This is something...Toyota's flammable seats

Speedliner

Reaction score
Handicap
Wow that's probably going to hurt sales in the north (and apparently south now).

I hope they do the right thing and recall those.

Luckily neither of my 2 Toyota's are on the list. I have heated seats in both.

Absolutely crazy. Hopefully someone gets fired over that one because thats completely unacceptable.

Wow that's probably going to hurt sales in the north (and apparently south now).
Recalls in the past didnt really hurt Toyota's sales in the past. Even with the SUA, pedal entrapment due to loose floormats (which Im actually not convinced was Toyota's fault in the first place) and other problems theyve had in the past, it hasnt really hurt Toyota's sales.
Like I said in my other post, if I were upper management at Toyota, Id be finding out whoever was responsible and if that person worked for Toyota, they wouldnt have a job anymore. It is possible that this issue isnt even Toyota's fault, especially if they dont build the seats themselves. It is entirely possible that the seats get build by some outside vendor, delivered to the factory, loaded on the line and installed in the cars. If thats the case, it sucks for Toyota but thats still their problem and no one is going to feel sorry for them.
In any event, my Camry doesnt have heated seats, so Im good.

Was that intended to be a pun referring to the bottom of the seat? Honest question as I got a pretty good chuckle out of it.

Was that intended to be a pun referring to the bottom of the seat? Honest question as I got a pretty good chuckle out of it.

Glad you caught that, because it wasn't intended (was referring to colder weather down south).

Back