons. You will receive the set of irons.

Im truly sorry that this event changed due to a release being moved up by the company. Its why we struggle to put info about events out early, because if they have to change, then people get upset. Yet when we don't put the info out early enough, its hard for people to make plans.

Listen guys, I mean this with all sincerity. We are trying our best to give you the weekend of your lives in an aspect that has never been done before (not just by THP, but by anybody). I know some of you were looking for a certain aspect that might have changed, but we firmly believe the event has evolved in something incredibly special.

Itinerary
Friday Night - Meet in Greet with THP & TaylorMade
Saturday Morning - Club Education and Fitting
Saturday Afternoon - Golf
Saturday Night - Night Golf w/ THP & TaylorMade
Sunday Morning - Golf

No reason to apologize...like you said things happen and you adapt accordingly. When you sit back and look at all that THP and TM has done for this event and at the price being offered its truly amazing and people should feel privileged to take part in it.

Anyone that has any issues at all with this event needs their head examined.

1st post updated with pairings and foursomes for Saturday and Sunday.

Okay JB, stop it.. This is getting way to real, an I have to finish work today and tomorrow. :)

Can't wait to play with you guys!

Guys nobody needs to apologize. Its not what that post was about or made for.

This is just a ridiculous crazy deal. I have to go to ny this week for a wedding so I couldn't be there if I wanted to but I am so jelly of the amazing weekend you guys are gonna have. You guys are so lucky!!! Let me repeat that YOU GUYS ARE SO GOSH DARN LUCKY!!!

My groups....prepare for hilarity. :alien:

Looking forward to meeting the guys in my group!! Amsmith and O'Carroll, I'm not sure what the contest is or what the prize will be for the pairings, but I'll apologize for it now. Canadan, so pumped to be in your group in the first round. It'll be awesome to see what someone of your skill level can do with these clubs. You'll look at me and say, yeah, I remember when I was 6 and just learning to swing a club, I probably looked a lot like that. Maybe even height wise too, LOL. I am going to have an absolute blast and posting the pairings just made this event seem that much closer to fruition.

I'm stuck in a conference call meeting, and all I can think about is "can't Friday just hurry the F up and get here?!"

Dude. We will have a blast. Bank on it.

You guys really are going to have a blast. amsmith was my partner at the NE invitational and we had a fantastic day! Just make sure to tell him to tee the ball off his front foot! ;)

Looks like some solid groups to me. Solid courses, using solid clubs, with solid THPers. Solid.

You all are going to have a blast...almost here.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

For those looking at those pairings and wondering where they came from?
Obviously we are awful people. No, I kid I kid.

Perhaps there are a few tricks up our sleeves after all.
Myself and someone from TaylorMade will be teeing it up in front of you guys on Saturday.
Beat our score and each member of the twosome that does will win something.

Myself and someone from TaylorMade will be teeing it up in front of you guys on Saturday.

tumblr_m17riq3A5o1qejzxno1_500.gif

I feel like a started a firestorm of some degree and I sure didn't mean to. Apologies again to anyone that thought my post was out of line or appeared ungrateful. Feeling really bad that I even posted the question now. Sometimes things typed just don't come across as intended and this was one of those cases. T0AD can vouch for my excitement and appreciation for this event, THP, TaylorMade, Championsgate and everyone that had a hand it this.

It's true. I stand back when he talks about this weekend. I don't want him piddling on me like an excited puppy. :alien:

tapt

Pssh, you guys dont have a chance against me and O'Carrol.

Edit: We get strokes, right? Haha

Canadan, have you booked a shuttle yet? Send me a PM for arranging it.

Back