My Journey to the Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
In an effort to log my own personal growth and work towards the Morgan Cup in July, I am starting a thread. My purpose and goal for the next 6 months is commit myself to doing something every day that brings me closer to hoisting the Morgan Cup with Team DotCom. That work will be chronicled here so I can hold myself accountable to posting and keeping tabs on what I did. I will post daily about what I did that day and how I feel it made me a better golfer, teammate, and representative of THP community as a whole. I appreciate any feedback you might have.

Today I played 18 holes at a local muni. I played the 9-hole course twice. It is a par 30, 1711 yards in length with 3 short par 4's and 6 par 3's. Every day this week I have been working on the range and wanted to get on the course and work on the techniques that @tadashi70 provided me in Orlando. I played the first 9 at -2 under in an hour and decided to play another 9 since no one was playing. I played the next 9 in +2 so for the 18 holes I was even par. I had 5 birdies and 5 bogeys.

My rounds today showed me that my swing changes are working. I have given up about 10-15 yards but gained a ton of accuracy. In addition I used some of the putting grip methods from the THP interview with Pat O'Brien and find the grip suggested much more natural and repeatable, making 5 1-putts and no 3-putts. I am excited to keep going.

My goal for tomorrow: I am playing 18 holes of regulation golf and will be establishing my fitness regimen that will begin on Monday, focusing on cardio and flexibility.

Great idea fupresti! Had I made it on a Morgan Cup Team, I was going to make a thread similar to this...so it great to see you doing this. Keep up the good work, I look forward to following you and ALL of Team Dot Com on your way to winning the 2014 Morgan Cup Championship! GO TEAM DOT COM!

Hey Fu, I may be wrong, but I don't think we're supposed to make MC specific threads this year in an attempt to make it more inclusive. If you're practicing, use the existing practice thread, if you're working out, use the fitness thread. That's at least my understanding from things I've read, but again, I could certainly be wrong.

I can say though, I'm going to love following along with your journey and hope to push you as much as I can.

Hey Fu, I may be wrong, but I don't think we're supposed to make MC specific threads this year in an attempt to make it more inclusive. If you're practicing, use the existing practice thread, if you're working out, use the fitness thread. That's at least my understanding from things I've read, but again, I could certainly be wrong.

I can say though, I'm going to love following along with your journey and hope to push you as much as I can.

You are right. We want to see everyone's progress throughout the event and the best way to do this is to share and motivate each other in the existing threads.

My Journey to the Morgan Cup

Great idea it plan on doing it w/I threads.

My apologies, I read JB's PM wrong. If the mods can move this into the appropriate area I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back