Fairway Finder - What club do you pull?

Driver all day. It's probably the club I am most confident and accurate with.

:D 8 iron...

I would hit either my 4 hybrid, or tee my driver low. If course was firm probably go the driver route - that is a good fairway finder for me.

You can hit your 8 iron 200+? Damn bro. Lay off the weights. Haha

Probably my 3W. It's an older club but I hit that thing pretty friggin well

I just got a 21° Callaway X Utility Prototype a month ago that I can hit 225 on a string - that's the ticket!

I'd say my 2 hybrid - it'll get it out there 200+ and it'll usually end up in the short grass. I can miss with my 3w almost as badly as I can with my driver.

For me this is a no brainer. There is not club in my bag that I can hit of the tee that is straighter than my driver. Every time I try something else to play "safe" I regret it. If it requires a little shorter shot, I just choke up a couple of inches and take the same swing.

I'd have to use my driver. Anything else I'd be pressing and probably hook it into trouble. A smooth, firm driver should get me out about 215-220.

Was my 3-iron till I changed sets. Now its my 2-hybo.

Totally depends on my swing that day. I can almost guarantee where my 4 iron will go but if my swing gets to be all arms, I'm in trouble.

Some days I can't miss my driver and it's my club I'm most confident in most rounds.

I'm going to pull my 4 or 5 irons if it's a really tight shot. If I have a little wider fairway but still need to keep it in the fairway, then I'll pull my 2 or 3 hybrid.

My PING G5 5 wood. Every time

For me it's the XHot 4W or XTD Hybrid... both are fairway finder's and get the job done for me.

Mashie 3wood or Mashie 2H

My ZL Encore driver!!!!! :thumbup:

For a 200+, must be in the fairway shot, I pull the Adams 17* FW. But similar to v.man, I like choking down on the driver and teeing the ball down a little. It decreases the spin off the club face and controls the flight launch down enough.

My Amp 19° hybrid is my go-to. 210 yards of distance usually, very straight, and I usually get a very low flight off the tee or the turf. When the winds start rolling through in the winter and early spring months, that matters as much as distance.

I didn't read the question right. I definitely would hit my driver. Very confident with that club (most days).

Burner 2.0 3 wood. On the rare occasion that I'm not hitting it well, my Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3H always works. Unless I'm on the first tee at the THP Bridgestone Invitational. Then I don't even make contact and skull both of them into the dirt on successive days.

For me it's my Cobra Amp Cell 5 wood with Red tie shaft, I just feel super confident with it, and can also do a more abbreviated/controlled swing which would also help keep it in play, depending on the hole I may actually go all they way down to my 5 iron, I fell super confident with it and wouldn't get as much distance out of it, but I know for a fact I'd find the fairway!

F5 for me. love that club.

My 3 iron may not get me past the 200 yard mark if hit poorly, so i am left with 3w or driver. I think taking an 80-90% swing with my 3w would be the ideal shot for me, but there is still a fair chance I would not be in the fairway. This is one of the tougher shots for me; 200+ fairway a must.

Back