moosejaa

Mr. Inconsistent
Reaction score
Handicap
I thought it might be helpful for those of us that like to occasionally buy apparel on-line to get an idea of the size discrepancies between the different brands of clothing.
If anybody has thoughts on this it would be nice to hear from you.
This seems to be especially true in waist size for pants.
With Under Armour, Adidas and Puma I'm usually a 36W.
But with Nike, Izod, Champion, Greg Norman and Slazenger I've had to get a 38W.
I know there are a lot of other brands out there I would consider purchasing (Oakley, Fila, JL, etc.),
so it would be nice to know.
I've noticed the same with shirts too. Sometimes a large or XL fit better, depending on the brand.
Nike is all over the place in their sizing.

I have found Nike and Adidas shoes to run about 1/2 size small.

Very useful thread!

The very reason I try on before I buy.

Great idea for thread!

Polos in XXL, I've found:
Adidas, Nike, UA, Puma very similar in girth, UA 2-3 inches longer.
Oscar Jacobson, maybe half a size smaller.

Outerwear:
Adidas - generous
Puma, Nike, Galvin Green - I'd class as true fit
Ping - not even close, at least a full size down imho

I agree with the adidas and Nike shoes running a 1/2 size small. In shirts I find Sligo and Fila to both run small. I need to step up a full size on those.

The very reason I try on before I buy.

I prefer to try something on first but sometimes you come across something on-line that is really nice and/or a great deal where that is not an option.

I have found Nike and Adidas shoes to run about 1/2 size small.

Very useful thread!

Good thought, shoes are another area. Even hats, bought a TM s/m hat that might as well be labeled child size.

Shoes are one thing I do not buy online. I have to try them on because every shoe I feel is different, even in the same brand.

Most of my Nike golf shirts are XL. But one I bought on sale at Dick's is a L and the same size as the XL's.....

I'm a big dude. I'm a XXL in most brands, but this can be frustrating when taking advantage of online deals when sometimes not knowing what you are going to get.

I agree with the adidas and Nike shoes running a 1/2 size small. In shirts I find Sligo and Fila to both run small. I need to step up a full size on those.

Yes. Both Sligo and Fila I cannot wear in their XXL.

Interesting how some things fit different than others. I usually wear a 33w in pants, but some don't carry a 33, so I'll get a 34. Well I got some 34 slacks from Under Armor and they were WAY to big. I then got a 34 from Travis Matthews and they were closer to a 32! Put them side by side with the UA's and they were just over an inch different! Crazy! lol So my UA slacks bunch and my TM's I don't even need to wear a belt. Oh well.

Golf shirt wise, I try and stay with Under Armour, mainly so I can keep the sizing consistent.

UA I wear a medium, annoyer because I have 3 large UA's that all fit differently.

Nike I am also a medium. Strangely, in the one Mike Weir shirt that I have I am a perfect size Small.

I've found Puma golf shoes to run a half-size to full-size larger than average. I wear a size 8/7.5W, but find myself fitting easily into a 7 or 7.5 in Puma shoes.

I find adidas runs bigger than others like Nike or Puma I have XL for those but a L for adidas.

Adidas shirts in the "relaxed" fit and Antigua shirts usually run a size big for me. I wore some Antigua medium shirts in the MC last year that fitted like a huge quilt over me, small would have worked much better. I wear a medium in Nike, Sligo, Polo, and RLX.

I normally wear large but adidas I need slim fit or medium. Izod runs pretty true to size so a large there. Puma I fit in to a large as well but it's a little snug, a good snug. Penguin golf runs small so I go XL there. My Ping shirt is a large but it seems to be a little loose not the ideal fit. If I continue to lose weight I might have some shirts FS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love golf hats and like with shoes, I just don't get how these sizes can be all over the place. What are these companies using...different measures? I thought an inch was an inch or a CM a CM. I prefer the flex-fit over the adjustable and at 7 1/4 I am right between the S/M and L/XL. Some hats the S/M fits (Nike) others are too tight (Taylormade or Titleist) and have to go up to L/XL which can then be too big (some brands don't offer the M/L). UA hats are all over the place too.

Back